News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
The most shared video clips depend on region
Video is a very subjective medium - from the Oscars to funny clips uploaded by college or high school students. That fact is underlined by new research which shows the most shared video content is quite different around the globe.
New research out from Coull shows the best video sharers are outside the US - to the extent that US social networkers don't even make it into the Top 10 for video sharing despite most residents having social network profiles.
"Understanding these trends is critical to driving effective marketing campaigns. Too often, ad spend fails to consider the sharing potential of videos. However, if digital publishers track sharing patterns and measure how their audiences engage with content, this insight can be used to inform not just their own content strategy, but to connect brand advertisers with the type of video content that really resonates with their target market," said Coull's CEO, Irfon Watkins. "People tend to assume that videos featuring celebrity antics on Big Brother or disastrous auditions on Britain's Got Talent are the ones that get shared most widely, but according to our data that's not necessarily the case. Entertainment videos are generally in the top five types of most-shared content, but often it's the more specialist categories, such as Style/Fashion, Sports, Film and Travel, with their highly engaged audiences, that come out on top."
Which countries did make it into the top ten? Coull's research shows:
• Asian countries out-rank the US, UK and Germany for video sharing
• Indonesian consumers share the most video clips at 3 times the average rate
• India, Greece, Thailand and Argentina round out the Top 5
• Indonesian sharers are most likely to share fashion/style content, Indian consumers are most likely to share film or movie trailers
• UK residents are most likely to share travel, news and education clips
• US residents are most likely to share news clips
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Email and experience tools
- RichRelevance: Site Search key for shoppers
- How loyalty data can improve the shopper experience
- UK consumers will have 12 billion click-to-call conversations this year
- Consumers to brands: Don't call me maybe
- Brands risk reputation when delivery speeds do not match purchaser expectations
- Ad experience improves but ad blocking still rising
- Research reveals power of user-generated images in reviews
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...