News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Gigya: Facebook winning for logins
Social login continues to gain ground with consumers who don't want to remember one more password or create one more profile just to buy a pair of socks online. And it will likely surprise no one who is winning: Facebook.
New data is out about the social login space: and it shows Facebook with a strong share of the space. Gigya studied social logins through Q1 2014 and found that the social giant holds just over half (51%) of North American social logins. That is the first time in three quarters Facebook has won the space.
"In the first quarter of 2014, Facebook saw a continued resurgence as an identity provider and maintained a majority of all logins," writes Gigya. "Google/Google+, meanwhile, remained strong with nearly 30% of all logins. Yahoo continued losing its share of logins, dipping 2% over last quarter."
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• Google/Google+ holds a 28% share of the space while Yahoo is holding on to about 13%
• For mobile devices Facebook, Google/G+ and Twitter share the top three spaces
• Amazon's new 'Login with Amazon' offering has culled a 1% share
As for verticals, Facebook leads both ecommerce (77%) and media/publishers with a 47% share and consumer brands with a 67% share.
It is interesting to note that Facebook is the leader on a global basis as well. While their share is at the half-way mark for North American, Facebook is seeing higher percentages in Europe (59%), South America (80%), Africa/Middle East (78%) and Asia/Pacific (79%).
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 challenges facing retailers and how to solve them
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
- European Commission forces Google, Apple to make users aware of 'true cost' of an app
- Top 3 tips to improve seasonal marketing plans
- Research: Social media users less likely to post positively about their favorite products
- Twitter preps for new generation of commerce experiences
- iBeacon firm offers free hardware and installation to UK retailers
- Swrve: Report reveals one third of apps get only one minute of attention
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...