News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK: Mobile ad spend to outstrip newspaper ad spend in 2014
A new report from eMarketer forecasts mobile ad revenues will overtake newspaper ad revenues in the UK for the first time ever during 2014.
Mobile continues to drive ad growth in the UK and, according to eMarketer's latest forecast, mobile ad spending will increase significantly in 2014 rising 90% to $3.53 billion. That's a rise of $1.67 on 2013's total of $1.86 billion.
Meanwhile, eMarketer expects ad spend in newspapers (national and regional) to fall from 2013's $3.65 billion to $3.49 billion, continuing to fall further to $3.15 billion by 2018.
Having outstripped newspaper ad spending this year, mobile will then have television ad spending in its sights. According to eMarketer, "By 2016, one year after mobile passes print spending, TV's share of UK total media ad spending will fall to 23.1% as mobile increases its portion to 26.2%. The following year, mobile will become the single-largest ad channel in the UK market."
Mobile is predicted to account for almost a third of all digital ad spending in 2014 rising to more than half by 2016.
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...