News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Studies: Mobiles want local data, authentication needs help
More and more consumers are looking to mobile for their next purchase - and that includes mobile users who are shopping locally.
According to new data from Apigee mobile apps are growing in popularity with 66% of shoppers saying they use apps to shop in-store:
• 8 in 10 smartphone users say mobile devices have changed how they shop
• 79% say they're shopping will continue to evolve over the next 2 years
• Shoppers give stores-with-apps 23-points-higher favorability scores
• Half of shoppers say simple interfaces are store-finder options are 'critical'
Meanwhile new data out from tyntec indicates many one-time passwords created by consumers are invalid. This is leading many businesses to incorporate SMS based two-factor authentication. However, according to tyntec this is failing, as well, because invalid mobile numbers are entered by consumers.
"To service providers looking to increase security for their users, the ability to pre-verify mobile numbers is essential. In addition to accruing costs in messaging fees, invalid mobile numbers also result in unauthenticated One-Time Passwords, un-activated accounts and un-met expectations on behalf of both the sender and end-user," said Thorsten Trapp, Co-Founder and CTO of tyntec. "Companies therefore need to ensure that they strike a balance between cost and reliability from the beginning. By performing a validity check of the mobile numbers provided in real-time, companies can instantly notify users of the mistake and allow access to vital services that they've requested or subscribed to. As a result, service providers can improve customer satisfaction with fewer complaints, reduced customer support costs and higher conversion rates."
tyntec's OTP SMS service is one option suggests to verify mobile numbers so that the issues with authentication can be avoided.
Image via Shutterstock
- Less than half of consumers satisfied with retail app experience
- Study: Order struggles a problem for B2B
- Ad Roundup: Solution expansions, investments
- Expert: Consent, Identity key for businesses
- UK ad viewability levels stagnate
- Ecommerce Roundup: Shipping, experience key to satisfaction
- Survey: Recruiting a struggle for IT departments
- Study: Mobile consumers want control
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...