News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brands: How paperless billing can save your money
Consumers are going paperless, paying more bills online, and many businesses are following suit - by billing paperlessly. Still some businesses are holding back. Why should businesses make the transition now, and what is the best way to do it? One expert weighs in.
"Businesses should shift towards paperless payments for many reasons. Businesses should not be reliant on the USPS for receiving payments. There is already too much going on with the USPS from rising rates, closing of postal locations, lost mail, delays due to disasters or vandalism etc. Just as important, the cost to a business to apply a paper check payment is significant. They struggle with keying it in, getting the payment deposited in a timely manner and applying the payment to a specific invoice," said Mitch Rose, Vice President, BillTrust.
According to Rose there is a strong uptick in the number of businesses who are implementing paperless billing options - both to save money and to help the environment by using less paper. How can brands make sure the transition between paper billing and paperless is smooth?
Step one in the process: Set a goal. Businesses should have a time table of when their system will be paperless. Set goals between today and the deadline, as well, to go over progress, look into problems and test the strategy.
Second, communicate the change to customers. Don't just tell the customer the business is switching to paperless, tell them why. Explain how the system will be a benefit to the customer and show the customer how it will work.
Image via Shutterstock
- Air passengers demand constant connectivity and fast in-flight Wi-Fi
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
- Shareaholic: Quarter of website traffic driven by Facebook
- B2B firms struggling with content marketing
- Brands piggy-backing on major events not guaranteed success
- Expert: Why SMBs are pushing farther into digital
- Top 3 challenges facing retailers and how to solve them
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
Featured White Papers
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...