News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
11% of UK retailers expect 50% of online sales to be made via mobile by end of year
Mobile's increased role in ecommerce is reflected in the findings of the latest IMRG e-Retail Survey which has found that more than ten percent of senior ecommerce professionals in the UK believe more than half their online sales will come via mobile by the end of this year.
Eleven percent of retailers in the UK said they expect more than half of their online sales to be made on a mobile device by the end of this year, up from 4% in the IMRG's 2013 survey.
Almost one in five (19%) said they believe mobile sales will account for less than 20% of online sales and a further 13% said sales made on smartphones or tablets would make up less than 10% of overall sales.
According to Tina Spooner, chief information officer at IMRG, sales via mobile devices are now responsible for a third of UK e-retail sales.
"The latest survey results also reveal that mobile has a key part to play in the multichannel retail environment, with three-quarters of high street / multichannel retailers now having a mobile-optimized website, compared with just over half of pure-play merchants," says Spooner.
"Our latest survey results also reveal an increasing optimism among retailers around their expectations of online sales growth during 2014. While almost all merchants surveyed said they expect to see positive year-on-year sales growth, a significant proportion (42%) forecast sales growth to reach in excess of 20%".
Image via Shutterstock
- Online shoppers excited about possibility of drone deliveries
- Colors affect sharing behavior on Pinterest
- Survey highlights importance of returns process to consumer loyalty
- 45% of marketers to invest in events during 2015
- Barclays Bank launches Twitter payments
- Advertising for young children looks promising on a new YouTube app for kids
- Twitter responses to customer queries slow and sloppy
- App channel worth over £4 billion to UK brands
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- How to Promote and Measure Hashtag Campaigns
A single hashtag can connect your brand messaging across each of the major social networks. Learn how hashtags can be...