News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Usablenet: Mobile devices surge half-billion higher
It is no secret that the mobile space is blowing up. According to new data out from Usablenet on mobile devices increased from 6.5 billion in 2012 to 7 billion in 2013 in the US, but more than that these devices are being used - around the globe - for much more than talking.
Across the globe, mobile devices are being used to shop, stay up to date with news and entertainment and check the weather all around the globe, and the US? Same thing. That is the takeaway from new data out from Usablenet; the data shows that tablets pushed more than 10% of all online sales (Q4 2013) while tablet users averaged a spend of just over $118 per order.
Data from comScore data backs up Usablenet's findings on a more global scale, showing retail is the fastest growing mobile use category for Italian smartphone users. Retail app use increased by nearly three-quarters between 2012 and 2013 while electronic payments/money transfer options increased nearly one-quarter of Italian smartphone owners are using these options now.
Other interesting findings from the Usablenet report include:
• Tablet users convert 3 times more than smartphone users
• Smartphones pushed 21.9% of holiday traffic, Tablets pushed 13%
• 79% of US shoppers use smartphones to browse and shop via mobile sites and apps
• Consumers spend 15 hours per week searching the mobile web
• Three-quarters of consumers use mobiles to look at product reviews or research travel
• Half of consumers check bank accounts or get directions via mobile
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey: SMBs keying into social
- Survey: Brands leaving app money on the table
- Brands: Why you should prep for cyber attacks
- Fun in the Sun: How to Take a Vacation as a Small Business Owner
- Email Roundup: Solutions to increase targeting
- Expert: Keys for coupon success
- Study: Texting could save customer relationships
- Survey: Though ads influence, relevance is key
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...