News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Campaigner: Top 3 ways to make email more relevant
Email marketing isn't going anywhere, at least according to a forecast from Global Industry Analysts which predicts the global email market will surpass the $15 billion mark by 2017. However, there are problems with thinking about email the same way brands thought of it in the 1990s or even in 2010. Campaigner's experts weigh in with their top tips to improve email performance.
First, stop thinking of email marketing as 'dead' because it remains one of the most-visited areas on the Internet. People are attached to email from the time they wake, through the working hours and until they go to sleep, and mobile devices make that connection easy. Campaigner's experts suggest marketers begin thinking of email as a revenue component of an overall marketing strategy.
Second, don't just send emails at 10AM on Mondays and don't use the same frequency for messaging for every shopper on your list.
"Use Email Service Provider analytics to determine optimal timing and preference for a specific audience, which may be different from those of the broader industry," writes Campaigner's experts. " Allow customers to guide email communication frequency by analyzing their actions. Reach out more frequently to those with high interaction rates and give the others some space."
Third, get personal to boost loyalty. Study after study the past few years have shown that personalization increases customer engagement. Email offers a lot of personalization because of the rich data brands can ask for when shoppers create profiles. Use that data, along with shopping behaviors, past-buys and website visits to create hyper-personalized messaging that will boost loyalty.
Image via Shutterstock
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
- European Commission forces Google, Apple to make users aware of 'true cost' of an app
- Top 3 tips to improve seasonal marketing plans
- Research: Social media users less likely to post positively about their favorite products
- Twitter preps for new generation of commerce experiences
- iBeacon firm offers free hardware and installation to UK retailers
- Swrve: Report reveals one third of apps get only one minute of attention
- Facebook trials 'Buy' button within advertisers' posts and ads
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...