News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brands: How mobile wallets can improve loyalty programs
Mobile technology gives customers the power to choose how and when to interact and transact with brands, a trend that shows no signs of slowing down. It is also giving brands the ability to maintain an engaged customer base, especially for loyalty programs.
Kristina: Do brands need to broaden their loyalty programs to be accessible in both the online and mobile spaces?
Christopher Barnard, Points President: Loyalty programs can widen their distribution using online, offline, and mobile environments, including brick-and-mortar stores, websites, tablets, and social media. When programs distribute information as well as transactional capabilities everywhere they can, members are able to interact with their programs whenever and wherever they want -- opportunities an increasingly mobile-savvy member base is starting to demand. By confining interaction to its own channels, a loyalty program misses out on countless opportunities to connect with and engage its members.
Kristina: How can mobile wallets simplify this crossover?
Christopher: Mobile wallets leverage the power and popularity of mobile technology to make purchasing easier and more convenient. Even better, they're a natural ally of loyalty programs, allowing program members to have all their loyalty information consolidated and at their fingertips at all times. Mobile wallets are at the threshold of becoming mainstream, and loyalty programs could be that final push. Points' research indicates that 78% of consumers surveyed would be more likely to make a purchase if offered points or miles, and 73% wish there were more ways to earn points and miles in their favorite programs.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...