News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brands: How mobile wallets can improve loyalty programs
Mobile technology gives customers the power to choose how and when to interact and transact with brands, a trend that shows no signs of slowing down. It is also giving brands the ability to maintain an engaged customer base, especially for loyalty programs.
Kristina: Do brands need to broaden their loyalty programs to be accessible in both the online and mobile spaces?
Christopher Barnard, Points President: Loyalty programs can widen their distribution using online, offline, and mobile environments, including brick-and-mortar stores, websites, tablets, and social media. When programs distribute information as well as transactional capabilities everywhere they can, members are able to interact with their programs whenever and wherever they want -- opportunities an increasingly mobile-savvy member base is starting to demand. By confining interaction to its own channels, a loyalty program misses out on countless opportunities to connect with and engage its members.
Kristina: How can mobile wallets simplify this crossover?
Christopher: Mobile wallets leverage the power and popularity of mobile technology to make purchasing easier and more convenient. Even better, they're a natural ally of loyalty programs, allowing program members to have all their loyalty information consolidated and at their fingertips at all times. Mobile wallets are at the threshold of becoming mainstream, and loyalty programs could be that final push. Points' research indicates that 78% of consumers surveyed would be more likely to make a purchase if offered points or miles, and 73% wish there were more ways to earn points and miles in their favorite programs.
Image via Shutterstock
- More than three-quarters of all Black Friday mobile orders made on an Apple device
- Brands: How to better use reviews for your business
- How to keep customers loyal through the holidays
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
- Consumers expect shopping experience to be revolutionized by wearable tech
- Highest online parcel volume recorded in October 2015
- How to convince wary app users to share location data
- How to protect against fake reviews
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...