News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Studies: Mobiles want local data, authentication needs help
More and more consumers are looking to mobile for their next purchase - and that includes mobile users who are shopping locally.
According to new data from Apigee mobile apps are growing in popularity with 66% of shoppers saying they use apps to shop in-store:
• 8 in 10 smartphone users say mobile devices have changed how they shop
• 79% say they're shopping will continue to evolve over the next 2 years
• Shoppers give stores-with-apps 23-points-higher favorability scores
• Half of shoppers say simple interfaces are store-finder options are 'critical'
Meanwhile new data out from tyntec indicates many one-time passwords created by consumers are invalid. This is leading many businesses to incorporate SMS based two-factor authentication. However, according to tyntec this is failing, as well, because invalid mobile numbers are entered by consumers.
"To service providers looking to increase security for their users, the ability to pre-verify mobile numbers is essential. In addition to accruing costs in messaging fees, invalid mobile numbers also result in unauthenticated One-Time Passwords, un-activated accounts and un-met expectations on behalf of both the sender and end-user," said Thorsten Trapp, Co-Founder and CTO of tyntec. "Companies therefore need to ensure that they strike a balance between cost and reliability from the beginning. By performing a validity check of the mobile numbers provided in real-time, companies can instantly notify users of the mistake and allow access to vital services that they've requested or subscribed to. As a result, service providers can improve customer satisfaction with fewer complaints, reduced customer support costs and higher conversion rates."
tyntec's OTP SMS service is one option suggests to verify mobile numbers so that the issues with authentication can be avoided.
Image via Shutterstock
- Forrester: Mobile social users more engaged, share more
- Top 3 tips for SMBs using webinars
- Air passengers demand constant connectivity and fast in-flight Wi-Fi
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
- Shareaholic: Quarter of website traffic driven by Facebook
- B2B firms struggling with content marketing
- Brands piggy-backing on major events not guaranteed success
- Expert: Why SMBs are pushing farther into digital
Featured White Papers
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...