News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Personalization pushes more purchases
New data out from MyBuys and the e-tailing group finds personalization is pushing more purchases, a good thing for retailers. Whats more these shoppers aren't just engaging from display ads but across channels and devices, giving retailers and other brands more opportunities to increase awareness and drive engagement.
According to the report about half of shoppers buy more from brands using cross-channel personalization strategies; that number goes up for Millennials (69%). The study also found most (83%) want to be 'recognized' across channels and devices so that the experience and content remains relevant but three-quarters (77%) think retailers aren't using personalization strategies across devices.
"Our research shows that the majority of consumers want to be recognized across devices and realize that they buy more with cross channel personalization, yet only 23 percent of shoppers think the retailers where they shop online do a good job of recognizing them across devices and personalizing the shopping experience consistently across them," said e-tailing group President Lauren Freedman. "Consumers expect to be known across the web and the predictive marketing technology fueling MyBuys positions the company as the solution provider that can do it."
To that end, MyBuys has released the MyAds platform to the public; the platform uses three display ad solutions: MyAds Acquisition, Retargeting and Reactivation. The ads can be used to target new shoppers to the brand, to retarget shoppers who leave a site without making a purchase and to re-engage shoppers so that they return to the site post-purchase.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study dispels myth that 15-24 year olds are the true 'digital natives'
- Top 3 tips to better optimize branded content
- Programmatic spending skyrockets through Nexage Markeplace
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
- Consumers prefer SMS to apps for brand communications
- Physical stores still popular with young fashion shoppers
Featured White Papers
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...