News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brands: How mobile wallets can improve loyalty programs
Mobile technology gives customers the power to choose how and when to interact and transact with brands, a trend that shows no signs of slowing down. It is also giving brands the ability to maintain an engaged customer base, especially for loyalty programs.
Kristina: Do brands need to broaden their loyalty programs to be accessible in both the online and mobile spaces?
Christopher Barnard, Points President: Loyalty programs can widen their distribution using online, offline, and mobile environments, including brick-and-mortar stores, websites, tablets, and social media. When programs distribute information as well as transactional capabilities everywhere they can, members are able to interact with their programs whenever and wherever they want -- opportunities an increasingly mobile-savvy member base is starting to demand. By confining interaction to its own channels, a loyalty program misses out on countless opportunities to connect with and engage its members.
Kristina: How can mobile wallets simplify this crossover?
Christopher: Mobile wallets leverage the power and popularity of mobile technology to make purchasing easier and more convenient. Even better, they're a natural ally of loyalty programs, allowing program members to have all their loyalty information consolidated and at their fingertips at all times. Mobile wallets are at the threshold of becoming mainstream, and loyalty programs could be that final push. Points' research indicates that 78% of consumers surveyed would be more likely to make a purchase if offered points or miles, and 73% wish there were more ways to earn points and miles in their favorite programs.
Image via Shutterstock
- Brands: How to ensure rogue apps aren't damaging to you
- Top tips to drive purchases
- Brands: How to protect yourself in the app space
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
Featured White Papers
- 4 Simple Strategies to Find Time for Creative Work
As marketers, we know our best work is fueled by time to think, brainstorm and explore different directions. But in...
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....