News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Campaigner: Top 3 ways to make email more relevant
Email marketing isn't going anywhere, at least according to a forecast from Global Industry Analysts which predicts the global email market will surpass the $15 billion mark by 2017. However, there are problems with thinking about email the same way brands thought of it in the 1990s or even in 2010. Campaigner's experts weigh in with their top tips to improve email performance.
First, stop thinking of email marketing as 'dead' because it remains one of the most-visited areas on the Internet. People are attached to email from the time they wake, through the working hours and until they go to sleep, and mobile devices make that connection easy. Campaigner's experts suggest marketers begin thinking of email as a revenue component of an overall marketing strategy.
Second, don't just send emails at 10AM on Mondays and don't use the same frequency for messaging for every shopper on your list.
"Use Email Service Provider analytics to determine optimal timing and preference for a specific audience, which may be different from those of the broader industry," writes Campaigner's experts. " Allow customers to guide email communication frequency by analyzing their actions. Reach out more frequently to those with high interaction rates and give the others some space."
Third, get personal to boost loyalty. Study after study the past few years have shown that personalization increases customer engagement. Email offers a lot of personalization because of the rich data brands can ask for when shoppers create profiles. Use that data, along with shopping behaviors, past-buys and website visits to create hyper-personalized messaging that will boost loyalty.
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...