News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to improve professional social media profiles
Pinterest, and Facebook and Twitter, are pushing more people to buy products - especially younger consumers. New data out from Acquity Group indicates one-quarter of Millennials have purchased products because of postings on social networks.
Kristina: Are these shoppers who are converting from or because of Pinterest also engaging and converting through other social networks?
Aneesh Desikan, Social Practice Lead and Manager, Digital Marketing, Acquity Group: Our clients see a majority of conversions through Facebook. Success on social media channels can be attributed to some of these factors:
• Engagement with brands on social channels is often based on demographics, trust and familiarity. Some products perform better on social networks like Facebook and Twitter rather than Pinterest, due to user preferences.
• Some retail areas benefit from a visual focus, and may convert better on Facebook and Pinterest because of the collaborative, image-heavy nature of such platforms.
• Twitter is more real-time focused, and retailers need to be succinct since the content must be within 140 characters.
Kristina: How can retailers, specifically, better manage their social media profiles?
Aneesh: • Create a hyper-targeted approach so information can be extremely relevant to potential customers and further increase the likelihood of conversion.
• Take advantage of holiday shoppers at opportune times. During the 2013 holiday period from October to December, many of our retail clients saw a 60% increase in visitors to their website from Pinterest by posting seasonal and holiday products and pins.
• Find influential "brand advocates." Go beyond ads and products. and aspire to become a cultural hub for your followers by sharing your own engaging content and your followers' content.
Image via Shutterstock
- Brands: How to ensure rogue apps aren't damaging to you
- Top tips to drive purchases
- Brands: How to protect yourself in the app space
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
Featured White Papers
- 4 Simple Strategies to Find Time for Creative Work
As marketers, we know our best work is fueled by time to think, brainstorm and explore different directions. But in...
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....