News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Consumer social sharing trends: Twitter surge
The latest ShareThis report shows that Twitter is the fastest growing in the world of social sharing.
In its latest (Q1 2014) Consumer Sharing Trends Report, ShareThis shows that Twitter is on the up with significant 43% growth. The social platform is currently the fastest growing channel ahead of Facebook, Pinterest and LinkedIn.
Twitter's growth in Q1 was significantly higher than in the final quarter of 2013 (15%) while Facebook's growth of 14% in Q1 2014 was drastically down on the 57% recorded for the final quarter of last year.
According to ShareThis, the Twitter surge was at least in part driven by the rise in sharing by mobile "which surpassed desktop sharing in Q1". Sharing via mobile devices grew 2.5 times faster than on desktop - 28% vs. 11%. In fact, mobile now accounts for the majority of social sharing actions - 52% vs. 48%
Meanwhile, Reddit appeared in the top growing channels for the first time in this latest report. As a result of 25% growth, compared to a decline of 11% in Q4 2013, it was the second-fastest growing channel.
Email was the only channel to see a social sharing decrease - down 25%.
- Top 3 tips to improve employee productivity
- Retailers: Why you need live online assistance for the 2014 holidays
- Top 3 tips to create better transactional email messages
- Facebook enables ad targeting by connection speed
- UK: Lousy public holiday weather drives take-out food search surge
- Release makes push notifications actionable
- Early results show skipping ads improves engagement
- Top 3 tips to better personalize online campaigns
Featured White Papers
- How to Maximize, Manage, and Measure Organic Search
Organic search delivers high-quality traffic and revenue with a high contribution margin. But organic search is hard, and it's getting...
- Ready, Set, Send: Marketing Automation and the Customer Lifecycle
Much like running a marathon, building a successful marketing program takes dedication, patience, training and a lot of stamina. These...