News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
TrackMaven bemoans the stagnant state of email
According to new research from marketing analytics firm TrackMaven, the state of email is stagnant with marketers sticking to the same old benchmarks time and time again.
When TrackMaven's Sabel Harris received data about 96,000 emails from more than 2,000 subscription lists she was immediately struck by one thing.
"Marketers are doing the same things with email. Every single marketer practicing the same benchmarks over and over again. Nothing new..no interesting outliers...so stagnant," Harris comments on the company blog.
The benchmarks Harris was confronted with showed that Thursday was the most popular day to send out email and that most emails hit inboxes between 11am and 12pm (E.T.) with few being sent during the weekend.
TrackMaven implies that email marketing has become 'stagnant' and that marketers could do more to better already good ROIs. However, could it be that the reason email marketers are sticking to a routine is that they have found the most relevant and efficient ways to engage via email?
The full report can be obtained here.
- Neurological study pits digital ads against physical ads
- Mobile-friendly hotels appeal to 9 out of 10 U.S. travelers
- Study: Millennials cautious with spending
- Study: Millennials willing to pay for rewards
- Facebook opens first office in Africa
- Mobile a key ingredient in a Millennial's kitchen
- Expert: The benefits to early EMV conversion
- Top 3 tips to reduce customer churn
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...