News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
DMA (UK) poll reveals most 'marketing friendly' social network
A recent poll of social media marketers conducted by the Direct Marketing Association (DMA) has revealed which social platform marketers believe to be the most 'marketing friendly'.
The latest IAB figures show that UK social media marketing spend reached $988 million last year, a 71% YoY increase. To see which platform marketers favor the DMA has released its first-ever 'social media scorecard' for which 171 marketers in the UK were asked to rate social media platforms based on campaign planning, execution and post-campaign analysis.
Out of platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+ it was Facebook that came top in all three of those categories followed by LinkedIn and Twitter. However, Twitter was the preferred platform for building brand awareness and LinkedIn voted top for its user-targeting features.
"For now, Facebook is the most marketing friendly platform in terms of functionality and post-campaign analysis but it will be interesting to see how this will change over the next 12 months," said Lynsey Sweales, a member of the DMA Social Media Council and CEO of SocialB UK.
"Only a handful of the marketers who took part in the survey were using image and video-based platforms such as Pinterest, Instagram, Vimeo and Snapchat, which is why the results aren't included in the scorecard."
- Webrooming parents heading to physical stores for back-to-school purchases
- 43% of all traffic to travel websites now comes from mobile
- Survey: Gamers don't want interruptions
- Reports: Back to school stressing parents
- How to measure engagement to reach a deeper customer relationship
- Survey: Amazon influencing back to school shoppers
- Hilton gives guests greater control with significant app upgrade
- Top 3 tips for better channel optimization
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...