News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey Says: Brand awareness key to social strategy
The social space still has its growing pains, but savvy marketers are using strategy to get around those painful areas. That according to new data out from a Social Media Marketing University survey which indicates that, because campaign ROI is so hard to measure via social channels, brands have switched strategy to track awareness rather than revenue.
According to a new Social Media Marketing University report most social brands believe Twitter is an effective marketing tool; the problem comes with how brands can tally customer engagement. And, from engagement, how they leap from awareness to sales conversion. Which is why, according to the survey, many aren't looking to Twitter to increase direct sales and instead rely on the social network to increase brands awareness. More than 40% of respondents said the biggest challenges to using Twitter were measuring campaign ROI/results and building an audience.
Other than increasing brand awareness (79%), marketers surveyed said they use Twitter to push website traffic (58%) or to engage existing customers (55%) or to find new customers (51%). About one-third are using Twitter to build loyalty.
Other interesting findings include:
• 8% have used Twitter's paid services, 16% didn't know Twitter offered paid services, 43% said they know but haven't yet used paid services
• Only 2% have used VINE services, 88% are using hashtags and 64% are using images/photos
• Most (87%) tweet 1 to 5 times each day
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...