News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: Mobile device use increasing in France
More French consumers are looking to the mobile web, and not just for shopping ease. That is the takeaway from a new report out from the International Data Corporation which shows France's online base is increasingly turning to tablets and smartphones to connect.
Recent comScore data shows what is most engaging for French consumers: content.
According to comScore's research about 70% of French internet users visit news and information websites each month; in November (2013) their research found more than 35 million French consumers visited these kinds of sites from either desktop or laptop devices. Le Monde information sites led with time on-site averaging just over 26 minutes per visitor.
Back to the International Data Corporation (IDC) data which reports the French are increasingly engaged with mobile devices. Their data shows 2013 purchases of smart/connected devices increased about 7%; that is more than 35 million shipments for the year. Tablet shipments increased about 60%.
The growth in the French mobile market mirrors growth cycles in both the US and UK. The IDC report indicates that tablet consumers make up about 46% of France's online base and about 30% of the general population. Other interesting findings from the report include:
• Tablet and '2 in 1' (laptop/tablet combo) shipments totaled over 6 million units
• Smartphone shipments increased about 3% but still hold the highest mobile share for devices
• Apple and Hewlett-Packard top the manufacturer share lists
Image via Shutterstock
- Mobile Roundup: Mobile wallets upping the retail ante
- Report: US, UK users vulnerable because of passwords
- Study: Images linked to email success
- Millennial Media: Video increases engagement
- UK brands fail to improve customer service response rates
- 53% of marketers crave more customer data
- Mother's Day: Flowers a popular gift, but Mom wants tech
- UK: Online spending and deliveries break records
Featured White Papers
- Measure What Matters: Five Features to Enable Now On Google Analytics
Google Analytics is an excellent tool for gaining insights into user behavior and gathering data for site optimization. Unfortunately, in...
- A lot of what you know about email marketing could be wrong
There is a lot of email-marketing advice floating around out there. And, frankly, a lot of it is bad. Hunches...