News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Campaigner: Top 3 ways to make email more relevant
Email marketing isn't going anywhere, at least according to a forecast from Global Industry Analysts which predicts the global email market will surpass the $15 billion mark by 2017. However, there are problems with thinking about email the same way brands thought of it in the 1990s or even in 2010. Campaigner's experts weigh in with their top tips to improve email performance.
First, stop thinking of email marketing as 'dead' because it remains one of the most-visited areas on the Internet. People are attached to email from the time they wake, through the working hours and until they go to sleep, and mobile devices make that connection easy. Campaigner's experts suggest marketers begin thinking of email as a revenue component of an overall marketing strategy.
Second, don't just send emails at 10AM on Mondays and don't use the same frequency for messaging for every shopper on your list.
"Use Email Service Provider analytics to determine optimal timing and preference for a specific audience, which may be different from those of the broader industry," writes Campaigner's experts. " Allow customers to guide email communication frequency by analyzing their actions. Reach out more frequently to those with high interaction rates and give the others some space."
Third, get personal to boost loyalty. Study after study the past few years have shown that personalization increases customer engagement. Email offers a lot of personalization because of the rich data brands can ask for when shoppers create profiles. Use that data, along with shopping behaviors, past-buys and website visits to create hyper-personalized messaging that will boost loyalty.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 tips to ensure content is global-ready
- Survey: SMBs missing out by not being online
- Report: State of mobile travel
- PayPal wants users to eat their (pass)words
- 'Visually wired' disposition behind massive rise in infographic use
- Half of British consumers believe drone deliveries will never happen
- Social Roundup: How brands are engaging in social
- Targeted ads give Internet users the creeps
Featured White Papers
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...