News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Personalization pushes more purchases
New data out from MyBuys and the e-tailing group finds personalization is pushing more purchases, a good thing for retailers. Whats more these shoppers aren't just engaging from display ads but across channels and devices, giving retailers and other brands more opportunities to increase awareness and drive engagement.
According to the report about half of shoppers buy more from brands using cross-channel personalization strategies; that number goes up for Millennials (69%). The study also found most (83%) want to be 'recognized' across channels and devices so that the experience and content remains relevant but three-quarters (77%) think retailers aren't using personalization strategies across devices.
"Our research shows that the majority of consumers want to be recognized across devices and realize that they buy more with cross channel personalization, yet only 23 percent of shoppers think the retailers where they shop online do a good job of recognizing them across devices and personalizing the shopping experience consistently across them," said e-tailing group President Lauren Freedman. "Consumers expect to be known across the web and the predictive marketing technology fueling MyBuys positions the company as the solution provider that can do it."
To that end, MyBuys has released the MyAds platform to the public; the platform uses three display ad solutions: MyAds Acquisition, Retargeting and Reactivation. The ads can be used to target new shoppers to the brand, to retarget shoppers who leave a site without making a purchase and to re-engage shoppers so that they return to the site post-purchase.
Image via Shutterstock
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Blueprints for Social Network Success
The Big 6 social networks offer tremendous marketing opportunites--and each one is very different. That's why Spredfast has assembled our...
- CRM's Dirty Little Secret: How to Avoid CRM Sticker Shock
The way companies use and pay for customer relationship management software has changed significantly over the past decade. Moving from...