News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Campaigner: Top 3 ways to make email more relevant
Email marketing isn't going anywhere, at least according to a forecast from Global Industry Analysts which predicts the global email market will surpass the $15 billion mark by 2017. However, there are problems with thinking about email the same way brands thought of it in the 1990s or even in 2010. Campaigner's experts weigh in with their top tips to improve email performance.
First, stop thinking of email marketing as 'dead' because it remains one of the most-visited areas on the Internet. People are attached to email from the time they wake, through the working hours and until they go to sleep, and mobile devices make that connection easy. Campaigner's experts suggest marketers begin thinking of email as a revenue component of an overall marketing strategy.
Second, don't just send emails at 10AM on Mondays and don't use the same frequency for messaging for every shopper on your list.
"Use Email Service Provider analytics to determine optimal timing and preference for a specific audience, which may be different from those of the broader industry," writes Campaigner's experts. " Allow customers to guide email communication frequency by analyzing their actions. Reach out more frequently to those with high interaction rates and give the others some space."
Third, get personal to boost loyalty. Study after study the past few years have shown that personalization increases customer engagement. Email offers a lot of personalization because of the rich data brands can ask for when shoppers create profiles. Use that data, along with shopping behaviors, past-buys and website visits to create hyper-personalized messaging that will boost loyalty.
Image via Shutterstock
- Consumer engagement with mobile ads on the rise
- Android dominates smartphone market
- How to tell if social is right for your brand
- Ecomm Roundup: Faster checkouts and better personalization
- Top 3 tips to use data better this holiday season
- Microbusinesses dipping into personal savings
- British consumers will give up more personal data for discounts, free delivery
- How dark social can impact brand
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...