News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Venda surveys UK consumers on 'anticipatory shipping'
In light of Amazon's patent filing for 'anticipatory shipping', ecommerce solutions Venda surveyed UK consumers to see what they thought of the idea.
The survey of 2,052 UK adults, conducted by YouGov for Venda and reported in The Drum, found that more than half aren't enamored with the prospect of 'anticipatory shipping' and 37% believe it would be an invasion of privacy for a company to introduce such a feature.
Almost 40% would not accept nor keep items sent in anticipation of their need or desire.
Eric Abensur, Group CEO, Venda said: "if Amazon starts sending goods to customers without their consent, they risk alienating the vast majority of shoppers. Privacy is still a huge issue for consumers, and from their perspective, the idea of having every move they make put under the microscope can be disconcerting."
However interesting the survey findings might be, they appear to be premised on the incorrect assumption that Amazon will be sending out anticipated orders to consumers' doors. The truth of the matter is that the goal is to have items that Amazon has deemed a consumer will want based on previous orders and shopping behavior shipped to their local depot ready for when, or if, the consumer eventually makes the purchase.
The move could see Amazon's delivery times decrease dramatically bringing consumers that much nearer to online products. However, there are no plans at this stage to ship products that have not be specifically ordered direct to a consumer's door.
Image via Shutterstock
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...