News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
TrackMaven bemoans the stagnant state of email
According to new research from marketing analytics firm TrackMaven, the state of email is stagnant with marketers sticking to the same old benchmarks time and time again.
When TrackMaven's Sabel Harris received data about 96,000 emails from more than 2,000 subscription lists she was immediately struck by one thing.
"Marketers are doing the same things with email. Every single marketer practicing the same benchmarks over and over again. Nothing new..no interesting outliers...so stagnant," Harris comments on the company blog.
The benchmarks Harris was confronted with showed that Thursday was the most popular day to send out email and that most emails hit inboxes between 11am and 12pm (E.T.) with few being sent during the weekend.
TrackMaven implies that email marketing has become 'stagnant' and that marketers could do more to better already good ROIs. However, could it be that the reason email marketers are sticking to a routine is that they have found the most relevant and efficient ways to engage via email?
The full report can be obtained here.
- Study: TV a priority for many Millennials
- UK: Dark Social sharing of Olympics a way to avoid spoilers?
- Loyalty schemes require more relevancy and personalization
- Expert: Why timing of brand connection is more important than ever
- Verizon to acquire Yahoo, what it means
- Just 6% of consumers always leave a review
- Binge-watching shedding its negative connotations
- Amazon flexing its delivery options in the UK
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...