News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Adyen: Most global merchants moving mobile
The mobile space is luring more merchants - both small and large - into it. That according to new data out from the Adyen Mobile Payment Index which indicates most (70%) of merchants are now transacting over the mobile web.
Consumers are there and merchants are following. That is the takeaway from the new Adyen Mobile Payment Index which shows 20% of all payment transactions across Adyen's global network are now coming from mobile devices - that is an increase of about 66% over 2013 numbers.
"Now that the majority of merchants worldwide are engaging with consumers via the mobile web, the paradigm has shifted from, 'Will people actually buy goods and services with their mobile devices?' to 'Fact: mobile commerce is a vital sales channel for both merchants and consumers - and therefore deserves increased focus," said Roelant Prins, Chief Commercial Officer at Adyen, which processed more than $2.2 billion in mobile payments in 2013.
Other interesting findings include:
• 70% of global merchants say they are processing mobile payments
• Travel, Ticketing and Retail verticals saw growth between 2.8% and 5%
• Digital goods - books, streaming content, etc. - saw growth of 6.2%
Meanwhile RTB.com has announced a 36,000% revenue increase (2011-2014); according to company they are now the leading RTB mobile buyer across exchanges including DoubleClick, Flurry and MoPub.
"RTB.com meets the needs of virtually every advertiser in the marketplace, and provides incredible reach for advertisers and brands looking to acquire users in the mobile ecosystem," said Fred Hsu, CEO of RTB.com. "With RTB.com and its parent company and subsidiaries, brands and developers are not only able to reach their target audiences, but also leverage new compelling ad formats as well as IAB ad formats, resulting in increased consumer engagement."
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...