News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to improve professional social media profiles
Pinterest, and Facebook and Twitter, are pushing more people to buy products - especially younger consumers. New data out from Acquity Group indicates one-quarter of Millennials have purchased products because of postings on social networks.
Kristina: Are these shoppers who are converting from or because of Pinterest also engaging and converting through other social networks?
Aneesh Desikan, Social Practice Lead and Manager, Digital Marketing, Acquity Group: Our clients see a majority of conversions through Facebook. Success on social media channels can be attributed to some of these factors:
• Engagement with brands on social channels is often based on demographics, trust and familiarity. Some products perform better on social networks like Facebook and Twitter rather than Pinterest, due to user preferences.
• Some retail areas benefit from a visual focus, and may convert better on Facebook and Pinterest because of the collaborative, image-heavy nature of such platforms.
• Twitter is more real-time focused, and retailers need to be succinct since the content must be within 140 characters.
Kristina: How can retailers, specifically, better manage their social media profiles?
Aneesh: • Create a hyper-targeted approach so information can be extremely relevant to potential customers and further increase the likelihood of conversion.
• Take advantage of holiday shoppers at opportune times. During the 2013 holiday period from October to December, many of our retail clients saw a 60% increase in visitors to their website from Pinterest by posting seasonal and holiday products and pins.
• Find influential "brand advocates." Go beyond ads and products. and aspire to become a cultural hub for your followers by sharing your own engaging content and your followers' content.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...