News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
11% of UK retailers expect 50% of online sales to be made via mobile by end of year
Mobile's increased role in ecommerce is reflected in the findings of the latest IMRG e-Retail Survey which has found that more than ten percent of senior ecommerce professionals in the UK believe more than half their online sales will come via mobile by the end of this year.
Eleven percent of retailers in the UK said they expect more than half of their online sales to be made on a mobile device by the end of this year, up from 4% in the IMRG's 2013 survey.
Almost one in five (19%) said they believe mobile sales will account for less than 20% of online sales and a further 13% said sales made on smartphones or tablets would make up less than 10% of overall sales.
According to Tina Spooner, chief information officer at IMRG, sales via mobile devices are now responsible for a third of UK e-retail sales.
"The latest survey results also reveal that mobile has a key part to play in the multichannel retail environment, with three-quarters of high street / multichannel retailers now having a mobile-optimized website, compared with just over half of pure-play merchants," says Spooner.
"Our latest survey results also reveal an increasing optimism among retailers around their expectations of online sales growth during 2014. While almost all merchants surveyed said they expect to see positive year-on-year sales growth, a significant proportion (42%) forecast sales growth to reach in excess of 20%".
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...