News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Community Q&A: Do you need it? And how to use it
Online retailers are constantly looking for better, more intimate ways to engage and communicate with their customers. One new trend is to offer up Q&A pages to answer some questions or offer product details, but is it right for your business?
Kristina: Why is community Q&A important for brands?
Udi Ledergor, Head of Marketing, Yotpo: One of the challenges of eCommcerce is that potential customers cannot see, touch and get a feel for a physical product. Community Q&A (AKA Social Q&A) tries to solve that problem by letting visitors ask questions about products, which can be answered by previous buyers or the store owner. This happens right on the product page in the store where questions and answers are posted for everyone in the community to see.
Kristina: What kind of information can be gleaned by using this format?
Udi: A good example we see a lot is in stores selling apparel or shoes--here, customers want to know "What is the fit like on this? Does it run big or small?" Previous buyers can offer great insight in this regard, "I ordered a size 8 and they are a little loose. But they fit perfectly with the special running socks I also got from this store." Other than the obvious benefits to the community of past and future shoppers, store owners also get honest feedback on their products, which is always an opportunity to reach out and thank customers for providing it, as well as correcting that which needs correction.
More from Udi and Yotpo, including his top tips to introduce community Q&A to brand shoppers.
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...