News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to improve professional social media profiles
Pinterest, and Facebook and Twitter, are pushing more people to buy products - especially younger consumers. New data out from Acquity Group indicates one-quarter of Millennials have purchased products because of postings on social networks.
Kristina: Are these shoppers who are converting from or because of Pinterest also engaging and converting through other social networks?
Aneesh Desikan, Social Practice Lead and Manager, Digital Marketing, Acquity Group: Our clients see a majority of conversions through Facebook. Success on social media channels can be attributed to some of these factors:
• Engagement with brands on social channels is often based on demographics, trust and familiarity. Some products perform better on social networks like Facebook and Twitter rather than Pinterest, due to user preferences.
• Some retail areas benefit from a visual focus, and may convert better on Facebook and Pinterest because of the collaborative, image-heavy nature of such platforms.
• Twitter is more real-time focused, and retailers need to be succinct since the content must be within 140 characters.
Kristina: How can retailers, specifically, better manage their social media profiles?
Aneesh: • Create a hyper-targeted approach so information can be extremely relevant to potential customers and further increase the likelihood of conversion.
• Take advantage of holiday shoppers at opportune times. During the 2013 holiday period from October to December, many of our retail clients saw a 60% increase in visitors to their website from Pinterest by posting seasonal and holiday products and pins.
• Find influential "brand advocates." Go beyond ads and products. and aspire to become a cultural hub for your followers by sharing your own engaging content and your followers' content.
Image via Shutterstock
- 'Commuter Commerce' worth £9.3 billion each year
- Research uncovers ways in which Millennials 'game' e-commerce
- Study finds that 'data for discounts' consumer behavior is a fallacy
- Ad Roundup: Solutions for ads, optimization, mobile work
- Top 3 don't's for telecom customer service
- Kahuna: Brands must engage for apps to work
- Research highlights effectiveness of in-app messaging
- Facebook tests 10-second video views and monetization
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...