News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How predictive tech may simplify engagement
Predictive technology is a new phrase beginning to make the rounds in boardrooms around the world. At the core, predictive technology is high-functioning behavioral targeting. It uses consumers behaviors and interests to extrapolate how that consumer might engage or interact with a branded message, piece of content or even social status update.
Kristina: What is predictive technology?
Max Wheeler, CEO, Mynd: Predictive algorithms learn from the user's behaviors and interests to determine their future intents. In many cases those intents are transactional in nature and are a great engagement opportunity for brands and services.
Kristina: Why is this important for online brands?
Max: Predictive Technology is very useful for brands to get engaged with customers at the most appropriate time. For example if I get coffee every day at 2pm that would be a pretty good signal that I'm likely to do that again tomorrow. Local coffee shops could be given an opportunity to vie for my business with plenty of time for me to make a decision.
Kristina: How can brands incorporate predictive technology into their daily business?
Max: Predictive technology is going to be most effective when integrated into tools that users use on a daily basis. In Mynd's case the tool is the calendar. Brands should work with predictive apps makers to integrate their products and services in a seamless fashion. The app vendor's algorithms will be able to select the most appropriate time to present users with the appropriate transactional opportunity.
Image via Shutterstock
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
- Studies predict strong holiday shopping season
- Unruly IDs the most shared videos of 2014
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....