News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Community Q&A: Do you need it? And how to use it
Online retailers are constantly looking for better, more intimate ways to engage and communicate with their customers. One new trend is to offer up Q&A pages to answer some questions or offer product details, but is it right for your business?
Kristina: Why is community Q&A important for brands?
Udi Ledergor, Head of Marketing, Yotpo: One of the challenges of eCommcerce is that potential customers cannot see, touch and get a feel for a physical product. Community Q&A (AKA Social Q&A) tries to solve that problem by letting visitors ask questions about products, which can be answered by previous buyers or the store owner. This happens right on the product page in the store where questions and answers are posted for everyone in the community to see.
Kristina: What kind of information can be gleaned by using this format?
Udi: A good example we see a lot is in stores selling apparel or shoes--here, customers want to know "What is the fit like on this? Does it run big or small?" Previous buyers can offer great insight in this regard, "I ordered a size 8 and they are a little loose. But they fit perfectly with the special running socks I also got from this store." Other than the obvious benefits to the community of past and future shoppers, store owners also get honest feedback on their products, which is always an opportunity to reach out and thank customers for providing it, as well as correcting that which needs correction.
More from Udi and Yotpo, including his top tips to introduce community Q&A to brand shoppers.
- Ad Roundup: Platforms for sales, ecommerce
- Top 3 tips to get more from email on Valentine's campaigns
- Platform promises to connect marketers, consumers
- Mobile app shoppers generate more revenue than mobile website and desktop shoppers
- Mums turn to Facebook for recommendations and parenting communities
- Forecast: App economy to surpass $100b by 2020
- Report: Retail, tech lead for mobile video
- Report: Pressure is on for security pros
Featured White Papers
- Consumers Tell All, Part 1: Online Shopping Frequency
This report looks at how frequently online shoppers are making purchases....
- The Ultimate Guide to Website Personalization
There is a wealth of methods to put your company's data to work; by far, personalization is one of the...