News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Mobile users want home screen options
Turns out mobile users want more from their devices. And the more is starting with customized home screens. That is the takeaway from a new infographic out from Mobile Posse and Phoenix Marketing International. According to their findings upwards of 40% of mobile users are 'interested' in home screen options.
More than half of mobile users report they are now picking up their phones to 'kill time'; meanwhile nearly half (40%) of mobile users say they are 'extremely interested' in customized home screens for their mobile devices. Those customizations might include weather data, ads/content from their favorite brands or bloggers or local news. And, in most cases, can be ad-supported.
Other findings from the Mobile Possereport include:
• 75% of mobile users utilize retail and traffic apps, 72% access entertainment apps
• Nearly 70% access news/sports/weather apps
• 68% to 70% are 'fanatical' about their use of social media and gaming apps
As for what mobile users are looking for in a home screen app, most agree that home-screen apps should be free while more than two-thirds (68%) want a home screen option that allows them to customize the content. Mobile users are also interested in home screen apps that are simple to dismiss (57%) and that don't impact their use of the phone. And, they don't want to be interrupted by home screen options - so no push notifications or other interruptions, say 46% of those surveyed.
Image via Shutterstock
- Time watching TV remains the same, but different
- Optimove integration allows targeted campaigns via Google Ads
- Brands: How speech analytics can work for you
- Study reveals SMBs don't know credit scores
- Expert: How ad blocking can work for brands
- All hail Uber
- Social media platforms failing to adequately monitor hate speech
- Top 4 email worst practices and solutions
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...