News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Forrester report highlights why marketers should be using Google Plus
Google Plus isn't as deserted a destination as you might at first think. According to new research from Forrester the social network is actually a more effective marketing environment than Twitter and is a must for marketers.
While Facebook remains the dominant social network with 72% of the 61,000 US adults surveyed by Forrester visiting the site at least monthly, the second-biggest and beyond should not be ignored.
Did you know, for instance, that Google Plus has as many adults using it in the U.S. as Twitter? Almost a quarter (22%) of respondents to Forrester's survey said they visit Google Plus at least once a month - the same number that visits Twitter monthly.
"That means you can build a real follower base on Google Plus: On average, top brands have collected 90% as many fans on Plus as on Twitter," says Nate Elliott, Forrester analyst and author of the report.
The good news for Google Plus continues with the finding that its followers are twice as engaged as Twitter followers.
So why does Twitter get all the attention? According to Elliot, Forrester analyst and author of the report, the media has altered perceptions in favor of Twitter.
"Put simply, Google Plus isn't the Facebook killer some hoped it would be," Elliott wrote in a blog post discussing the report 'The Case for Google Plus'. "But that doesn't mean marketers should ignore Plus. Far from it: I believe every marketer should use Google Plus."
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...