News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore report compares desktop use versus mobile for social
If you need to better understand the role that mobile plays in social media, take a look at comScore's recent mobile-desktop comparison chart and you'll soon see how it is.
comScore's recent report "U.S. Digital Future in Focus 2014" highlights the increasing role mobile is playing in social media. Overall, people are using social media on their mobile devices more now than ever before, and there are more 'mobile-native' networks such as Vine, Instagram and Snapchat.
In fact, among the major social networks, only LinkedIn (35.5% desktop / 11.3% mobile / 8.2% multi-platform) and Tumblr (19.4% desktop / 14.4% mobile / 9.9% multi-platform ) continue to have more desktop-only users than mobile-only or multi-platform users.
Similarly, it was only on LinkedIn and Tumblr that users spent the majority of their time on the desktop sites. While the desktop-mobile share of time for Facebook users in December 2013 was 32% vs. 68%, Twitter 14% vs. 86% and Pinterest 8% vs. 92%, users of both LinkedIn and Tumblr spent more than half of their time - 74% and 54% respectively - using the desktop sites.
Meanwhile, more camera-centric social media sites, such as Vine, Instagram and Snapchat, had almost no desktop users at all with Snapchat registering zero.
- UK: Online Christmas shopping to exceed £13 billion
- Top 3 retail tips to personalize across channels
- Expert Advice: Use in-store techniques to sell online
- Twitter helps agency campaigns take off with Flight School
- Top 3 tips to improve employee productivity
- Retailers: Why you need live online assistance for the 2014 holidays
- Top 3 tips to create better transactional email messages
- Facebook enables ad targeting by connection speed
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...
- How to Maximize, Manage, and Measure Organic Search
Organic search delivers high-quality traffic and revenue with a high contribution margin. But organic search is hard, and it's getting...