News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK: Mobile ad spend to outstrip newspaper ad spend in 2014
A new report from eMarketer forecasts mobile ad revenues will overtake newspaper ad revenues in the UK for the first time ever during 2014.
Mobile continues to drive ad growth in the UK and, according to eMarketer's latest forecast, mobile ad spending will increase significantly in 2014 rising 90% to $3.53 billion. That's a rise of $1.67 on 2013's total of $1.86 billion.
Meanwhile, eMarketer expects ad spend in newspapers (national and regional) to fall from 2013's $3.65 billion to $3.49 billion, continuing to fall further to $3.15 billion by 2018.
Having outstripped newspaper ad spending this year, mobile will then have television ad spending in its sights. According to eMarketer, "By 2016, one year after mobile passes print spending, TV's share of UK total media ad spending will fall to 23.1% as mobile increases its portion to 26.2%. The following year, mobile will become the single-largest ad channel in the UK market."
Mobile is predicted to account for almost a third of all digital ad spending in 2014 rising to more than half by 2016.
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
- Expert: How to turn data-rich into data-action
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
- Five-fold YoY growth in contactless payment use in UK
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...