News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Usablenet: Mobile devices surge half-billion higher
It is no secret that the mobile space is blowing up. According to new data out from Usablenet on mobile devices increased from 6.5 billion in 2012 to 7 billion in 2013 in the US, but more than that these devices are being used - around the globe - for much more than talking.
Across the globe, mobile devices are being used to shop, stay up to date with news and entertainment and check the weather all around the globe, and the US? Same thing. That is the takeaway from new data out from Usablenet; the data shows that tablets pushed more than 10% of all online sales (Q4 2013) while tablet users averaged a spend of just over $118 per order.
Data from comScore data backs up Usablenet's findings on a more global scale, showing retail is the fastest growing mobile use category for Italian smartphone users. Retail app use increased by nearly three-quarters between 2012 and 2013 while electronic payments/money transfer options increased nearly one-quarter of Italian smartphone owners are using these options now.
Other interesting findings from the Usablenet report include:
• Tablet users convert 3 times more than smartphone users
• Smartphones pushed 21.9% of holiday traffic, Tablets pushed 13%
• 79% of US shoppers use smartphones to browse and shop via mobile sites and apps
• Consumers spend 15 hours per week searching the mobile web
• Three-quarters of consumers use mobiles to look at product reviews or research travel
• Half of consumers check bank accounts or get directions via mobile
Image via Shutterstock
- Social Roundup: How brands are engaging in social
- Targeted ads give Internet users the creeps
- Online shoppers overwhelmed by choice
- Smartwatches: time for a new ad format
- Translation challenges stymying online communication
- Mobile Roundup: Commerce, security options released
- Playlists the perfect target for brands on Spotify
- 25% of SMBs have no website
Featured White Papers
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...