News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK: Mobile ad spend to outstrip newspaper ad spend in 2014
A new report from eMarketer forecasts mobile ad revenues will overtake newspaper ad revenues in the UK for the first time ever during 2014.
Mobile continues to drive ad growth in the UK and, according to eMarketer's latest forecast, mobile ad spending will increase significantly in 2014 rising 90% to $3.53 billion. That's a rise of $1.67 on 2013's total of $1.86 billion.
Meanwhile, eMarketer expects ad spend in newspapers (national and regional) to fall from 2013's $3.65 billion to $3.49 billion, continuing to fall further to $3.15 billion by 2018.
Having outstripped newspaper ad spending this year, mobile will then have television ad spending in its sights. According to eMarketer, "By 2016, one year after mobile passes print spending, TV's share of UK total media ad spending will fall to 23.1% as mobile increases its portion to 26.2%. The following year, mobile will become the single-largest ad channel in the UK market."
Mobile is predicted to account for almost a third of all digital ad spending in 2014 rising to more than half by 2016.
- Ad Roundup: New tools to track, serve ads
- How to maximize your content marketing strategy
- Ecommerce Roundup: Payment solutions and an email idea
- How for-profits can capitalize with non-profit strategy
- Study IDs most important shopper for retailers
- Study: Consumers text for customer support
- Study IDs what Apple Watch users are really up to
- Top 3 tips for better triggered emails
Featured White Papers
- Use Social Data To Improve Your Social Marketing Maturity
We all have social data - and lots of it. But are you using it effectively? A brand's social data...