News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brands: How mobile wallets can improve loyalty programs
Mobile technology gives customers the power to choose how and when to interact and transact with brands, a trend that shows no signs of slowing down. It is also giving brands the ability to maintain an engaged customer base, especially for loyalty programs.
Kristina: Do brands need to broaden their loyalty programs to be accessible in both the online and mobile spaces?
Christopher Barnard, Points President: Loyalty programs can widen their distribution using online, offline, and mobile environments, including brick-and-mortar stores, websites, tablets, and social media. When programs distribute information as well as transactional capabilities everywhere they can, members are able to interact with their programs whenever and wherever they want -- opportunities an increasingly mobile-savvy member base is starting to demand. By confining interaction to its own channels, a loyalty program misses out on countless opportunities to connect with and engage its members.
Kristina: How can mobile wallets simplify this crossover?
Christopher: Mobile wallets leverage the power and popularity of mobile technology to make purchasing easier and more convenient. Even better, they're a natural ally of loyalty programs, allowing program members to have all their loyalty information consolidated and at their fingertips at all times. Mobile wallets are at the threshold of becoming mainstream, and loyalty programs could be that final push. Points' research indicates that 78% of consumers surveyed would be more likely to make a purchase if offered points or miles, and 73% wish there were more ways to earn points and miles in their favorite programs.
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey: Gamers don't want interruptions
- Reports: Back to school stressing parents
- How to measure engagement to reach a deeper customer relationship
- Survey: Amazon influencing back to school shoppers
- Hilton gives guests greater control with significant app upgrade
- Top 3 tips for better channel optimization
- Study: Sales, marketing disconnect resulting in bad customer experience
- UK businesses failing to consistently and effectively employ social for customer support
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...