News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Twitter testing click-to-call
Is Twitter an environment in which consumers will use a click-to-call button? The developers certainly think so and the feature is set to be launched soon.
Click-to-call functionality in mobile search makes sense. Consumers are searching for a product or company and providing immediate access via mobile to make telephone contact sits well in that context.
But click-to-call on Twitter? It remains to be seen how many consumers take up the opportunity. Perhaps those who use the micro-blogging platform for customer service will have a need, but Twitter is essentially a social platform.
Nevertheless, a spokesman for Twitter has announced that a click-to-call button is currently being tested with a variety of brands. The aim is to increase users' engagement with advertisers on the platform.
"We've always been strong in terms of upper-funnel, brand-oriented goals; engagement, awareness and capturing events and moments," Richard Alfonsi, Twitter's vp of global online sales told Digiday. "Direct response is thinking about the lower-funnel conversion-oriented goals."
Research in the UK commissioned by Google and conducted by Ipsos found that 42% of consumers had used Google's click-to-call from mobile search. According to Ian Carrington, director of performance solutions and innovation at Google, there is an obvious demand for the service with a whopping 40 million calls generated globally by the option each month.
But is this a demand that can be transferred to Twitter? That remains to be seen.
Image via Shutterstock
- Report: In mobile, color matters
- Vungle releases ad tool, integrates with Adap.TV
- Multifactor authentication added to RoboForm
- Research reveals which website image format results in happier visitors
- Location accuracy analysis reveals improvement for mobile ad campaigns
- Research reveals Millennials' attitudes toward brands
- Survey: Online, offline shopping experiences 'merging'
- Message Systems flips email to up engagement
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...