News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brands: How paperless billing can save your money
Consumers are going paperless, paying more bills online, and many businesses are following suit - by billing paperlessly. Still some businesses are holding back. Why should businesses make the transition now, and what is the best way to do it? One expert weighs in.
"Businesses should shift towards paperless payments for many reasons. Businesses should not be reliant on the USPS for receiving payments. There is already too much going on with the USPS from rising rates, closing of postal locations, lost mail, delays due to disasters or vandalism etc. Just as important, the cost to a business to apply a paper check payment is significant. They struggle with keying it in, getting the payment deposited in a timely manner and applying the payment to a specific invoice," said Mitch Rose, Vice President, BillTrust.
According to Rose there is a strong uptick in the number of businesses who are implementing paperless billing options - both to save money and to help the environment by using less paper. How can brands make sure the transition between paper billing and paperless is smooth?
Step one in the process: Set a goal. Businesses should have a time table of when their system will be paperless. Set goals between today and the deadline, as well, to go over progress, look into problems and test the strategy.
Second, communicate the change to customers. Don't just tell the customer the business is switching to paperless, tell them why. Explain how the system will be a benefit to the customer and show the customer how it will work.
Image via Shutterstock
- Reports: Brands are winning back to school
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
- Expert: How to turn data-rich into data-action
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...