News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Venda surveys UK consumers on 'anticipatory shipping'
In light of Amazon's patent filing for 'anticipatory shipping', ecommerce solutions Venda surveyed UK consumers to see what they thought of the idea.
The survey of 2,052 UK adults, conducted by YouGov for Venda and reported in The Drum, found that more than half aren't enamored with the prospect of 'anticipatory shipping' and 37% believe it would be an invasion of privacy for a company to introduce such a feature.
Almost 40% would not accept nor keep items sent in anticipation of their need or desire.
Eric Abensur, Group CEO, Venda said: "if Amazon starts sending goods to customers without their consent, they risk alienating the vast majority of shoppers. Privacy is still a huge issue for consumers, and from their perspective, the idea of having every move they make put under the microscope can be disconcerting."
However interesting the survey findings might be, they appear to be premised on the incorrect assumption that Amazon will be sending out anticipated orders to consumers' doors. The truth of the matter is that the goal is to have items that Amazon has deemed a consumer will want based on previous orders and shopping behavior shipped to their local depot ready for when, or if, the consumer eventually makes the purchase.
The move could see Amazon's delivery times decrease dramatically bringing consumers that much nearer to online products. However, there are no plans at this stage to ship products that have not be specifically ordered direct to a consumer's door.
Image via Shutterstock
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...