News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Forrester report highlights why marketers should be using Google Plus
Google Plus isn't as deserted a destination as you might at first think. According to new research from Forrester the social network is actually a more effective marketing environment than Twitter and is a must for marketers.
While Facebook remains the dominant social network with 72% of the 61,000 US adults surveyed by Forrester visiting the site at least monthly, the second-biggest and beyond should not be ignored.
Did you know, for instance, that Google Plus has as many adults using it in the U.S. as Twitter? Almost a quarter (22%) of respondents to Forrester's survey said they visit Google Plus at least once a month - the same number that visits Twitter monthly.
"That means you can build a real follower base on Google Plus: On average, top brands have collected 90% as many fans on Plus as on Twitter," says Nate Elliott, Forrester analyst and author of the report.
The good news for Google Plus continues with the finding that its followers are twice as engaged as Twitter followers.
So why does Twitter get all the attention? According to Elliot, Forrester analyst and author of the report, the media has altered perceptions in favor of Twitter.
"Put simply, Google Plus isn't the Facebook killer some hoped it would be," Elliott wrote in a blog post discussing the report 'The Case for Google Plus'. "But that doesn't mean marketers should ignore Plus. Far from it: I believe every marketer should use Google Plus."
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...