News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to use community Q&A to increase your reach
With Community Q&A a potential shopper can ask any questions and know that the answer is coming from someone who truly knows the product. It's even a great marketing opportunity, because it lets store owners see exactly what product features are most important to their shoppers, which they can subsequently use as selling points on their marketing materials.
Kristina: How does this kind of interface improve the customer experience?
Ude Ledergor, Head of Marketing, Yotpo: This tool builds a community and improves the customer experience in two big ways: 1) New or potential shoppers get to interact with previous shoppers to better understand the products before they buy, increasing their confidence and likelihood of buying. 2) Previous shoppers are driven back to the store to answer questions, where they form a community of experts, adding to their sense of self-worth as they are given an ideal opportunity to shop again and become a returning customer.
Kristina: Before offering this kind of contact, what should brands do to prepare?
Udi: Store owners need to understand that depriving your customers of transparent feedback channels on your products and services is not an option anymore. If you don't provide your customers with the platform they need to do this, they will simply do it off-site, where you have even less control over what is being said about your brand and less of an opportunity to follow and interject the conversation. Today's consumer expects the brands he loves to be open, honest, and provide multiple channels of communication, both between customers and the brand, as well as between past and future customers.
Image via Shutterstock
- Customer experience to be key brand differentiator by 2020
- The differences between American, European ads and why they matter
- Study: Online video pushing hungry people to burger chains
- Google's HTTPS ranking signal has little to no effect
- 'Huge landmark' as ecommerce mobile traffic overtakes desktop
- Happy birthday, email! Now, what can you do for me?
- Poll: Phone fraud tops $8 billion mark in America
- Webtrends: Top 3 tips to improve online bookings
Featured White Papers
- Expert Panel: Brand Strategists Answer Top 5 Social Questions
During SXSW Interactive, we gathered a team of five leading brand strategists to answer the five most pressing social questions...
- The Truth About Cloud Security
"Security" is the number one issue holding business leaders back from the cloud. But does the reality match the perception?...
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...