News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Consumer social sharing trends: Twitter surge
The latest ShareThis report shows that Twitter is the fastest growing in the world of social sharing.
In its latest (Q1 2014) Consumer Sharing Trends Report, ShareThis shows that Twitter is on the up with significant 43% growth. The social platform is currently the fastest growing channel ahead of Facebook, Pinterest and LinkedIn.
Twitter's growth in Q1 was significantly higher than in the final quarter of 2013 (15%) while Facebook's growth of 14% in Q1 2014 was drastically down on the 57% recorded for the final quarter of last year.
According to ShareThis, the Twitter surge was at least in part driven by the rise in sharing by mobile "which surpassed desktop sharing in Q1". Sharing via mobile devices grew 2.5 times faster than on desktop - 28% vs. 11%. In fact, mobile now accounts for the majority of social sharing actions - 52% vs. 48%
Meanwhile, Reddit appeared in the top growing channels for the first time in this latest report. As a result of 25% growth, compared to a decline of 11% in Q4 2013, it was the second-fastest growing channel.
Email was the only channel to see a social sharing decrease - down 25%.
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...