News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Community Q&A: Do you need it? And how to use it
Online retailers are constantly looking for better, more intimate ways to engage and communicate with their customers. One new trend is to offer up Q&A pages to answer some questions or offer product details, but is it right for your business?
Kristina: Why is community Q&A important for brands?
Udi Ledergor, Head of Marketing, Yotpo: One of the challenges of eCommcerce is that potential customers cannot see, touch and get a feel for a physical product. Community Q&A (AKA Social Q&A) tries to solve that problem by letting visitors ask questions about products, which can be answered by previous buyers or the store owner. This happens right on the product page in the store where questions and answers are posted for everyone in the community to see.
Kristina: What kind of information can be gleaned by using this format?
Udi: A good example we see a lot is in stores selling apparel or shoes--here, customers want to know "What is the fit like on this? Does it run big or small?" Previous buyers can offer great insight in this regard, "I ordered a size 8 and they are a little loose. But they fit perfectly with the special running socks I also got from this store." Other than the obvious benefits to the community of past and future shoppers, store owners also get honest feedback on their products, which is always an opportunity to reach out and thank customers for providing it, as well as correcting that which needs correction.
More from Udi and Yotpo, including his top tips to introduce community Q&A to brand shoppers.
- Brands: How Chat-As-A-Service can work for you
- Survey: Computers are the connection of choice for sports fans
- Expert: The link between returns and cart abandons
- Mobile Roundup: App releases focus on connection, analysis
- Amazon's latest delivery location - the trunk of your car
- How mobile will change in 2015
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships to deepen brands' reach
- Survey IDs SEO platforms most brand friendly
Featured White Papers
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...