News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to use community Q&A to increase your reach
With Community Q&A a potential shopper can ask any questions and know that the answer is coming from someone who truly knows the product. It's even a great marketing opportunity, because it lets store owners see exactly what product features are most important to their shoppers, which they can subsequently use as selling points on their marketing materials.
Kristina: How does this kind of interface improve the customer experience?
Ude Ledergor, Head of Marketing, Yotpo: This tool builds a community and improves the customer experience in two big ways: 1) New or potential shoppers get to interact with previous shoppers to better understand the products before they buy, increasing their confidence and likelihood of buying. 2) Previous shoppers are driven back to the store to answer questions, where they form a community of experts, adding to their sense of self-worth as they are given an ideal opportunity to shop again and become a returning customer.
Kristina: Before offering this kind of contact, what should brands do to prepare?
Udi: Store owners need to understand that depriving your customers of transparent feedback channels on your products and services is not an option anymore. If you don't provide your customers with the platform they need to do this, they will simply do it off-site, where you have even less control over what is being said about your brand and less of an opportunity to follow and interject the conversation. Today's consumer expects the brands he loves to be open, honest, and provide multiple channels of communication, both between customers and the brand, as well as between past and future customers.
Image via Shutterstock
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
- Consumers prefer SMS to apps for brand communications
- Physical stores still popular with young fashion shoppers
- Britain has more female gamers than male
- Permission-based email marketers still finding inbox placement hard work
- Study: Mobile driving travel plans
Featured White Papers
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...