News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK leads Europe in shopping via smartphone
Businesses in the UK that don't have mobile-optimized websites should take note of new research commissioned by Google that found Brits lead the way in Europe in shopping via their smartphones.
A third of Brits (32%) conducted shopping on their mobile phone compared to just 8% in France and Italy, 15% in Germany and 19% in Sweden, found the Google-commissioned research by TNS. Out of 18 countries in Europe the UK led the way in mobile shopping.
"In the UK, people are increasingly using their smartphones for researching products, locating stores and making purchases," said Matt Brocklehurst, Product Marketing Manager at Google. "That's why it is now essential for businesses to ensure their sites are mobile-ready."
Recent data released by ecommerce provider ShopVisible shows that, in 2013, 30% of site traffic to ecommerce websites came from a mobile device. The report, "Influence and Impact: 2013 Year in Review" found that smartphones accounted for 15% of traffic in 2013, peaking at 20% in the final quarter.
"These numbers are continuing to rise," said ShopVisible in its report, "and businesses that do not act on mobile site optimization in 2014 may miss out on revenue potential."
Image via Shutterstock
- Report: Half of online buys happen after an hour
- Expert: Why real time isn't fast enough
- What new crowdfunding rules mean for SMBs
- Study IDs how retailers can compete with Amazon
- Expert: How to determine if calls are leads or not
- Expert: Travel brands need responsive design
- Poor advertising among travel brands hinders data collection
- Unplug for your health and mental well-being, urges parenting website
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...