News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to improve professional social media profiles
Pinterest, and Facebook and Twitter, are pushing more people to buy products - especially younger consumers. New data out from Acquity Group indicates one-quarter of Millennials have purchased products because of postings on social networks.
Kristina: Are these shoppers who are converting from or because of Pinterest also engaging and converting through other social networks?
Aneesh Desikan, Social Practice Lead and Manager, Digital Marketing, Acquity Group: Our clients see a majority of conversions through Facebook. Success on social media channels can be attributed to some of these factors:
• Engagement with brands on social channels is often based on demographics, trust and familiarity. Some products perform better on social networks like Facebook and Twitter rather than Pinterest, due to user preferences.
• Some retail areas benefit from a visual focus, and may convert better on Facebook and Pinterest because of the collaborative, image-heavy nature of such platforms.
• Twitter is more real-time focused, and retailers need to be succinct since the content must be within 140 characters.
Kristina: How can retailers, specifically, better manage their social media profiles?
Aneesh: • Create a hyper-targeted approach so information can be extremely relevant to potential customers and further increase the likelihood of conversion.
• Take advantage of holiday shoppers at opportune times. During the 2013 holiday period from October to December, many of our retail clients saw a 60% increase in visitors to their website from Pinterest by posting seasonal and holiday products and pins.
• Find influential "brand advocates." Go beyond ads and products. and aspire to become a cultural hub for your followers by sharing your own engaging content and your followers' content.
Image via Shutterstock
- Experiences - not amenities - create most social media chatter about hotels
- Younger consumers will share personal data in exchange for more accurate search results
- Forecast: App store spend to increase 33%
- Report shows Southwest winning digital airline wars
- Expert: Why unsubscribes aren't necessarily bad
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...