News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Forrester report highlights why marketers should be using Google Plus
Google Plus isn't as deserted a destination as you might at first think. According to new research from Forrester the social network is actually a more effective marketing environment than Twitter and is a must for marketers.
While Facebook remains the dominant social network with 72% of the 61,000 US adults surveyed by Forrester visiting the site at least monthly, the second-biggest and beyond should not be ignored.
Did you know, for instance, that Google Plus has as many adults using it in the U.S. as Twitter? Almost a quarter (22%) of respondents to Forrester's survey said they visit Google Plus at least once a month - the same number that visits Twitter monthly.
"That means you can build a real follower base on Google Plus: On average, top brands have collected 90% as many fans on Plus as on Twitter," says Nate Elliott, Forrester analyst and author of the report.
The good news for Google Plus continues with the finding that its followers are twice as engaged as Twitter followers.
So why does Twitter get all the attention? According to Elliot, Forrester analyst and author of the report, the media has altered perceptions in favor of Twitter.
"Put simply, Google Plus isn't the Facebook killer some hoped it would be," Elliott wrote in a blog post discussing the report 'The Case for Google Plus'. "But that doesn't mean marketers should ignore Plus. Far from it: I believe every marketer should use Google Plus."
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: CNP fraud to push $7b within 4 years
- Survey: Disconnect between brands, consumers about UGC
- 69% of consumers excited about experiencing virtual reality
- Consumers have already started back-to-school shopping
- How Facebook topic data is impacting social
- Advertising Roundup: Analytics and mobile engagement
- How reviews from gift-givers can help brands
- iPhone replaces iPad as ecommerce device of choice
Featured White Papers
- 6 SEO Predictions to Plan for in 2016
To succeed in 2016, marketers must pay heed to a number of critical SEO trends, including how they go about...
- How to Boost Reader Engagement 300%
Building an audience isn't just about quantity: it's also about quality. How can you increase the number of readers who...