News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brands: How paperless billing can save your money
Consumers are going paperless, paying more bills online, and many businesses are following suit - by billing paperlessly. Still some businesses are holding back. Why should businesses make the transition now, and what is the best way to do it? One expert weighs in.
"Businesses should shift towards paperless payments for many reasons. Businesses should not be reliant on the USPS for receiving payments. There is already too much going on with the USPS from rising rates, closing of postal locations, lost mail, delays due to disasters or vandalism etc. Just as important, the cost to a business to apply a paper check payment is significant. They struggle with keying it in, getting the payment deposited in a timely manner and applying the payment to a specific invoice," said Mitch Rose, Vice President, BillTrust.
According to Rose there is a strong uptick in the number of businesses who are implementing paperless billing options - both to save money and to help the environment by using less paper. How can brands make sure the transition between paper billing and paperless is smooth?
Step one in the process: Set a goal. Businesses should have a time table of when their system will be paperless. Set goals between today and the deadline, as well, to go over progress, look into problems and test the strategy.
Second, communicate the change to customers. Don't just tell the customer the business is switching to paperless, tell them why. Explain how the system will be a benefit to the customer and show the customer how it will work.
Image via Shutterstock
- Mobile Roundup: Mobile wallets upping the retail ante
- Report: US, UK users vulnerable because of passwords
- Study: Images linked to email success
- Millennial Media: Video increases engagement
- UK brands fail to improve customer service response rates
- 53% of marketers crave more customer data
- Mother's Day: Flowers a popular gift, but Mom wants tech
- UK: Online spending and deliveries break records
Featured White Papers
- Measure What Matters: Five Features to Enable Now On Google Analytics
Google Analytics is an excellent tool for gaining insights into user behavior and gathering data for site optimization. Unfortunately, in...
- A lot of what you know about email marketing could be wrong
There is a lot of email-marketing advice floating around out there. And, frankly, a lot of it is bad. Hunches...