News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore report compares desktop use versus mobile for social
If you need to better understand the role that mobile plays in social media, take a look at comScore's recent mobile-desktop comparison chart and you'll soon see how it is.
comScore's recent report "U.S. Digital Future in Focus 2014" highlights the increasing role mobile is playing in social media. Overall, people are using social media on their mobile devices more now than ever before, and there are more 'mobile-native' networks such as Vine, Instagram and Snapchat.
In fact, among the major social networks, only LinkedIn (35.5% desktop / 11.3% mobile / 8.2% multi-platform) and Tumblr (19.4% desktop / 14.4% mobile / 9.9% multi-platform ) continue to have more desktop-only users than mobile-only or multi-platform users.
Similarly, it was only on LinkedIn and Tumblr that users spent the majority of their time on the desktop sites. While the desktop-mobile share of time for Facebook users in December 2013 was 32% vs. 68%, Twitter 14% vs. 86% and Pinterest 8% vs. 92%, users of both LinkedIn and Tumblr spent more than half of their time - 74% and 54% respectively - using the desktop sites.
Meanwhile, more camera-centric social media sites, such as Vine, Instagram and Snapchat, had almost no desktop users at all with Snapchat registering zero.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...