News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Campaigner: Top 3 ways to make email more relevant
Email marketing isn't going anywhere, at least according to a forecast from Global Industry Analysts which predicts the global email market will surpass the $15 billion mark by 2017. However, there are problems with thinking about email the same way brands thought of it in the 1990s or even in 2010. Campaigner's experts weigh in with their top tips to improve email performance.
First, stop thinking of email marketing as 'dead' because it remains one of the most-visited areas on the Internet. People are attached to email from the time they wake, through the working hours and until they go to sleep, and mobile devices make that connection easy. Campaigner's experts suggest marketers begin thinking of email as a revenue component of an overall marketing strategy.
Second, don't just send emails at 10AM on Mondays and don't use the same frequency for messaging for every shopper on your list.
"Use Email Service Provider analytics to determine optimal timing and preference for a specific audience, which may be different from those of the broader industry," writes Campaigner's experts. " Allow customers to guide email communication frequency by analyzing their actions. Reach out more frequently to those with high interaction rates and give the others some space."
Third, get personal to boost loyalty. Study after study the past few years have shown that personalization increases customer engagement. Email offers a lot of personalization because of the rich data brands can ask for when shoppers create profiles. Use that data, along with shopping behaviors, past-buys and website visits to create hyper-personalized messaging that will boost loyalty.
Image via Shutterstock
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...