News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore report compares desktop use versus mobile for social
If you need to better understand the role that mobile plays in social media, take a look at comScore's recent mobile-desktop comparison chart and you'll soon see how it is.
comScore's recent report "U.S. Digital Future in Focus 2014" highlights the increasing role mobile is playing in social media. Overall, people are using social media on their mobile devices more now than ever before, and there are more 'mobile-native' networks such as Vine, Instagram and Snapchat.
In fact, among the major social networks, only LinkedIn (35.5% desktop / 11.3% mobile / 8.2% multi-platform) and Tumblr (19.4% desktop / 14.4% mobile / 9.9% multi-platform ) continue to have more desktop-only users than mobile-only or multi-platform users.
Similarly, it was only on LinkedIn and Tumblr that users spent the majority of their time on the desktop sites. While the desktop-mobile share of time for Facebook users in December 2013 was 32% vs. 68%, Twitter 14% vs. 86% and Pinterest 8% vs. 92%, users of both LinkedIn and Tumblr spent more than half of their time - 74% and 54% respectively - using the desktop sites.
Meanwhile, more camera-centric social media sites, such as Vine, Instagram and Snapchat, had almost no desktop users at all with Snapchat registering zero.
- Black Friday, Millennials, shopping, standing in line and... spiders
- Amazon strikes a pose with huge fashion photography studio in London
- How does $1-$3 per month sound for an ad-free Internet experience?
- Study: How mobiles are influencing moms
- Survey: SMBs drawing a line at Thanksgiving
- Is free enterprise search a game-changer?
- Expert: How mobile is changing customer relationships
- Prediction: Programmatic to push content marketing spend
Featured White Papers
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....