News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Community Q&A: Do you need it? And how to use it
Online retailers are constantly looking for better, more intimate ways to engage and communicate with their customers. One new trend is to offer up Q&A pages to answer some questions or offer product details, but is it right for your business?
Kristina: Why is community Q&A important for brands?
Udi Ledergor, Head of Marketing, Yotpo: One of the challenges of eCommcerce is that potential customers cannot see, touch and get a feel for a physical product. Community Q&A (AKA Social Q&A) tries to solve that problem by letting visitors ask questions about products, which can be answered by previous buyers or the store owner. This happens right on the product page in the store where questions and answers are posted for everyone in the community to see.
Kristina: What kind of information can be gleaned by using this format?
Udi: A good example we see a lot is in stores selling apparel or shoes--here, customers want to know "What is the fit like on this? Does it run big or small?" Previous buyers can offer great insight in this regard, "I ordered a size 8 and they are a little loose. But they fit perfectly with the special running socks I also got from this store." Other than the obvious benefits to the community of past and future shoppers, store owners also get honest feedback on their products, which is always an opportunity to reach out and thank customers for providing it, as well as correcting that which needs correction.
More from Udi and Yotpo, including his top tips to introduce community Q&A to brand shoppers.
- Six ways to increase the performance of your Pinterest Pins
- Personalization key to becoming a 'Best Friend Brand'
- Young mobile users annoyed by ads in apps
- Top 3 tips to harness dark social data
- Report: M:Commerce share up one-third
- Consumer engagement with mobile ads on the rise
- Android dominates smartphone market
- How to tell if social is right for your brand
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...