News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Adyen: Most global merchants moving mobile
The mobile space is luring more merchants - both small and large - into it. That according to new data out from the Adyen Mobile Payment Index which indicates most (70%) of merchants are now transacting over the mobile web.
Consumers are there and merchants are following. That is the takeaway from the new Adyen Mobile Payment Index which shows 20% of all payment transactions across Adyen's global network are now coming from mobile devices - that is an increase of about 66% over 2013 numbers.
"Now that the majority of merchants worldwide are engaging with consumers via the mobile web, the paradigm has shifted from, 'Will people actually buy goods and services with their mobile devices?' to 'Fact: mobile commerce is a vital sales channel for both merchants and consumers - and therefore deserves increased focus," said Roelant Prins, Chief Commercial Officer at Adyen, which processed more than $2.2 billion in mobile payments in 2013.
Other interesting findings include:
• 70% of global merchants say they are processing mobile payments
• Travel, Ticketing and Retail verticals saw growth between 2.8% and 5%
• Digital goods - books, streaming content, etc. - saw growth of 6.2%
Meanwhile RTB.com has announced a 36,000% revenue increase (2011-2014); according to company they are now the leading RTB mobile buyer across exchanges including DoubleClick, Flurry and MoPub.
"RTB.com meets the needs of virtually every advertiser in the marketplace, and provides incredible reach for advertisers and brands looking to acquire users in the mobile ecosystem," said Fred Hsu, CEO of RTB.com. "With RTB.com and its parent company and subsidiaries, brands and developers are not only able to reach their target audiences, but also leverage new compelling ad formats as well as IAB ad formats, resulting in increased consumer engagement."
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Retail, ad solutions launched
- Expert IDs drivers for mobile video
- Expert: How to keep employees motivated
- Brands use content marketing primarily for brand awareness
- Salecycle research reveals the perfect abandoned cart email
- Retailers lost 19% of Christmas customers to rivals
- Hope for homeless asking for cash in cashless society
- B2B organizations struggle to provide streamlined, frictionless commerce experiences
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...