News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brands: Why you need converting and non-converting data
Some experts point to conversion data as the most important for etailers. The problem with this kind of thinking is that each consumer follows a different path to purchase, and while Customer A may convert soon after seeing an ad, Customer B may need to see multiple ads or even engage with a brand on social media prior to purchase.
Kristina: Why should brands look at the data from both converting and non-converting paths to purchase?
Josh Manion, CEO, Ensighten: In marketing it is critical to understand what marketing tactics and levers work as well as which don't work, especially when it's time to decide where you should spend that next $1 to drive more business. That is why the analytics community is focused on techniques like pathing and attribution. As marketing becomes more data-driven, the efficiency of spend and the optimization of marketing campaigns and promotions become more important.
Kristina: What kind of data can be gleaned from those non-converting paths?
Josh: Dissecting each marketing activity and isolating what generates engagement and ultimately influences and drives business allows all the groups that contribute to the final marketing product to tweak and fine tune their contribution. From the analytics and segmentation, to the message and offer, understanding what triggered a response and a success allows marketers to refine their programs. This will result in stronger campaign performance and more business over time.
More from Josh and Ensighten later this week, including why brands need to take another look at viewability.
Image via Shutterstock
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...