News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK leads Europe in shopping via smartphone
Businesses in the UK that don't have mobile-optimized websites should take note of new research commissioned by Google that found Brits lead the way in Europe in shopping via their smartphones.
A third of Brits (32%) conducted shopping on their mobile phone compared to just 8% in France and Italy, 15% in Germany and 19% in Sweden, found the Google-commissioned research by TNS. Out of 18 countries in Europe the UK led the way in mobile shopping.
"In the UK, people are increasingly using their smartphones for researching products, locating stores and making purchases," said Matt Brocklehurst, Product Marketing Manager at Google. "That's why it is now essential for businesses to ensure their sites are mobile-ready."
Recent data released by ecommerce provider ShopVisible shows that, in 2013, 30% of site traffic to ecommerce websites came from a mobile device. The report, "Influence and Impact: 2013 Year in Review" found that smartphones accounted for 15% of traffic in 2013, peaking at 20% in the final quarter.
"These numbers are continuing to rise," said ShopVisible in its report, "and businesses that do not act on mobile site optimization in 2014 may miss out on revenue potential."
Image via Shutterstock
- Mobile 'click injection' fraud forecast to become prevalent in 2017
- Less than half of consumers satisfied with retail app experience
- Study: Order struggles a problem for B2B
- Ad Roundup: Solution expansions, investments
- Expert: Consent, Identity key for businesses
- UK ad viewability levels stagnate
- Supermarkets, technology brands' marketing campaigns most effective
- Ecommerce Roundup: Shipping, experience key to satisfaction
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...