News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore report compares desktop use versus mobile for social
If you need to better understand the role that mobile plays in social media, take a look at comScore's recent mobile-desktop comparison chart and you'll soon see how it is.
comScore's recent report "U.S. Digital Future in Focus 2014" highlights the increasing role mobile is playing in social media. Overall, people are using social media on their mobile devices more now than ever before, and there are more 'mobile-native' networks such as Vine, Instagram and Snapchat.
In fact, among the major social networks, only LinkedIn (35.5% desktop / 11.3% mobile / 8.2% multi-platform) and Tumblr (19.4% desktop / 14.4% mobile / 9.9% multi-platform ) continue to have more desktop-only users than mobile-only or multi-platform users.
Similarly, it was only on LinkedIn and Tumblr that users spent the majority of their time on the desktop sites. While the desktop-mobile share of time for Facebook users in December 2013 was 32% vs. 68%, Twitter 14% vs. 86% and Pinterest 8% vs. 92%, users of both LinkedIn and Tumblr spent more than half of their time - 74% and 54% respectively - using the desktop sites.
Meanwhile, more camera-centric social media sites, such as Vine, Instagram and Snapchat, had almost no desktop users at all with Snapchat registering zero.
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...