News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Value of social media ads continues to elude ad agencies
Keeping up with the technology evolving in advertising and marketing is a must for an agency to be successful, but many agencies are finding it hard to justify social media ad spend due to a lack of hard ROI data to present to clients.
A new survey from STRATA reveals that while the vast majority of agencies (87%) are interested in using social media in client campaigns, more than half (54%) would buy more social media ad spots if they could more easily ascertain their value to the campaign.
"In the advertising industry, the buzz often comes before the pay-off," said STRATA EVP Joy Baer. "Everyone wants to buy social media and online video because it's the way the industry is heading, but the real ROI is more complex to define. It's a science that is still being developed."
Despite the uncertainty surrounding the value of social media ads, nearly all agencies will be purchasing more this year with 81% intending to buy ads on Facebook, YouTube (57%), Twitter (48%), Pinterest (35%) and LinkedIn (33%).
Image via Shutterstock
- Fun in the Sun: How to Take a Vacation as a Small Business Owner
- Email Roundup: Solutions to increase targeting
- Expert: Keys for coupon success
- Study: Texting could save customer relationships
- Survey: Though ads influence, relevance is key
- Brands: What you need to know about the 3 leading cyberattacks
- Top 3 tips to increase localization
- Top 3 tips for better personalization
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...