News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Millennials spending more time with UGC
In January comScore reports more than 183 million Americans tuned in to nearly 49 billion video clips online; a staggering 26.9 billion of those views were for video ads. But it isn't only professionally produced advertising or even movie trailers that are engaging content viewers.
New data out from CrowdTap dives deeper into the content trend and finds Millennials, especially, are engaging with user generated content rather than professionally produced clips and snippets.
The research, conducted with Ipsos Media CT and the Social Media Ad Consortium, found that millennials are finding user generated content (UGC) about 35% 'more memorable' that their older counterparts and that they trust user generated content more than traditional clips and snips.
Other interesting findings include:
• Millennials say social networking is more important than any other media consumption
• 71% say they use social networks at least daily
• Millennials spend about one-third (30%) of their time with user generated content, 5 hours per day
• The time spent with only UGC equals the time they spend with radio, print and television daily
"Given the study findings, UGC empowers marketers with greater access to millennials' time, a more trusted channel to deliver brand messages and a more memorable experience. This combination provides a unique medium and if leveraged correctly, gives brands the opportunity to be influential by leveraging UGC," was written in the report.
All told researchers found Millennials spend about 18 hours per day with different electronic devices.
Image via Shutterstock
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...