News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How predictive tech may simplify engagement
Predictive technology is a new phrase beginning to make the rounds in boardrooms around the world. At the core, predictive technology is high-functioning behavioral targeting. It uses consumers behaviors and interests to extrapolate how that consumer might engage or interact with a branded message, piece of content or even social status update.
Kristina: What is predictive technology?
Max Wheeler, CEO, Mynd: Predictive algorithms learn from the user's behaviors and interests to determine their future intents. In many cases those intents are transactional in nature and are a great engagement opportunity for brands and services.
Kristina: Why is this important for online brands?
Max: Predictive Technology is very useful for brands to get engaged with customers at the most appropriate time. For example if I get coffee every day at 2pm that would be a pretty good signal that I'm likely to do that again tomorrow. Local coffee shops could be given an opportunity to vie for my business with plenty of time for me to make a decision.
Kristina: How can brands incorporate predictive technology into their daily business?
Max: Predictive technology is going to be most effective when integrated into tools that users use on a daily basis. In Mynd's case the tool is the calendar. Brands should work with predictive apps makers to integrate their products and services in a seamless fashion. The app vendor's algorithms will be able to select the most appropriate time to present users with the appropriate transactional opportunity.
Image via Shutterstock
- 'Commuter Commerce' worth £9.3 billion each year
- Research uncovers ways in which Millennials 'game' e-commerce
- Study finds that 'data for discounts' consumer behavior is a fallacy
- Ad Roundup: Solutions for ads, optimization, mobile work
- Top 3 don't's for telecom customer service
- Kahuna: Brands must engage for apps to work
- Research highlights effectiveness of in-app messaging
- Facebook tests 10-second video views and monetization
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...