News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Consumer social sharing trends: Twitter surge
The latest ShareThis report shows that Twitter is the fastest growing in the world of social sharing.
In its latest (Q1 2014) Consumer Sharing Trends Report, ShareThis shows that Twitter is on the up with significant 43% growth. The social platform is currently the fastest growing channel ahead of Facebook, Pinterest and LinkedIn.
Twitter's growth in Q1 was significantly higher than in the final quarter of 2013 (15%) while Facebook's growth of 14% in Q1 2014 was drastically down on the 57% recorded for the final quarter of last year.
According to ShareThis, the Twitter surge was at least in part driven by the rise in sharing by mobile "which surpassed desktop sharing in Q1". Sharing via mobile devices grew 2.5 times faster than on desktop - 28% vs. 11%. In fact, mobile now accounts for the majority of social sharing actions - 52% vs. 48%
Meanwhile, Reddit appeared in the top growing channels for the first time in this latest report. As a result of 25% growth, compared to a decline of 11% in Q4 2013, it was the second-fastest growing channel.
Email was the only channel to see a social sharing decrease - down 25%.
- Forrester: Mobile social users more engaged, share more
- Top 3 tips for SMBs using webinars
- Air passengers demand constant connectivity and fast in-flight Wi-Fi
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
- Shareaholic: Quarter of website traffic driven by Facebook
- B2B firms struggling with content marketing
- Brands piggy-backing on major events not guaranteed success
- Expert: Why SMBs are pushing farther into digital
Featured White Papers
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...