News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Mobile users want home screen options
Turns out mobile users want more from their devices. And the more is starting with customized home screens. That is the takeaway from a new infographic out from Mobile Posse and Phoenix Marketing International. According to their findings upwards of 40% of mobile users are 'interested' in home screen options.
More than half of mobile users report they are now picking up their phones to 'kill time'; meanwhile nearly half (40%) of mobile users say they are 'extremely interested' in customized home screens for their mobile devices. Those customizations might include weather data, ads/content from their favorite brands or bloggers or local news. And, in most cases, can be ad-supported.
Other findings from the Mobile Possereport include:
• 75% of mobile users utilize retail and traffic apps, 72% access entertainment apps
• Nearly 70% access news/sports/weather apps
• 68% to 70% are 'fanatical' about their use of social media and gaming apps
As for what mobile users are looking for in a home screen app, most agree that home-screen apps should be free while more than two-thirds (68%) want a home screen option that allows them to customize the content. Mobile users are also interested in home screen apps that are simple to dismiss (57%) and that don't impact their use of the phone. And, they don't want to be interrupted by home screen options - so no push notifications or other interruptions, say 46% of those surveyed.
Image via Shutterstock
- Colors affect sharing behavior on Pinterest
- Survey highlights importance of returns process to consumer loyalty
- 45% of marketers to invest in events during 2015
- Barclays Bank launches Twitter payments
- Advertising for young children looks promising on a new YouTube app for kids
- Twitter responses to customer queries slow and sloppy
- App channel worth over £4 billion to UK brands
- Facebook: 2 million advertisers milestone and new mobile ad manager
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- How to Promote and Measure Hashtag Campaigns
A single hashtag can connect your brand messaging across each of the major social networks. Learn how hashtags can be...