News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: People shopping more - from work
Hey, bosses, think you know what employees are doing on those long lunches, coffee breaks...or even what that screen was he just shut down when you walked by? Chances are they aren't on Facebook or IMing with home. Chances are they are shopping.
According to new data out from Ebates the new number one place to shop online - is via a mobile device at work. Ebates researchers found that about 11% of Americans are shopping daily from a mobile device and that more than one-third (35%) are shopping mobilly from work. Overall half say they shop via mobile device during other activities - including children's ball games and family reunions.
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 6 in 10 are shopping mobile for convenience
• 52% say they shop mobile to save time
• 49% say they shop via mobile because they are bored
"Mobile shoppers can count on Ebates to help them get the most bang for their buck," said Kevin H. Johnson, CEO of Ebates, Inc. "We offer a mobile app for both Android and iOS so that no matter what device you prefer, you can always get the best deals, cash back and shipping offers from your favorite stores anytime, anywhere."
About half (55%) are also using mobile devices in-store; they are comparison shopping in many cases or using mobile devices to scan coupons, get cash back details or 'layering' electronic coupons.
As for what they are buying, most mobile sessions aren't for high-end goods. About one-third say they shop via mobile for clothing, music or books while between 20% and 30% say they shop mobiles for games, movies and travel bookings.
Image via Shutterstock
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
- Consumers prefer SMS to apps for brand communications
- Physical stores still popular with young fashion shoppers
- Britain has more female gamers than male
- Permission-based email marketers still finding inbox placement hard work
- Study: Mobile driving travel plans
Featured White Papers
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...