News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: Mobile device use increasing in France
More French consumers are looking to the mobile web, and not just for shopping ease. That is the takeaway from a new report out from the International Data Corporation which shows France's online base is increasingly turning to tablets and smartphones to connect.
Recent comScore data shows what is most engaging for French consumers: content.
According to comScore's research about 70% of French internet users visit news and information websites each month; in November (2013) their research found more than 35 million French consumers visited these kinds of sites from either desktop or laptop devices. Le Monde information sites led with time on-site averaging just over 26 minutes per visitor.
Back to the International Data Corporation (IDC) data which reports the French are increasingly engaged with mobile devices. Their data shows 2013 purchases of smart/connected devices increased about 7%; that is more than 35 million shipments for the year. Tablet shipments increased about 60%.
The growth in the French mobile market mirrors growth cycles in both the US and UK. The IDC report indicates that tablet consumers make up about 46% of France's online base and about 30% of the general population. Other interesting findings from the report include:
• Tablet and '2 in 1' (laptop/tablet combo) shipments totaled over 6 million units
• Smartphone shipments increased about 3% but still hold the highest mobile share for devices
• Apple and Hewlett-Packard top the manufacturer share lists
Image via Shutterstock
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
- Top 3 tips to win with social this holiday season
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...