News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report reveals mobile's leading role in movie selection and ticketing
The Interactive Advertising Bureau's Mobile Center, InMobi and Decision Fuel teamed up to take a look at the role that mobile plays in the selection of movies and ticket purchase.
The research found that mobile does indeed play a significant role among moviegoers. Among moviegoers, half said they watched a movie in a theatre at least once a month and 18% go three or more times each month. Half said that they use their mobile device to find out more about movie options, more so than those who use PCs (39%) or print media (26%).
The habit of turning to mobile to find out what's on at the movies is becoming ingrained with half (49%) of moviegoers using their mobile "always" or "very often" to plan their viewing.
For movie makers, the art of engaging mobile users is to integrate mobile with other media, particularly as 87% of moviegoers use their mobile device after seeing movie promotions on other channels such as television or in print.
When it comes to purchasing tickets 30% of moviegoers do so via their mobile device, only slightly less than those who purchase via PC (34%), or at the box office just prior to the movie showing (35%).
"Mobile moviegoers use their phones at all stages throughout the movie trip process--during pre-show activities such as planning and purchasing, at the theater to "check-in", and after the show to plan other events," writes Joe Laszlo, Senior Director, Mobile Marketing Center of Excellence, on the IAB blog. "All of these stages in the movie path-to-purchase are opportunities to reach these people and influence what they go see, incentivize them to spread the word, and encourage their next trip to the theater."
Image via Shutterstock
- Experiences - not amenities - create most social media chatter about hotels
- Younger consumers will share personal data in exchange for more accurate search results
- Forecast: App store spend to increase 33%
- Report shows Southwest winning digital airline wars
- Expert: Why unsubscribes aren't necessarily bad
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...