News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
33Across: Social sharing spikes on tablets
Social sharing is gaining steam - especially with tablet users. That according to new data out from 33Across which measured social sharing traffic throughout the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament - March Madness. Their data shows 'tablet actions' - like sharing increased throughout the tournament.
Historical data shows tablet traffic dropping on Sundays, but throughout March Madness Sunday tablet traffic saw an increase of about 23%; tablet activity increased about 16% throughout the tournament.
"Social content sharing throughout the tournament, especially during the close of tournament rounds, was closely aligned with TV viewing; thus, supporting the growing trend of second screen activities on tablets and other devices," said Brett Lofgren, CRO of 33Across.
33Across is releasing new tablet ad units, set up to capitalize on the mobile social sharing trend. Called Intent Impact Units, the platform delivers in-view, premium inventory as consumers share content via their social networks. Early numbers from the new units show click-thru rates three times higher (tablet intent vs. traditional tablet ads) and 2.5 times higher (tablet intent vs. desktop intent units).
Meanwhile, according to new data out from ShareThis Twitter is leading the social space in sharing growth. According to the numbers Twitter has seen a 43% increase in sharing (Q1 2014 vs. Q4 2013) while Facebook, Pinterest and LinkedIn all trail. Other interesting takeaways from the report include:
• Reddit sharers are more likely to be between ages 18-30
• LinkedIn and Facebook sharers tend toward the older side of age demographics
• Twitter/Pinterest users are somewhere in the middle
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey finds email pressure for retailers
- Report: Email, mobile key to retail success
- Expert: Data key for financial campaigns
- "Fat" ads slowing down publishers' websites
- IoT making impact on business but barriers remain
- CPG brands spending more on digital ads than traditional
- Mobile video content more effective on publishers' website than social
- Email open rate in UK higher on tablets than US
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...