News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Consumer social sharing trends: Twitter surge
The latest ShareThis report shows that Twitter is the fastest growing in the world of social sharing.
In its latest (Q1 2014) Consumer Sharing Trends Report, ShareThis shows that Twitter is on the up with significant 43% growth. The social platform is currently the fastest growing channel ahead of Facebook, Pinterest and LinkedIn.
Twitter's growth in Q1 was significantly higher than in the final quarter of 2013 (15%) while Facebook's growth of 14% in Q1 2014 was drastically down on the 57% recorded for the final quarter of last year.
According to ShareThis, the Twitter surge was at least in part driven by the rise in sharing by mobile "which surpassed desktop sharing in Q1". Sharing via mobile devices grew 2.5 times faster than on desktop - 28% vs. 11%. In fact, mobile now accounts for the majority of social sharing actions - 52% vs. 48%
Meanwhile, Reddit appeared in the top growing channels for the first time in this latest report. As a result of 25% growth, compared to a decline of 11% in Q4 2013, it was the second-fastest growing channel.
Email was the only channel to see a social sharing decrease - down 25%.
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...