News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
DMA (UK) poll reveals most 'marketing friendly' social network
A recent poll of social media marketers conducted by the Direct Marketing Association (DMA) has revealed which social platform marketers believe to be the most 'marketing friendly'.
The latest IAB figures show that UK social media marketing spend reached $988 million last year, a 71% YoY increase. To see which platform marketers favor the DMA has released its first-ever 'social media scorecard' for which 171 marketers in the UK were asked to rate social media platforms based on campaign planning, execution and post-campaign analysis.
Out of platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+ it was Facebook that came top in all three of those categories followed by LinkedIn and Twitter. However, Twitter was the preferred platform for building brand awareness and LinkedIn voted top for its user-targeting features.
"For now, Facebook is the most marketing friendly platform in terms of functionality and post-campaign analysis but it will be interesting to see how this will change over the next 12 months," said Lynsey Sweales, a member of the DMA Social Media Council and CEO of SocialB UK.
"Only a handful of the marketers who took part in the survey were using image and video-based platforms such as Pinterest, Instagram, Vimeo and Snapchat, which is why the results aren't included in the scorecard."
- Facebook increases push to ecommerce
- Do you really want 5-star product reviews?
- Survey: Half-million spent to recover from cyber attacks
- Ad Roundup: Trio of releases for small businesses
- Third of Brits struggling to cope with data overload
- U.S. mobile users spent 70 hours using apps in June this year
- 92% of top UK retailers use social media
- SMBs: What to look for in your next device
Featured White Papers
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...