News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
CMOs urged to go beyond the point of purchase
Businesses that keep their sights firmly fixed on customer acquisition are failing to acknowledge the importance of communicating with customers after they have made a purchase.
When ACCENT Marketing Services surveyed more than 1,000 consumers across the U.S. to find out their preferences when communicating with brands, they found that personalized communications after a purchase were of significant importance.
Why? Because nearly half of survey respondents said that they engaged with brands after they had made a purchase with nearly nine out of ten saying that, at this post-purchase moment, it was important to have a positive experience.
According to David Norton, EVP Customer Analytics and Insights at MDC Partners and Chairman ACCENT Marketing Service, while CMOs have previously focused on acquisition they are now spending time trying to "understand and engage" consumers across their lifecycle - from acquisition to retention.
ACCENT Marketing believe their findings, found in their report 'Beyond the Point of Purchase', "align with analyst expectations that organizations will explore the power of proactive pre-purchase and post-purchase engagements as a major marketing trend in 2014".
Image via Shutterstock
- Video Roundup: New formats mean new opportunities
- Top 3 tips for chatbot, CSE integrations
- Email trends to watch for 2017
- 'Beacosystem' driving billions of dollars in sales
- Facebook trumps YouTube for Christmas TV ad discovery
- Report: Customers are mobile, retailers are not
- Forecasts: Programmatic, Native on the up
- Top 4 tips to a strong subscription strategy
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...