News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to prevent ID Fraud during tax season
With less than a month to go before Tax Day in the US, many businesses and consumers are hurrying through physical forms or looking up online options for tax filing. Experts from iovation offer their tips for keeping taxpayers' identities safe through tax season.
"We understand the difficulty faced by the IRS in preventing online and mobile fraud because we stop it every day for our clients. Tax season puts a spotlight on the need for businesses to protect their customers from cybercriminals--a charge we are passionate about leading," said iovation Vice President of Corporate Development, Jon Karl. "Ultimately, this type of online crime affects businesses and their customers, which is really all of us."
First: Use strong passwords. Include numbers, symbols and both upper and lower case letters. And change those passwords at least quarterly, say experts. Added to those strong passwords, don't leave your personal info on the return forms left on your hard drive, instead copy to a CD or Flash drive and then delete the personal data.
Second: Never respond to an 'initial contact' email from the IRS - because the IRS will never begin a contact with a taxpayer (business or personal) through email. The first contacts are always made via postal service.
Third: Keep your personal information private. Don't carry social security cards or ITIN forms with you on a daily basis, and don't keep copies of these forms on unsecured online sites.
- Study: Mobile gaming makes people happier than socnets
- Ad Roundup: Experience key to releases, partnerships
- Top 3 SEO strategies to implement now
- 2030 and the death of Britain's town centers
- Buy online, pickup in-store not the 'smooth' process shoppers demand
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and a malware offer
- Marketers believe AI will revolutionize industry, but lack understanding
- Expert IDs trends to watch in IT
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...