News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brands: Why you need converting and non-converting data
Some experts point to conversion data as the most important for etailers. The problem with this kind of thinking is that each consumer follows a different path to purchase, and while Customer A may convert soon after seeing an ad, Customer B may need to see multiple ads or even engage with a brand on social media prior to purchase.
Kristina: Why should brands look at the data from both converting and non-converting paths to purchase?
Josh Manion, CEO, Ensighten: In marketing it is critical to understand what marketing tactics and levers work as well as which don't work, especially when it's time to decide where you should spend that next $1 to drive more business. That is why the analytics community is focused on techniques like pathing and attribution. As marketing becomes more data-driven, the efficiency of spend and the optimization of marketing campaigns and promotions become more important.
Kristina: What kind of data can be gleaned from those non-converting paths?
Josh: Dissecting each marketing activity and isolating what generates engagement and ultimately influences and drives business allows all the groups that contribute to the final marketing product to tweak and fine tune their contribution. From the analytics and segmentation, to the message and offer, understanding what triggered a response and a success allows marketers to refine their programs. This will result in stronger campaign performance and more business over time.
More from Josh and Ensighten later this week, including why brands need to take another look at viewability.
Image via Shutterstock
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
- Adobe: More online TV watched on smartphones than tablets
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...