News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
DMA (UK) poll reveals most 'marketing friendly' social network
A recent poll of social media marketers conducted by the Direct Marketing Association (DMA) has revealed which social platform marketers believe to be the most 'marketing friendly'.
The latest IAB figures show that UK social media marketing spend reached $988 million last year, a 71% YoY increase. To see which platform marketers favor the DMA has released its first-ever 'social media scorecard' for which 171 marketers in the UK were asked to rate social media platforms based on campaign planning, execution and post-campaign analysis.
Out of platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+ it was Facebook that came top in all three of those categories followed by LinkedIn and Twitter. However, Twitter was the preferred platform for building brand awareness and LinkedIn voted top for its user-targeting features.
"For now, Facebook is the most marketing friendly platform in terms of functionality and post-campaign analysis but it will be interesting to see how this will change over the next 12 months," said Lynsey Sweales, a member of the DMA Social Media Council and CEO of SocialB UK.
"Only a handful of the marketers who took part in the survey were using image and video-based platforms such as Pinterest, Instagram, Vimeo and Snapchat, which is why the results aren't included in the scorecard."
- Expert: Where retailers should focus this holiday season
- Top 3 tips to create stronger video content
- Forecast: Holidays could be a boon to retailers
- 'Password fatigue' drives social login use
- Millennial-led SMBs defining new world order for marketing
- Online payment fraud costing U.S. merchants billions
- Online ad viewability in UK remains below 50%
- Mobile banking logins outpacing desktop
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....