News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to create lasting brand buzz
In a world where the buzz around an event lasts only one news cycle, how can a brand really connect with viewers to increase engagement and create an on-going conversation? The experts at SLD have put together a new infographic aimed at helping brands connect and improve their buzz.
"Considering that brands are investing so much for Super Bowl spots, they want to ensure that they're generating the right type of conversations and driving positive, lasting levels of brand engagement," said Paige O'Neill, CMO at SDL. "Our analysis shows that to be successful, brands must combine a strong story with a tangible link to brand identity and an engaging incentive in order to transfer buzz into longer lasting brand uplift. Without those combined elements, buzz might spike, but it won't be sustainable."
Where to start? SDL's experts suggest:
• Ask for participation - encourage consumers to act on your campaign through incentives and contests. These specific calls to action return 4% higher Commitment Scores than average
• Think continuity - if you already have a series of commercials, make a Super Bowl or Olympics 'event' ad that keeps the existing ad storyline in-tact and moving forward. Campaigns that build on former campaigns have been shown to engage consumers
• Take a stand - don't be afraid of that controversial subject. Campaigns that show a stand get higher buzz and media factors than those that skirt an issue
What to avoid?
• Simplicity - yes, simple is good, but in some cases simplicity is less effective than over-the-top entertainment
• Star power - celebrity endorsements are great, but SDL warns that the brand needs to be the star of its own show, er, commercial. That way viewers know what they are seeing
• Contradictions - celebrity endorsements are powerful, but research potential spokespeople before hiring for a new campaign. Make sure the endorsement fits with brand beliefs
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Look for more gift cards this summer
- Top 3 tips to make your email 'Pitch Perfect'
- Survey: Retailers aren't ready for EMV deadline
- PulsePoint: Content marketing, native future of advertising
- Ad Roundup: Bringing scale to online brands
- Pixalate releases list of top programmatic networks
- How non-profits are succeeding online
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
Featured White Papers
- Retargeting on Facebook by the Numbers: The Analysis of Retargeting in the Center of the Social Web
Over the past two years, advertisers have rapidly adopted retargeting on Facebook to drive key metrics like conversions, app downloads,...
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...