News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Millennials spending more time with UGC
In January comScore reports more than 183 million Americans tuned in to nearly 49 billion video clips online; a staggering 26.9 billion of those views were for video ads. But it isn't only professionally produced advertising or even movie trailers that are engaging content viewers.
New data out from CrowdTap dives deeper into the content trend and finds Millennials, especially, are engaging with user generated content rather than professionally produced clips and snippets.
The research, conducted with Ipsos Media CT and the Social Media Ad Consortium, found that millennials are finding user generated content (UGC) about 35% 'more memorable' that their older counterparts and that they trust user generated content more than traditional clips and snips.
Other interesting findings include:
• Millennials say social networking is more important than any other media consumption
• 71% say they use social networks at least daily
• Millennials spend about one-third (30%) of their time with user generated content, 5 hours per day
• The time spent with only UGC equals the time they spend with radio, print and television daily
"Given the study findings, UGC empowers marketers with greater access to millennials' time, a more trusted channel to deliver brand messages and a more memorable experience. This combination provides a unique medium and if leveraged correctly, gives brands the opportunity to be influential by leveraging UGC," was written in the report.
All told researchers found Millennials spend about 18 hours per day with different electronic devices.
Image via Shutterstock
- Melbourne hotel group to review their guests' behavior
- Online fraud prevention processes leading to loss of genuine sales
- Millennial car buyers still want face-to-face time at dealerships
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, targeting to give brands more insights
- Expert: Why surveys may not offer all advertisers' questions
- Expert: Look for native to continue strong growth
- U.S. in-store and mobile retail experience found wanting
- Brits more interested in smart home tech than wearable tech
Featured White Papers