News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Gender attitudes to social media poles apart
New gender-based research reveals the differing activities of men and women when using social media, enabling marketers to better formulate their social strategies.
While women are more likely to post images of their dinner, and share the recipe on social media - men are more likely to be reading the news or watching video on their device, according to the research from FinancesOnline.com.
It is domesticity, digitized.
And the differences don't stop there. Attitudes to brand relationships and social advertising are also poles apart.
Men want quick and easy access to coupons or promotion details, and are more likely to scan QR codes or coupons (56%) than women (39%).
Women, on the other hand, prefer a social media relationship and are much more likely to follow or 'Like' a brand to keep abreast of deals and promotions (71%) than men (18%). Furthermore, women are likely to ignore ads in social media (48%) more often than men (42%) as well as mobile text ads (59% vs. 52%).
According to FinancesOnline.com, the "converging platforms" of social and mobile "are considered to be one of the biggest disruptive trends, as trivial as changing society's shopping habits and critical as changing government through popular revolutions. And as in real life, men and women differ in using social media and their mobile devices."
On interesting finding for game developers - the number of women gaming on their smartphone outnumbers men by 10% (38% vs. 28%).
- Study: Loyalty higher for mall-wide programs
- Top 3 challenges facing retailers and how to solve them
- Ad viewability levels down across Europe
- Virtual Reality: Seeing, and trying, is believing and buying
- Expert: Retail's trends to watch
- Mobile Roundup: Platforms to simplify work, personal lives
- Report: Fraud attacks up 80%
- Marketers value startups for their passion, drive, and technological prowess
Featured White Papers
- The Ultimate Guide to Website Personalization
There is a wealth of methods to put your company's data to work; by far, personalization is one of the...