News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
AppFlood: East winning mobile traffic, West winning mobile spend
Mobile brands who are looking to increase their revenue might want to take the global West into consideration. That, because while the global East - China, Asia/Pacific and Africa - are sending the most traffic (56%) to AppFlood properties, the bulk of revenue (47%) continues to come from the global West - North America and Western Europe.
The AppFlood data shows the global mobile ad spend increased 62% between Q3 2013 and Q1 2014. The Middle East is slightly outpacing the rest of the world with a 62.4% increase is mobile ad spending
"Our data shows that amid mobile ad spend growing 62% quarter-over-quarter, the attention that's long been on western advertisers is shifting to Chinese advertisers with massive ad budgets," said Si Shen, co-founder and CEO of Papaya Mobile. "These Chinese advertisers are globally distributing mobile ad spend evenly across regions, which is changing the paradigm by fueling the rapid growth of the eastern app economy."
Some interesting takeaways from the report include:
• On AppFlood, the East represents only about 33% of mobile ad spending
• Mobile traffic increased 45% between Q3 2013 and Q1 2014
• 23% of app installs come from North America
Meanwhile, according to comScore in the US more than 163 million people now own smartphones; about 52% are on the Android platform while Apple continues to hold a 41% share of the manufacturer space. As for what mobile consumers are doing online 89% are logging on to Google sites while 85% are logging on to social networks.
Image via Shutterstock
- H1 2016's most-used and most-downloaded apps
- Gen Z's in-store expectations - the next challenge for retailers
- Brands: Why revenue based loyalty programs are a better draw
- Retail Roundup: Coupons key for all shoppers
- Study: In-game ads pushing engagement
- Expert: Why branded content appeals to consumers
- Reports: M:Comm up, privacy concerns abound
- Expert: What Pokemon Go phenomena means for businesses
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...