News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report reveals mobile's leading role in movie selection and ticketing
The Interactive Advertising Bureau's Mobile Center, InMobi and Decision Fuel teamed up to take a look at the role that mobile plays in the selection of movies and ticket purchase.
The research found that mobile does indeed play a significant role among moviegoers. Among moviegoers, half said they watched a movie in a theatre at least once a month and 18% go three or more times each month. Half said that they use their mobile device to find out more about movie options, more so than those who use PCs (39%) or print media (26%).
The habit of turning to mobile to find out what's on at the movies is becoming ingrained with half (49%) of moviegoers using their mobile "always" or "very often" to plan their viewing.
For movie makers, the art of engaging mobile users is to integrate mobile with other media, particularly as 87% of moviegoers use their mobile device after seeing movie promotions on other channels such as television or in print.
When it comes to purchasing tickets 30% of moviegoers do so via their mobile device, only slightly less than those who purchase via PC (34%), or at the box office just prior to the movie showing (35%).
"Mobile moviegoers use their phones at all stages throughout the movie trip process--during pre-show activities such as planning and purchasing, at the theater to "check-in", and after the show to plan other events," writes Joe Laszlo, Senior Director, Mobile Marketing Center of Excellence, on the IAB blog. "All of these stages in the movie path-to-purchase are opportunities to reach these people and influence what they go see, incentivize them to spread the word, and encourage their next trip to the theater."
Image via Shutterstock
- Driving website traffic revealed as retailers' biggest challenge
- Revenues from tablet games to triple in next five years
- Marketers must react to changing consumer behavior caused by technology
- Facebook launches Event ads to appear in Newsfeeds
- UK: Online Christmas shopping to exceed £13 billion
- Top 3 retail tips to personalize across channels
- Expert Advice: Use in-store techniques to sell online
- Twitter helps agency campaigns take off with Flight School
Featured White Papers
- The Truth About Cloud Security
"Security" is the number one issue holding business leaders back from the cloud. But does the reality match the perception?...
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...
- How to Maximize, Manage, and Measure Organic Search
Organic search delivers high-quality traffic and revenue with a high contribution margin. But organic search is hard, and it's getting...