News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
DMA (UK) poll reveals most 'marketing friendly' social network
A recent poll of social media marketers conducted by the Direct Marketing Association (DMA) has revealed which social platform marketers believe to be the most 'marketing friendly'.
The latest IAB figures show that UK social media marketing spend reached $988 million last year, a 71% YoY increase. To see which platform marketers favor the DMA has released its first-ever 'social media scorecard' for which 171 marketers in the UK were asked to rate social media platforms based on campaign planning, execution and post-campaign analysis.
Out of platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+ it was Facebook that came top in all three of those categories followed by LinkedIn and Twitter. However, Twitter was the preferred platform for building brand awareness and LinkedIn voted top for its user-targeting features.
"For now, Facebook is the most marketing friendly platform in terms of functionality and post-campaign analysis but it will be interesting to see how this will change over the next 12 months," said Lynsey Sweales, a member of the DMA Social Media Council and CEO of SocialB UK.
"Only a handful of the marketers who took part in the survey were using image and video-based platforms such as Pinterest, Instagram, Vimeo and Snapchat, which is why the results aren't included in the scorecard."
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
- Top 4 investments to make in 2015
- Researchers use Yelp to predict a restaurant's chances of survival
- Are your employees stifling yawns during status meetings?
- Survey reveals the odd places consumers shop by mobile
- Marketers urged to lower ad viewability expectations
- 50% of consumers who want marketing comms prefer them via email
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...