News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
AppFlood: East winning mobile traffic, West winning mobile spend
Mobile brands who are looking to increase their revenue might want to take the global West into consideration. That, because while the global East - China, Asia/Pacific and Africa - are sending the most traffic (56%) to AppFlood properties, the bulk of revenue (47%) continues to come from the global West - North America and Western Europe.
The AppFlood data shows the global mobile ad spend increased 62% between Q3 2013 and Q1 2014. The Middle East is slightly outpacing the rest of the world with a 62.4% increase is mobile ad spending
"Our data shows that amid mobile ad spend growing 62% quarter-over-quarter, the attention that's long been on western advertisers is shifting to Chinese advertisers with massive ad budgets," said Si Shen, co-founder and CEO of Papaya Mobile. "These Chinese advertisers are globally distributing mobile ad spend evenly across regions, which is changing the paradigm by fueling the rapid growth of the eastern app economy."
Some interesting takeaways from the report include:
• On AppFlood, the East represents only about 33% of mobile ad spending
• Mobile traffic increased 45% between Q3 2013 and Q1 2014
• 23% of app installs come from North America
Meanwhile, according to comScore in the US more than 163 million people now own smartphones; about 52% are on the Android platform while Apple continues to hold a 41% share of the manufacturer space. As for what mobile consumers are doing online 89% are logging on to Google sites while 85% are logging on to social networks.
Image via Shutterstock
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
- Studies predict strong holiday shopping season
- Unruly IDs the most shared videos of 2014
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....