News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report reveals mobile's leading role in movie selection and ticketing
The Interactive Advertising Bureau's Mobile Center, InMobi and Decision Fuel teamed up to take a look at the role that mobile plays in the selection of movies and ticket purchase.
The research found that mobile does indeed play a significant role among moviegoers. Among moviegoers, half said they watched a movie in a theatre at least once a month and 18% go three or more times each month. Half said that they use their mobile device to find out more about movie options, more so than those who use PCs (39%) or print media (26%).
The habit of turning to mobile to find out what's on at the movies is becoming ingrained with half (49%) of moviegoers using their mobile "always" or "very often" to plan their viewing.
For movie makers, the art of engaging mobile users is to integrate mobile with other media, particularly as 87% of moviegoers use their mobile device after seeing movie promotions on other channels such as television or in print.
When it comes to purchasing tickets 30% of moviegoers do so via their mobile device, only slightly less than those who purchase via PC (34%), or at the box office just prior to the movie showing (35%).
"Mobile moviegoers use their phones at all stages throughout the movie trip process--during pre-show activities such as planning and purchasing, at the theater to "check-in", and after the show to plan other events," writes Joe Laszlo, Senior Director, Mobile Marketing Center of Excellence, on the IAB blog. "All of these stages in the movie path-to-purchase are opportunities to reach these people and influence what they go see, incentivize them to spread the word, and encourage their next trip to the theater."
Image via Shutterstock
- Reports: Strong start to holiday season
- Expert: What will drive mobile in 2016
- More than half of consumers would pay for better customer care from preferred brands
- UK mobile email open rates at highest ever but conversions in decline
- More than three-quarters of all Black Friday mobile orders made on an Apple device
- Brands: How to better use reviews for your business
- How to keep customers loyal through the holidays
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...