News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Gigya: Facebook winning for logins
Social login continues to gain ground with consumers who don't want to remember one more password or create one more profile just to buy a pair of socks online. And it will likely surprise no one who is winning: Facebook.
New data is out about the social login space: and it shows Facebook with a strong share of the space. Gigya studied social logins through Q1 2014 and found that the social giant holds just over half (51%) of North American social logins. That is the first time in three quarters Facebook has won the space.
"In the first quarter of 2014, Facebook saw a continued resurgence as an identity provider and maintained a majority of all logins," writes Gigya. "Google/Google+, meanwhile, remained strong with nearly 30% of all logins. Yahoo continued losing its share of logins, dipping 2% over last quarter."
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• Google/Google+ holds a 28% share of the space while Yahoo is holding on to about 13%
• For mobile devices Facebook, Google/G+ and Twitter share the top three spaces
• Amazon's new 'Login with Amazon' offering has culled a 1% share
As for verticals, Facebook leads both ecommerce (77%) and media/publishers with a 47% share and consumer brands with a 67% share.
It is interesting to note that Facebook is the leader on a global basis as well. While their share is at the half-way mark for North American, Facebook is seeing higher percentages in Europe (59%), South America (80%), Africa/Middle East (78%) and Asia/Pacific (79%).
Image via Shutterstock
- What drives reward program spending
- Forecast: Local media to slide mobile
- Brands: How Chat-As-A-Service can work for you
- Survey: Computers are the connection of choice for sports fans
- Expert: The link between returns and cart abandons
- Mobile Roundup: App releases focus on connection, analysis
- Amazon's latest delivery location - the trunk of your car
- How mobile will change in 2015
Featured White Papers
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...