News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports show mobile ad spending on the up
eMarketer predicts the mobile ad spend will push past $31 billion this year with Facebook and Google pushing much of the growth. But it isn't just search giants or social networks who are seeing mobile results and that is thanks to the swift uptick in mobile devices.
And over the past year Millennial Media has seen a new trend on their network - sports. According to the Millennial Media 2013 Year in Review sports advertising on mobile increased nearly 500% from 2012 through 2013. Researchers further found that both the employment and CPG verticals increase their mobile spending by more than 125%.
Not only are advertising pushing more money into mobile avenues, they are changing how they look at mobile advertising. Millennial's report indicates the goal of mobile advertisers has shifted from product launches and overall presence to a traffic focus.
Meanwhile new data out from dotMobi shed light on the differences - and similarities - in mobile use across the two biggest platforms: Android and Apple's iOS. According to the Global Device Traffic report:
• Apple devices are most-used in the US, UK, Australia, Canada and Western Europe
• In the US 62% of non-desktop traffic comes from an Apple device
• Android devices are used most in 67 of the 101 countries that track data use
• In China seven 'local' mobile brands dominate the mobile landscape; HTC and Samsung are also popular
How can brands run with these mobile trends to increase their own presence?
"The mobile ad and paid search markets have seen a lot of love in the past couple of months. More and more consumers are browsing on the go and marketers are looking to make the most of mobile search trends. In order to bring high-intent customers to their brand, marketers need to integrate mobile strategies like click-to-call, which make it easy for consumers to get faster answers to their questions and lead to higher conversion rates for marketers," said Eric Holmen, Invoca CMO.
According to Marin Software mobile clicks will account for about half of paid search clicks by 2015.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 retail tips to personalize across channels
- Expert Advice: Use in-store techniques to sell online
- Twitter helps agency campaigns take off with Flight School
- Top 3 tips to improve employee productivity
- Retailers: Why you need live online assistance for the 2014 holidays
- Top 3 tips to create better transactional email messages
- Facebook enables ad targeting by connection speed
- UK: Lousy public holiday weather drives take-out food search surge
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...
- How to Maximize, Manage, and Measure Organic Search
Organic search delivers high-quality traffic and revenue with a high contribution margin. But organic search is hard, and it's getting...