News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Twitter testing click-to-call
Is Twitter an environment in which consumers will use a click-to-call button? The developers certainly think so and the feature is set to be launched soon.
Click-to-call functionality in mobile search makes sense. Consumers are searching for a product or company and providing immediate access via mobile to make telephone contact sits well in that context.
But click-to-call on Twitter? It remains to be seen how many consumers take up the opportunity. Perhaps those who use the micro-blogging platform for customer service will have a need, but Twitter is essentially a social platform.
Nevertheless, a spokesman for Twitter has announced that a click-to-call button is currently being tested with a variety of brands. The aim is to increase users' engagement with advertisers on the platform.
"We've always been strong in terms of upper-funnel, brand-oriented goals; engagement, awareness and capturing events and moments," Richard Alfonsi, Twitter's vp of global online sales told Digiday. "Direct response is thinking about the lower-funnel conversion-oriented goals."
Research in the UK commissioned by Google and conducted by Ipsos found that 42% of consumers had used Google's click-to-call from mobile search. According to Ian Carrington, director of performance solutions and innovation at Google, there is an obvious demand for the service with a whopping 40 million calls generated globally by the option each month.
But is this a demand that can be transferred to Twitter? That remains to be seen.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
- Expert: What Google buy buttons could mean for ecommerce
- Report highlights the 'mobile moments' of commuters
- Consumers keen to use new payment technology but businesses slow to adopt
- Ad Roundup: Integrations and new releases to offer more insights
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...