News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
11% of UK retailers expect 50% of online sales to be made via mobile by end of year
Mobile's increased role in ecommerce is reflected in the findings of the latest IMRG e-Retail Survey which has found that more than ten percent of senior ecommerce professionals in the UK believe more than half their online sales will come via mobile by the end of this year.
Eleven percent of retailers in the UK said they expect more than half of their online sales to be made on a mobile device by the end of this year, up from 4% in the IMRG's 2013 survey.
Almost one in five (19%) said they believe mobile sales will account for less than 20% of online sales and a further 13% said sales made on smartphones or tablets would make up less than 10% of overall sales.
According to Tina Spooner, chief information officer at IMRG, sales via mobile devices are now responsible for a third of UK e-retail sales.
"The latest survey results also reveal that mobile has a key part to play in the multichannel retail environment, with three-quarters of high street / multichannel retailers now having a mobile-optimized website, compared with just over half of pure-play merchants," says Spooner.
"Our latest survey results also reveal an increasing optimism among retailers around their expectations of online sales growth during 2014. While almost all merchants surveyed said they expect to see positive year-on-year sales growth, a significant proportion (42%) forecast sales growth to reach in excess of 20%".
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Safety key to wearables future
- Study: Half of shoppers look for 'https' or other security symbols online
- Cash, and wallets, soon to be things of the past?
- Expert: How Siri, Echo are changing content needs
- Costumes are big business again this Halloween
- Mobile to play increasing role in holiday season shopping
- Nielsen research reveals countries least likely to embrace mobile-only banking
- Mobile use in restaurants - tolerable or taboo?
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....