News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Social pushing coupon search, use
When it comes to buying new products, even those shoppers are familiar with, the deal is the thing. And shoppers are looking for deals in all the online corners - including social media. That, according to the Valassis Shopper Marketing Report.
Couponing in on the increase according to new data out from Valassis. According to their research 40% of shoppers say they used more coupons in 2013 than in 2012. The report also finds the younger consumers are out-couponing their older counterparts. According to the report:
• 71% of those looking for coupons have begun a search after hearing about a deal on social media
• 85% of those using coupons search online
• 67% say they have 'showroomed'
• 40% say they share/trade coupons via social media
"Marketers have access to a wealth of data and media choices. These results highlight the need for considering multiple touch points to deliver the right message using the right blend of print, digital and in-store media," said Lisa Reynolds, Valassis Vice President, Brand Strategy and Campaign Solutions. "With a holistic view of the consumer, marketers can best identify their target audience and optimal ways to reach and activate them along their path to purchase."
The coupon-searches aren't just happening at home, either. About one-quarter say they are using smartphones to find coupons/deals.
As for the demographics most likely to look to coupons - 92% of Millennials surveyed say they use coupons to plan shopping lists. About half say they're increased their use of coupons in the past year. Hispanics, also, are engaging with coupons. More than 90% of Hispanics surveyed say they download coupons from retailer sites while 70% say they've used coupons found on social media.
Image via Shutterstock
- SMBs: How to remain visible during the election push
- Brands: How to prepare for a non-Flash environment
- BrightEdge: Brands are missing consumer engagement with content
- Experts weigh in on the death of Flash
- Study finds payment issues top affiliates' complaint list
- Study: Indian mobile use skyrocketing
- How travel brands can stop fraud
- Cart abandonment rates lower for charities than other sectors
Featured White Papers
- The Step-By-Step Guide to Building Your Custom Attribution Model
Solving the attribution problem will be one of the most important things you do to boost ROI for your organization....
- What drives Email Open Rates
eDataSource compares certain quarterly email engagement metrics across five somewhat similar retailers, based on our visibility into the email activity...