News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Mobile shoppers want live chat
It is accepted that mobile shoppers are extremely in-market - as in ready to buy tickets or a dress or visit a coffee shop at that moment. But new data out from Contact Solutions gives us new insight into what mobile shoppers want while they are shopping. Hint: it isn't just the item, it's the contact.
A new survey out from Contact Solutions finds that mobile shoppers want more contact than many retailers are ready to give. According to their report nearly three-quarters (73%) of shoppers said they 'would use apps' that offered live chat options.
The underlying problem found by the survey is that many shoppers feel their needs aren't currently being met - they want more contact with retailers and brands - especially in the mobile channels.
"The data in this survey doesn't lie - consumers are fundamentally unhappy with the state of customer service, especially when it comes to their mobile service interactions," said Michael Boustridge, CEO of ContactSolutions. "The first line of defense against customer complaints is your contact center, and to start meeting the needs of customers, companies mustdevelop a strategy that effectively meets the needs of consumers, while also providing them with a positive, interactive engagement with the brand."
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• Shoppers feel they can't 'solve problems' via mobile
• Shoppers find it hard to switch how they communicate with brands
• Shoppers feel they can't begin customer service inquiries at a convenient-for-them time
Image via Shutterstock
- Report: Facebook tops Google for display growth
- Top 3 tips to improve document search
- Ad Roundup: SaaS, partnerships and increased feedback
- Facebook increases push to ecommerce
- Do you really want 5-star product reviews?
- Survey: Half-million spent to recover from cyber attacks
- Ad Roundup: Trio of releases for small businesses
- Third of Brits struggling to cope with data overload
Featured White Papers
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...