News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Value of social media ads continues to elude ad agencies
Keeping up with the technology evolving in advertising and marketing is a must for an agency to be successful, but many agencies are finding it hard to justify social media ad spend due to a lack of hard ROI data to present to clients.
A new survey from STRATA reveals that while the vast majority of agencies (87%) are interested in using social media in client campaigns, more than half (54%) would buy more social media ad spots if they could more easily ascertain their value to the campaign.
"In the advertising industry, the buzz often comes before the pay-off," said STRATA EVP Joy Baer. "Everyone wants to buy social media and online video because it's the way the industry is heading, but the real ROI is more complex to define. It's a science that is still being developed."
Despite the uncertainty surrounding the value of social media ads, nearly all agencies will be purchasing more this year with 81% intending to buy ads on Facebook, YouTube (57%), Twitter (48%), Pinterest (35%) and LinkedIn (33%).
Image via Shutterstock
- Air passengers demand constant connectivity and fast in-flight Wi-Fi
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
- Shareaholic: Quarter of website traffic driven by Facebook
- B2B firms struggling with content marketing
- Brands piggy-backing on major events not guaranteed success
- Expert: Why SMBs are pushing farther into digital
- Top 3 challenges facing retailers and how to solve them
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
Featured White Papers
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...