News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK: Mobile ad spend to outstrip newspaper ad spend in 2014
A new report from eMarketer forecasts mobile ad revenues will overtake newspaper ad revenues in the UK for the first time ever during 2014.
Mobile continues to drive ad growth in the UK and, according to eMarketer's latest forecast, mobile ad spending will increase significantly in 2014 rising 90% to $3.53 billion. That's a rise of $1.67 on 2013's total of $1.86 billion.
Meanwhile, eMarketer expects ad spend in newspapers (national and regional) to fall from 2013's $3.65 billion to $3.49 billion, continuing to fall further to $3.15 billion by 2018.
Having outstripped newspaper ad spending this year, mobile will then have television ad spending in its sights. According to eMarketer, "By 2016, one year after mobile passes print spending, TV's share of UK total media ad spending will fall to 23.1% as mobile increases its portion to 26.2%. The following year, mobile will become the single-largest ad channel in the UK market."
Mobile is predicted to account for almost a third of all digital ad spending in 2014 rising to more than half by 2016.
- Time watching TV remains the same, but different
- Optimove integration allows targeted campaigns via Google Ads
- Brands: How speech analytics can work for you
- Study reveals SMBs don't know credit scores
- Expert: How ad blocking can work for brands
- All hail Uber
- Social media platforms failing to adequately monitor hate speech
- Top 4 email worst practices and solutions
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...