News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
WaPo taps Polar for native ads
Chalk up another sign that native advertising is taking over the world: The Washington Post has tapped Polar to provide native, in-stream mobile ads as well as their native ad program BrandConnect. Initial premium advertisers in the BrandConnect program include Audi, IBM and Land Rover.
"Native advertising needs quality, not scale, and The Washington Post understands this well," said Kunal Gupta, Chief Executive Officer, Polar. "In a world where marketers have access to infinite supply in digital advertising, native advertising offers premium inventory targeted towards high-quality audiences. WP Brand Studio is focused on helping marketers create quality content readers want to engage with and our MediaVoice platform helps The Washington Post increase operational efficiencies and run their BrandConnect program across desktop and mobile, including this new in-feed unit."
Polar's MediaVoice platform will power the BrandConnect sponsored content program from The Washington Post as well as in-feed mobile ads.
"WP Brand Studio is used by content marketers to create high-quality content for The Washington Post's unique and influential audience," said Kevin Gentzel, Chief Revenue Officer, The Washington Post. "MediaVoice is the tool used by WP Brand Studios to efficiently and relevantly service brands and connect them to global thought and opinion leaders however they read the Post."
Polar's MediaVoice platform offers insights including social actions, content engagement and ad performance for advertisers. MediaVoice allows advertisers to create native ads from existing content by using content marketing tools; this allows for campaign delivery across screens and at scale.
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey: Mobile a sore spot for luxury brands
- Study: Switching economy could cost US brands $1 trillion
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
- Reports: Mobile economy flourishing
- Top 3 trends to push marketers ahead in 2015
- Consumers want marketing email based on previous purchases
Featured White Papers
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Download this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Benchmark Report: Data Drives Social Media Performance
After analyzing 1.6 M posts on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, we've concluded that how you distribute your social posts...
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...