News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
The most shared video clips depend on region
Video is a very subjective medium - from the Oscars to funny clips uploaded by college or high school students. That fact is underlined by new research which shows the most shared video content is quite different around the globe.
New research out from Coull shows the best video sharers are outside the US - to the extent that US social networkers don't even make it into the Top 10 for video sharing despite most residents having social network profiles.
"Understanding these trends is critical to driving effective marketing campaigns. Too often, ad spend fails to consider the sharing potential of videos. However, if digital publishers track sharing patterns and measure how their audiences engage with content, this insight can be used to inform not just their own content strategy, but to connect brand advertisers with the type of video content that really resonates with their target market," said Coull's CEO, Irfon Watkins. "People tend to assume that videos featuring celebrity antics on Big Brother or disastrous auditions on Britain's Got Talent are the ones that get shared most widely, but according to our data that's not necessarily the case. Entertainment videos are generally in the top five types of most-shared content, but often it's the more specialist categories, such as Style/Fashion, Sports, Film and Travel, with their highly engaged audiences, that come out on top."
Which countries did make it into the top ten? Coull's research shows:
• Asian countries out-rank the US, UK and Germany for video sharing
• Indonesian consumers share the most video clips at 3 times the average rate
• India, Greece, Thailand and Argentina round out the Top 5
• Indonesian sharers are most likely to share fashion/style content, Indian consumers are most likely to share film or movie trailers
• UK residents are most likely to share travel, news and education clips
• US residents are most likely to share news clips
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...