News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Personalization pushes more purchases
New data out from MyBuys and the e-tailing group finds personalization is pushing more purchases, a good thing for retailers. Whats more these shoppers aren't just engaging from display ads but across channels and devices, giving retailers and other brands more opportunities to increase awareness and drive engagement.
According to the report about half of shoppers buy more from brands using cross-channel personalization strategies; that number goes up for Millennials (69%). The study also found most (83%) want to be 'recognized' across channels and devices so that the experience and content remains relevant but three-quarters (77%) think retailers aren't using personalization strategies across devices.
"Our research shows that the majority of consumers want to be recognized across devices and realize that they buy more with cross channel personalization, yet only 23 percent of shoppers think the retailers where they shop online do a good job of recognizing them across devices and personalizing the shopping experience consistently across them," said e-tailing group President Lauren Freedman. "Consumers expect to be known across the web and the predictive marketing technology fueling MyBuys positions the company as the solution provider that can do it."
To that end, MyBuys has released the MyAds platform to the public; the platform uses three display ad solutions: MyAds Acquisition, Retargeting and Reactivation. The ads can be used to target new shoppers to the brand, to retarget shoppers who leave a site without making a purchase and to re-engage shoppers so that they return to the site post-purchase.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile video a compliment to TV
- Mobile sites leaving customers hungry
- Survey: Most create videos as keepsakes
- Ad RoundUp: Ecommerce deployments key in on data
- Online and mobile shopping experience still failing to meet consumer expectations
- Which products have the highest online browse-to-buy correlation?
- Millennials: Speed and high-quality images the difference between bounce or buy on mobile
- Smartphone shopping up but revenue remains low
Featured White Papers
- 7 ways the mobile consumer changes everything infographic
Download the infographic "7 Ways the Mobile Consumer Changes Everything" to learn how to optimize your web content for mobile,...
- Re-Engineer Your Business For Mobile Moments
More than ever, customers are turning to their mobile devices to browse, shop, and research. This increase in usage puts...