News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
DMA (UK) poll reveals most 'marketing friendly' social network
A recent poll of social media marketers conducted by the Direct Marketing Association (DMA) has revealed which social platform marketers believe to be the most 'marketing friendly'.
The latest IAB figures show that UK social media marketing spend reached $988 million last year, a 71% YoY increase. To see which platform marketers favor the DMA has released its first-ever 'social media scorecard' for which 171 marketers in the UK were asked to rate social media platforms based on campaign planning, execution and post-campaign analysis.
Out of platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+ it was Facebook that came top in all three of those categories followed by LinkedIn and Twitter. However, Twitter was the preferred platform for building brand awareness and LinkedIn voted top for its user-targeting features.
"For now, Facebook is the most marketing friendly platform in terms of functionality and post-campaign analysis but it will be interesting to see how this will change over the next 12 months," said Lynsey Sweales, a member of the DMA Social Media Council and CEO of SocialB UK.
"Only a handful of the marketers who took part in the survey were using image and video-based platforms such as Pinterest, Instagram, Vimeo and Snapchat, which is why the results aren't included in the scorecard."
- Mobile Roundup: Mobile wallets upping the retail ante
- Report: US, UK users vulnerable because of passwords
- Study: Images linked to email success
- Millennial Media: Video increases engagement
- UK brands fail to improve customer service response rates
- 53% of marketers crave more customer data
- Mother's Day: Flowers a popular gift, but Mom wants tech
- UK: Online spending and deliveries break records
Featured White Papers
- Measure What Matters: Five Features to Enable Now On Google Analytics
Google Analytics is an excellent tool for gaining insights into user behavior and gathering data for site optimization. Unfortunately, in...
- A lot of what you know about email marketing could be wrong
There is a lot of email-marketing advice floating around out there. And, frankly, a lot of it is bad. Hunches...