News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Millennials spending more time with UGC
In January comScore reports more than 183 million Americans tuned in to nearly 49 billion video clips online; a staggering 26.9 billion of those views were for video ads. But it isn't only professionally produced advertising or even movie trailers that are engaging content viewers.
New data out from CrowdTap dives deeper into the content trend and finds Millennials, especially, are engaging with user generated content rather than professionally produced clips and snippets.
The research, conducted with Ipsos Media CT and the Social Media Ad Consortium, found that millennials are finding user generated content (UGC) about 35% 'more memorable' that their older counterparts and that they trust user generated content more than traditional clips and snips.
Other interesting findings include:
• Millennials say social networking is more important than any other media consumption
• 71% say they use social networks at least daily
• Millennials spend about one-third (30%) of their time with user generated content, 5 hours per day
• The time spent with only UGC equals the time they spend with radio, print and television daily
"Given the study findings, UGC empowers marketers with greater access to millennials' time, a more trusted channel to deliver brand messages and a more memorable experience. This combination provides a unique medium and if leveraged correctly, gives brands the opportunity to be influential by leveraging UGC," was written in the report.
All told researchers found Millennials spend about 18 hours per day with different electronic devices.
Image via Shutterstock
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Blueprints for Social Network Success
The Big 6 social networks offer tremendous marketing opportunites--and each one is very different. That's why Spredfast has assembled our...
- CRM's Dirty Little Secret: How to Avoid CRM Sticker Shock
The way companies use and pay for customer relationship management software has changed significantly over the past decade. Moving from...