News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Twitter testing click-to-call
Is Twitter an environment in which consumers will use a click-to-call button? The developers certainly think so and the feature is set to be launched soon.
Click-to-call functionality in mobile search makes sense. Consumers are searching for a product or company and providing immediate access via mobile to make telephone contact sits well in that context.
But click-to-call on Twitter? It remains to be seen how many consumers take up the opportunity. Perhaps those who use the micro-blogging platform for customer service will have a need, but Twitter is essentially a social platform.
Nevertheless, a spokesman for Twitter has announced that a click-to-call button is currently being tested with a variety of brands. The aim is to increase users' engagement with advertisers on the platform.
"We've always been strong in terms of upper-funnel, brand-oriented goals; engagement, awareness and capturing events and moments," Richard Alfonsi, Twitter's vp of global online sales told Digiday. "Direct response is thinking about the lower-funnel conversion-oriented goals."
Research in the UK commissioned by Google and conducted by Ipsos found that 42% of consumers had used Google's click-to-call from mobile search. According to Ian Carrington, director of performance solutions and innovation at Google, there is an obvious demand for the service with a whopping 40 million calls generated globally by the option each month.
But is this a demand that can be transferred to Twitter? That remains to be seen.
Image via Shutterstock
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Blueprints for Social Network Success
The Big 6 social networks offer tremendous marketing opportunites--and each one is very different. That's why Spredfast has assembled our...
- CRM's Dirty Little Secret: How to Avoid CRM Sticker Shock
The way companies use and pay for customer relationship management software has changed significantly over the past decade. Moving from...