News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
CMOs urged to go beyond the point of purchase
Businesses that keep their sights firmly fixed on customer acquisition are failing to acknowledge the importance of communicating with customers after they have made a purchase.
When ACCENT Marketing Services surveyed more than 1,000 consumers across the U.S. to find out their preferences when communicating with brands, they found that personalized communications after a purchase were of significant importance.
Why? Because nearly half of survey respondents said that they engaged with brands after they had made a purchase with nearly nine out of ten saying that, at this post-purchase moment, it was important to have a positive experience.
According to David Norton, EVP Customer Analytics and Insights at MDC Partners and Chairman ACCENT Marketing Service, while CMOs have previously focused on acquisition they are now spending time trying to "understand and engage" consumers across their lifecycle - from acquisition to retention.
ACCENT Marketing believe their findings, found in their report 'Beyond the Point of Purchase', "align with analyst expectations that organizations will explore the power of proactive pre-purchase and post-purchase engagements as a major marketing trend in 2014".
Image via Shutterstock
- Brands: How Chat-As-A-Service can work for you
- Survey: Computers are the connection of choice for sports fans
- Expert: The link between returns and cart abandons
- Mobile Roundup: App releases focus on connection, analysis
- Amazon's latest delivery location - the trunk of your car
- How mobile will change in 2015
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships to deepen brands' reach
- Survey IDs SEO platforms most brand friendly
Featured White Papers
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...