News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
The most shared video clips depend on region
Video is a very subjective medium - from the Oscars to funny clips uploaded by college or high school students. That fact is underlined by new research which shows the most shared video content is quite different around the globe.
New research out from Coull shows the best video sharers are outside the US - to the extent that US social networkers don't even make it into the Top 10 for video sharing despite most residents having social network profiles.
"Understanding these trends is critical to driving effective marketing campaigns. Too often, ad spend fails to consider the sharing potential of videos. However, if digital publishers track sharing patterns and measure how their audiences engage with content, this insight can be used to inform not just their own content strategy, but to connect brand advertisers with the type of video content that really resonates with their target market," said Coull's CEO, Irfon Watkins. "People tend to assume that videos featuring celebrity antics on Big Brother or disastrous auditions on Britain's Got Talent are the ones that get shared most widely, but according to our data that's not necessarily the case. Entertainment videos are generally in the top five types of most-shared content, but often it's the more specialist categories, such as Style/Fashion, Sports, Film and Travel, with their highly engaged audiences, that come out on top."
Which countries did make it into the top ten? Coull's research shows:
• Asian countries out-rank the US, UK and Germany for video sharing
• Indonesian consumers share the most video clips at 3 times the average rate
• India, Greece, Thailand and Argentina round out the Top 5
• Indonesian sharers are most likely to share fashion/style content, Indian consumers are most likely to share film or movie trailers
• UK residents are most likely to share travel, news and education clips
• US residents are most likely to share news clips
Image via Shutterstock
- Driving website traffic revealed as retailers' biggest challenge
- Revenues from tablet games to triple in next five years
- Marketers must react to changing consumer behavior caused by technology
- Facebook launches Event ads to appear in Newsfeeds
- UK: Online Christmas shopping to exceed £13 billion
- Top 3 retail tips to personalize across channels
- Expert Advice: Use in-store techniques to sell online
- Twitter helps agency campaigns take off with Flight School
Featured White Papers
- The Truth About Cloud Security
"Security" is the number one issue holding business leaders back from the cloud. But does the reality match the perception?...
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...
- How to Maximize, Manage, and Measure Organic Search
Organic search delivers high-quality traffic and revenue with a high contribution margin. But organic search is hard, and it's getting...