News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Venda surveys UK consumers on 'anticipatory shipping'
In light of Amazon's patent filing for 'anticipatory shipping', ecommerce solutions Venda surveyed UK consumers to see what they thought of the idea.
The survey of 2,052 UK adults, conducted by YouGov for Venda and reported in The Drum, found that more than half aren't enamored with the prospect of 'anticipatory shipping' and 37% believe it would be an invasion of privacy for a company to introduce such a feature.
Almost 40% would not accept nor keep items sent in anticipation of their need or desire.
Eric Abensur, Group CEO, Venda said: "if Amazon starts sending goods to customers without their consent, they risk alienating the vast majority of shoppers. Privacy is still a huge issue for consumers, and from their perspective, the idea of having every move they make put under the microscope can be disconcerting."
However interesting the survey findings might be, they appear to be premised on the incorrect assumption that Amazon will be sending out anticipated orders to consumers' doors. The truth of the matter is that the goal is to have items that Amazon has deemed a consumer will want based on previous orders and shopping behavior shipped to their local depot ready for when, or if, the consumer eventually makes the purchase.
The move could see Amazon's delivery times decrease dramatically bringing consumers that much nearer to online products. However, there are no plans at this stage to ship products that have not be specifically ordered direct to a consumer's door.
Image via Shutterstock
- Consumer engagement with mobile ads on the rise
- Android dominates smartphone market
- How to tell if social is right for your brand
- Ecomm Roundup: Faster checkouts and better personalization
- Top 3 tips to use data better this holiday season
- Microbusinesses dipping into personal savings
- British consumers will give up more personal data for discounts, free delivery
- How dark social can impact brand
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...