News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: People shopping more - from work
Hey, bosses, think you know what employees are doing on those long lunches, coffee breaks...or even what that screen was he just shut down when you walked by? Chances are they aren't on Facebook or IMing with home. Chances are they are shopping.
According to new data out from Ebates the new number one place to shop online - is via a mobile device at work. Ebates researchers found that about 11% of Americans are shopping daily from a mobile device and that more than one-third (35%) are shopping mobilly from work. Overall half say they shop via mobile device during other activities - including children's ball games and family reunions.
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 6 in 10 are shopping mobile for convenience
• 52% say they shop mobile to save time
• 49% say they shop via mobile because they are bored
"Mobile shoppers can count on Ebates to help them get the most bang for their buck," said Kevin H. Johnson, CEO of Ebates, Inc. "We offer a mobile app for both Android and iOS so that no matter what device you prefer, you can always get the best deals, cash back and shipping offers from your favorite stores anytime, anywhere."
About half (55%) are also using mobile devices in-store; they are comparison shopping in many cases or using mobile devices to scan coupons, get cash back details or 'layering' electronic coupons.
As for what they are buying, most mobile sessions aren't for high-end goods. About one-third say they shop via mobile for clothing, music or books while between 20% and 30% say they shop mobiles for games, movies and travel bookings.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...