News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to create lasting brand buzz
In a world where the buzz around an event lasts only one news cycle, how can a brand really connect with viewers to increase engagement and create an on-going conversation? The experts at SLD have put together a new infographic aimed at helping brands connect and improve their buzz.
"Considering that brands are investing so much for Super Bowl spots, they want to ensure that they're generating the right type of conversations and driving positive, lasting levels of brand engagement," said Paige O'Neill, CMO at SDL. "Our analysis shows that to be successful, brands must combine a strong story with a tangible link to brand identity and an engaging incentive in order to transfer buzz into longer lasting brand uplift. Without those combined elements, buzz might spike, but it won't be sustainable."
Where to start? SDL's experts suggest:
• Ask for participation - encourage consumers to act on your campaign through incentives and contests. These specific calls to action return 4% higher Commitment Scores than average
• Think continuity - if you already have a series of commercials, make a Super Bowl or Olympics 'event' ad that keeps the existing ad storyline in-tact and moving forward. Campaigns that build on former campaigns have been shown to engage consumers
• Take a stand - don't be afraid of that controversial subject. Campaigns that show a stand get higher buzz and media factors than those that skirt an issue
What to avoid?
• Simplicity - yes, simple is good, but in some cases simplicity is less effective than over-the-top entertainment
• Star power - celebrity endorsements are great, but SDL warns that the brand needs to be the star of its own show, er, commercial. That way viewers know what they are seeing
• Contradictions - celebrity endorsements are powerful, but research potential spokespeople before hiring for a new campaign. Make sure the endorsement fits with brand beliefs
Image via Shutterstock
- Research reveals extent of secondary revenue generation among UK retailers
- Report: Bot attempting to steal gift cards
- Ad Roundup: Analysis basis for releases, expansions
- Half of UK charities have no digital strategy
- Trends to watch for video in 2017
- 78% of over-55s uncomfortable with concept of stores run by robots
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...