News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Gender attitudes to social media poles apart
New gender-based research reveals the differing activities of men and women when using social media, enabling marketers to better formulate their social strategies.
While women are more likely to post images of their dinner, and share the recipe on social media - men are more likely to be reading the news or watching video on their device, according to the research from FinancesOnline.com.
It is domesticity, digitized.
And the differences don't stop there. Attitudes to brand relationships and social advertising are also poles apart.
Men want quick and easy access to coupons or promotion details, and are more likely to scan QR codes or coupons (56%) than women (39%).
Women, on the other hand, prefer a social media relationship and are much more likely to follow or 'Like' a brand to keep abreast of deals and promotions (71%) than men (18%). Furthermore, women are likely to ignore ads in social media (48%) more often than men (42%) as well as mobile text ads (59% vs. 52%).
According to FinancesOnline.com, the "converging platforms" of social and mobile "are considered to be one of the biggest disruptive trends, as trivial as changing society's shopping habits and critical as changing government through popular revolutions. And as in real life, men and women differ in using social media and their mobile devices."
On interesting finding for game developers - the number of women gaming on their smartphone outnumbers men by 10% (38% vs. 28%).
- Webrooming parents heading to physical stores for back-to-school purchases
- 43% of all traffic to travel websites now comes from mobile
- Survey: Gamers don't want interruptions
- Reports: Back to school stressing parents
- How to measure engagement to reach a deeper customer relationship
- Survey: Amazon influencing back to school shoppers
- Hilton gives guests greater control with significant app upgrade
- Top 3 tips for better channel optimization
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...