News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report reveals mobile's leading role in movie selection and ticketing
The Interactive Advertising Bureau's Mobile Center, InMobi and Decision Fuel teamed up to take a look at the role that mobile plays in the selection of movies and ticket purchase.
The research found that mobile does indeed play a significant role among moviegoers. Among moviegoers, half said they watched a movie in a theatre at least once a month and 18% go three or more times each month. Half said that they use their mobile device to find out more about movie options, more so than those who use PCs (39%) or print media (26%).
The habit of turning to mobile to find out what's on at the movies is becoming ingrained with half (49%) of moviegoers using their mobile "always" or "very often" to plan their viewing.
For movie makers, the art of engaging mobile users is to integrate mobile with other media, particularly as 87% of moviegoers use their mobile device after seeing movie promotions on other channels such as television or in print.
When it comes to purchasing tickets 30% of moviegoers do so via their mobile device, only slightly less than those who purchase via PC (34%), or at the box office just prior to the movie showing (35%).
"Mobile moviegoers use their phones at all stages throughout the movie trip process--during pre-show activities such as planning and purchasing, at the theater to "check-in", and after the show to plan other events," writes Joe Laszlo, Senior Director, Mobile Marketing Center of Excellence, on the IAB blog. "All of these stages in the movie path-to-purchase are opportunities to reach these people and influence what they go see, incentivize them to spread the word, and encourage their next trip to the theater."
Image via Shutterstock
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...