News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brands: How mobile wallets can improve loyalty programs
Mobile technology gives customers the power to choose how and when to interact and transact with brands, a trend that shows no signs of slowing down. It is also giving brands the ability to maintain an engaged customer base, especially for loyalty programs.
Kristina: Do brands need to broaden their loyalty programs to be accessible in both the online and mobile spaces?
Christopher Barnard, Points President: Loyalty programs can widen their distribution using online, offline, and mobile environments, including brick-and-mortar stores, websites, tablets, and social media. When programs distribute information as well as transactional capabilities everywhere they can, members are able to interact with their programs whenever and wherever they want -- opportunities an increasingly mobile-savvy member base is starting to demand. By confining interaction to its own channels, a loyalty program misses out on countless opportunities to connect with and engage its members.
Kristina: How can mobile wallets simplify this crossover?
Christopher: Mobile wallets leverage the power and popularity of mobile technology to make purchasing easier and more convenient. Even better, they're a natural ally of loyalty programs, allowing program members to have all their loyalty information consolidated and at their fingertips at all times. Mobile wallets are at the threshold of becoming mainstream, and loyalty programs could be that final push. Points' research indicates that 78% of consumers surveyed would be more likely to make a purchase if offered points or miles, and 73% wish there were more ways to earn points and miles in their favorite programs.
Image via Shutterstock
- Videos best for Facebook reach, but don't ditch the photos
- Mother's Day: Flowers a popular gift, but Mom wants tech
- UK: Online spending and deliveries break records
- Study: Nearly one-third say they 'don't do enough' to internationalize their business
- Millennials say the right content drives brand loyalty
- Consumers not impressed by engagement of branded apps
- Online shoppers excited about possibility of drone deliveries
- Colors affect sharing behavior on Pinterest
Featured White Papers
- Measure What Matters: Five Features to Enable Now On Google Analytics
Google Analytics is an excellent tool for gaining insights into user behavior and gathering data for site optimization. Unfortunately, in...
- A lot of what you know about email marketing could be wrong
There is a lot of email-marketing advice floating around out there. And, frankly, a lot of it is bad. Hunches...