News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to create lasting brand buzz
In a world where the buzz around an event lasts only one news cycle, how can a brand really connect with viewers to increase engagement and create an on-going conversation? The experts at SLD have put together a new infographic aimed at helping brands connect and improve their buzz.
"Considering that brands are investing so much for Super Bowl spots, they want to ensure that they're generating the right type of conversations and driving positive, lasting levels of brand engagement," said Paige O'Neill, CMO at SDL. "Our analysis shows that to be successful, brands must combine a strong story with a tangible link to brand identity and an engaging incentive in order to transfer buzz into longer lasting brand uplift. Without those combined elements, buzz might spike, but it won't be sustainable."
Where to start? SDL's experts suggest:
• Ask for participation - encourage consumers to act on your campaign through incentives and contests. These specific calls to action return 4% higher Commitment Scores than average
• Think continuity - if you already have a series of commercials, make a Super Bowl or Olympics 'event' ad that keeps the existing ad storyline in-tact and moving forward. Campaigns that build on former campaigns have been shown to engage consumers
• Take a stand - don't be afraid of that controversial subject. Campaigns that show a stand get higher buzz and media factors than those that skirt an issue
What to avoid?
• Simplicity - yes, simple is good, but in some cases simplicity is less effective than over-the-top entertainment
• Star power - celebrity endorsements are great, but SDL warns that the brand needs to be the star of its own show, er, commercial. That way viewers know what they are seeing
• Contradictions - celebrity endorsements are powerful, but research potential spokespeople before hiring for a new campaign. Make sure the endorsement fits with brand beliefs
Image via Shutterstock
- Studies ID how Millennials are connecting
- Black Friday UK predicted to break £1bn in online sales
- Smaato: Spending on mobile web ads soars
- Study: What consumers really want from loyalty programs
- Top 4 Tips to Manage Relationship Between Developers, Marketers
- Android steadily catching up Apple on opens and clicks in E.U.
- Survey suggests increasing interest in e-gifts
- Referral key way in which marketers find SEO services
Featured White Papers
- Digital Trends 2015
Download the 2015 Digital Trends report, created in partnership with Econsultancy, to see the trends and tools you need to...