News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey Says: Brand awareness key to social strategy
The social space still has its growing pains, but savvy marketers are using strategy to get around those painful areas. That according to new data out from a Social Media Marketing University survey which indicates that, because campaign ROI is so hard to measure via social channels, brands have switched strategy to track awareness rather than revenue.
According to a new Social Media Marketing University report most social brands believe Twitter is an effective marketing tool; the problem comes with how brands can tally customer engagement. And, from engagement, how they leap from awareness to sales conversion. Which is why, according to the survey, many aren't looking to Twitter to increase direct sales and instead rely on the social network to increase brands awareness. More than 40% of respondents said the biggest challenges to using Twitter were measuring campaign ROI/results and building an audience.
Other than increasing brand awareness (79%), marketers surveyed said they use Twitter to push website traffic (58%) or to engage existing customers (55%) or to find new customers (51%). About one-third are using Twitter to build loyalty.
Other interesting findings include:
• 8% have used Twitter's paid services, 16% didn't know Twitter offered paid services, 43% said they know but haven't yet used paid services
• Only 2% have used VINE services, 88% are using hashtags and 64% are using images/photos
• Most (87%) tweet 1 to 5 times each day
Image via Shutterstock
- Forecast: More to invest in multi-screen ads
- Forrester: Mobile social users more engaged, share more
- Top 3 tips for SMBs using webinars
- Air passengers demand constant connectivity and fast in-flight Wi-Fi
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
- Shareaholic: Quarter of website traffic driven by Facebook
- B2B firms struggling with content marketing
- Brands piggy-backing on major events not guaranteed success
Featured White Papers
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...