News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Millennials spending more time with UGC
In January comScore reports more than 183 million Americans tuned in to nearly 49 billion video clips online; a staggering 26.9 billion of those views were for video ads. But it isn't only professionally produced advertising or even movie trailers that are engaging content viewers.
New data out from CrowdTap dives deeper into the content trend and finds Millennials, especially, are engaging with user generated content rather than professionally produced clips and snippets.
The research, conducted with Ipsos Media CT and the Social Media Ad Consortium, found that millennials are finding user generated content (UGC) about 35% 'more memorable' that their older counterparts and that they trust user generated content more than traditional clips and snips.
Other interesting findings include:
• Millennials say social networking is more important than any other media consumption
• 71% say they use social networks at least daily
• Millennials spend about one-third (30%) of their time with user generated content, 5 hours per day
• The time spent with only UGC equals the time they spend with radio, print and television daily
"Given the study findings, UGC empowers marketers with greater access to millennials' time, a more trusted channel to deliver brand messages and a more memorable experience. This combination provides a unique medium and if leveraged correctly, gives brands the opportunity to be influential by leveraging UGC," was written in the report.
All told researchers found Millennials spend about 18 hours per day with different electronic devices.
Image via Shutterstock
- SMBs: How to remain visible during the election push
- Brands: How to prepare for a non-Flash environment
- BrightEdge: Brands are missing consumer engagement with content
- Experts weigh in on the death of Flash
- Study finds payment issues top affiliates' complaint list
- Study: Indian mobile use skyrocketing
- How travel brands can stop fraud
- Cart abandonment rates lower for charities than other sectors
Featured White Papers
- The Step-By-Step Guide to Building Your Custom Attribution Model
Solving the attribution problem will be one of the most important things you do to boost ROI for your organization....
- What drives Email Open Rates
eDataSource compares certain quarterly email engagement metrics across five somewhat similar retailers, based on our visibility into the email activity...