News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Venda surveys UK consumers on 'anticipatory shipping'
In light of Amazon's patent filing for 'anticipatory shipping', ecommerce solutions Venda surveyed UK consumers to see what they thought of the idea.
The survey of 2,052 UK adults, conducted by YouGov for Venda and reported in The Drum, found that more than half aren't enamored with the prospect of 'anticipatory shipping' and 37% believe it would be an invasion of privacy for a company to introduce such a feature.
Almost 40% would not accept nor keep items sent in anticipation of their need or desire.
Eric Abensur, Group CEO, Venda said: "if Amazon starts sending goods to customers without their consent, they risk alienating the vast majority of shoppers. Privacy is still a huge issue for consumers, and from their perspective, the idea of having every move they make put under the microscope can be disconcerting."
However interesting the survey findings might be, they appear to be premised on the incorrect assumption that Amazon will be sending out anticipated orders to consumers' doors. The truth of the matter is that the goal is to have items that Amazon has deemed a consumer will want based on previous orders and shopping behavior shipped to their local depot ready for when, or if, the consumer eventually makes the purchase.
The move could see Amazon's delivery times decrease dramatically bringing consumers that much nearer to online products. However, there are no plans at this stage to ship products that have not be specifically ordered direct to a consumer's door.
Image via Shutterstock
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Blueprints for Social Network Success
The Big 6 social networks offer tremendous marketing opportunites--and each one is very different. That's why Spredfast has assembled our...
- CRM's Dirty Little Secret: How to Avoid CRM Sticker Shock
The way companies use and pay for customer relationship management software has changed significantly over the past decade. Moving from...