News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brands: How paperless billing can save your money
Consumers are going paperless, paying more bills online, and many businesses are following suit - by billing paperlessly. Still some businesses are holding back. Why should businesses make the transition now, and what is the best way to do it? One expert weighs in.
"Businesses should shift towards paperless payments for many reasons. Businesses should not be reliant on the USPS for receiving payments. There is already too much going on with the USPS from rising rates, closing of postal locations, lost mail, delays due to disasters or vandalism etc. Just as important, the cost to a business to apply a paper check payment is significant. They struggle with keying it in, getting the payment deposited in a timely manner and applying the payment to a specific invoice," said Mitch Rose, Vice President, BillTrust.
According to Rose there is a strong uptick in the number of businesses who are implementing paperless billing options - both to save money and to help the environment by using less paper. How can brands make sure the transition between paper billing and paperless is smooth?
Step one in the process: Set a goal. Businesses should have a time table of when their system will be paperless. Set goals between today and the deadline, as well, to go over progress, look into problems and test the strategy.
Second, communicate the change to customers. Don't just tell the customer the business is switching to paperless, tell them why. Explain how the system will be a benefit to the customer and show the customer how it will work.
Image via Shutterstock
- Reports: Strong start to holiday season
- Expert: What will drive mobile in 2016
- More than half of consumers would pay for better customer care from preferred brands
- UK mobile email open rates at highest ever but conversions in decline
- More than three-quarters of all Black Friday mobile orders made on an Apple device
- Brands: How to better use reviews for your business
- How to keep customers loyal through the holidays
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...