News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Value of social media ads continues to elude ad agencies
Keeping up with the technology evolving in advertising and marketing is a must for an agency to be successful, but many agencies are finding it hard to justify social media ad spend due to a lack of hard ROI data to present to clients.
A new survey from STRATA reveals that while the vast majority of agencies (87%) are interested in using social media in client campaigns, more than half (54%) would buy more social media ad spots if they could more easily ascertain their value to the campaign.
"In the advertising industry, the buzz often comes before the pay-off," said STRATA EVP Joy Baer. "Everyone wants to buy social media and online video because it's the way the industry is heading, but the real ROI is more complex to define. It's a science that is still being developed."
Despite the uncertainty surrounding the value of social media ads, nearly all agencies will be purchasing more this year with 81% intending to buy ads on Facebook, YouTube (57%), Twitter (48%), Pinterest (35%) and LinkedIn (33%).
Image via Shutterstock
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Blueprints for Social Network Success
The Big 6 social networks offer tremendous marketing opportunites--and each one is very different. That's why Spredfast has assembled our...
- CRM's Dirty Little Secret: How to Avoid CRM Sticker Shock
The way companies use and pay for customer relationship management software has changed significantly over the past decade. Moving from...