News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
AppFlood: East winning mobile traffic, West winning mobile spend
Mobile brands who are looking to increase their revenue might want to take the global West into consideration. That, because while the global East - China, Asia/Pacific and Africa - are sending the most traffic (56%) to AppFlood properties, the bulk of revenue (47%) continues to come from the global West - North America and Western Europe.
The AppFlood data shows the global mobile ad spend increased 62% between Q3 2013 and Q1 2014. The Middle East is slightly outpacing the rest of the world with a 62.4% increase is mobile ad spending
"Our data shows that amid mobile ad spend growing 62% quarter-over-quarter, the attention that's long been on western advertisers is shifting to Chinese advertisers with massive ad budgets," said Si Shen, co-founder and CEO of Papaya Mobile. "These Chinese advertisers are globally distributing mobile ad spend evenly across regions, which is changing the paradigm by fueling the rapid growth of the eastern app economy."
Some interesting takeaways from the report include:
• On AppFlood, the East represents only about 33% of mobile ad spending
• Mobile traffic increased 45% between Q3 2013 and Q1 2014
• 23% of app installs come from North America
Meanwhile, according to comScore in the US more than 163 million people now own smartphones; about 52% are on the Android platform while Apple continues to hold a 41% share of the manufacturer space. As for what mobile consumers are doing online 89% are logging on to Google sites while 85% are logging on to social networks.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...