News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Gigya: Facebook winning for logins
Social login continues to gain ground with consumers who don't want to remember one more password or create one more profile just to buy a pair of socks online. And it will likely surprise no one who is winning: Facebook.
New data is out about the social login space: and it shows Facebook with a strong share of the space. Gigya studied social logins through Q1 2014 and found that the social giant holds just over half (51%) of North American social logins. That is the first time in three quarters Facebook has won the space.
"In the first quarter of 2014, Facebook saw a continued resurgence as an identity provider and maintained a majority of all logins," writes Gigya. "Google/Google+, meanwhile, remained strong with nearly 30% of all logins. Yahoo continued losing its share of logins, dipping 2% over last quarter."
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• Google/Google+ holds a 28% share of the space while Yahoo is holding on to about 13%
• For mobile devices Facebook, Google/G+ and Twitter share the top three spaces
• Amazon's new 'Login with Amazon' offering has culled a 1% share
As for verticals, Facebook leads both ecommerce (77%) and media/publishers with a 47% share and consumer brands with a 67% share.
It is interesting to note that Facebook is the leader on a global basis as well. While their share is at the half-way mark for North American, Facebook is seeing higher percentages in Europe (59%), South America (80%), Africa/Middle East (78%) and Asia/Pacific (79%).
Image via Shutterstock
- Consumer satisfaction with mobile commerce falling
- YouTube wants agencies to learn from their top creators
- Search marketing taking back seat as proving ROI challenging
- Study: Video big influencer for some voters
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships underscore importance of connection
- Study: Digital driving calls to businesses
- Study: Email key for SMB trust
- Studies: Video views increasing
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...