News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Community Q&A: Do you need it? And how to use it
Online retailers are constantly looking for better, more intimate ways to engage and communicate with their customers. One new trend is to offer up Q&A pages to answer some questions or offer product details, but is it right for your business?
Kristina: Why is community Q&A important for brands?
Udi Ledergor, Head of Marketing, Yotpo: One of the challenges of eCommcerce is that potential customers cannot see, touch and get a feel for a physical product. Community Q&A (AKA Social Q&A) tries to solve that problem by letting visitors ask questions about products, which can be answered by previous buyers or the store owner. This happens right on the product page in the store where questions and answers are posted for everyone in the community to see.
Kristina: What kind of information can be gleaned by using this format?
Udi: A good example we see a lot is in stores selling apparel or shoes--here, customers want to know "What is the fit like on this? Does it run big or small?" Previous buyers can offer great insight in this regard, "I ordered a size 8 and they are a little loose. But they fit perfectly with the special running socks I also got from this store." Other than the obvious benefits to the community of past and future shoppers, store owners also get honest feedback on their products, which is always an opportunity to reach out and thank customers for providing it, as well as correcting that which needs correction.
More from Udi and Yotpo, including his top tips to introduce community Q&A to brand shoppers.
- In-store pricing versus online: Getting the price right at the right time
- Investment in the online shopping experience paying dividends for retailers
- Survey: Mobile a sore spot for luxury brands
- Study: Switching economy could cost US brands $1 trillion
- Does your business send packages? USPS postal rates change
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
Featured White Papers
- The High Cost of Free: Does Online Video Quality Influence Consumer Perception of your Brand?
6 Billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube .... That's almost 1 hour for every person on...