News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
33Across: Social sharing spikes on tablets
Social sharing is gaining steam - especially with tablet users. That according to new data out from 33Across which measured social sharing traffic throughout the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament - March Madness. Their data shows 'tablet actions' - like sharing increased throughout the tournament.
Historical data shows tablet traffic dropping on Sundays, but throughout March Madness Sunday tablet traffic saw an increase of about 23%; tablet activity increased about 16% throughout the tournament.
"Social content sharing throughout the tournament, especially during the close of tournament rounds, was closely aligned with TV viewing; thus, supporting the growing trend of second screen activities on tablets and other devices," said Brett Lofgren, CRO of 33Across.
33Across is releasing new tablet ad units, set up to capitalize on the mobile social sharing trend. Called Intent Impact Units, the platform delivers in-view, premium inventory as consumers share content via their social networks. Early numbers from the new units show click-thru rates three times higher (tablet intent vs. traditional tablet ads) and 2.5 times higher (tablet intent vs. desktop intent units).
Meanwhile, according to new data out from ShareThis Twitter is leading the social space in sharing growth. According to the numbers Twitter has seen a 43% increase in sharing (Q1 2014 vs. Q4 2013) while Facebook, Pinterest and LinkedIn all trail. Other interesting takeaways from the report include:
• Reddit sharers are more likely to be between ages 18-30
• LinkedIn and Facebook sharers tend toward the older side of age demographics
• Twitter/Pinterest users are somewhere in the middle
Image via Shutterstock
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- Build Your Business Case For Social Selling
Are you ready to build your business case for social selling? Do you need some help? Download this PowerPoint deck...
- The High Cost of Free: Does Online Video Quality Influence Consumer Perception of your Brand?
6 Billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube .... That's almost 1 hour for every person on...