News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Consumer social sharing trends: Twitter surge
The latest ShareThis report shows that Twitter is the fastest growing in the world of social sharing.
In its latest (Q1 2014) Consumer Sharing Trends Report, ShareThis shows that Twitter is on the up with significant 43% growth. The social platform is currently the fastest growing channel ahead of Facebook, Pinterest and LinkedIn.
Twitter's growth in Q1 was significantly higher than in the final quarter of 2013 (15%) while Facebook's growth of 14% in Q1 2014 was drastically down on the 57% recorded for the final quarter of last year.
According to ShareThis, the Twitter surge was at least in part driven by the rise in sharing by mobile "which surpassed desktop sharing in Q1". Sharing via mobile devices grew 2.5 times faster than on desktop - 28% vs. 11%. In fact, mobile now accounts for the majority of social sharing actions - 52% vs. 48%
Meanwhile, Reddit appeared in the top growing channels for the first time in this latest report. As a result of 25% growth, compared to a decline of 11% in Q4 2013, it was the second-fastest growing channel.
Email was the only channel to see a social sharing decrease - down 25%.
- Mobile 'click injection' fraud forecast to become prevalent in 2017
- Less than half of consumers satisfied with retail app experience
- Study: Order struggles a problem for B2B
- Ad Roundup: Solution expansions, investments
- Expert: Consent, Identity key for businesses
- UK ad viewability levels stagnate
- Supermarkets, technology brands' marketing campaigns most effective
- Ecommerce Roundup: Shipping, experience key to satisfaction
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...