News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: In social the ladies rule the world
In the social media world it is women who are leading the way - both in adoption of technology and in how social media is used to stay connected with friends, work and favorite brands. That's the takeaway from a new infographic out this week from Finances Online.
The social space is growing in popularity and that is pushing their value. According to experts the value of Pinterest is $7.7 billion while both Instagram and Tumblr both have values over the billion dollar mark as well. And women are leading the way on nearly all of them.
First the numbers: data shows women outnumber men on all the top social networks - 76% of American Women use Facebook and 66% of men do, 54% of women use Tumblr and 46% of men do and 33% of women use Pinterest while 8% of men do. In fact men only out-rank women on the LinkedIn social network where 24% of men use the network and only 19% of women.
Other interesting findings from Finances Online include:
• Both men and women are likely to logon to socnets multiple times each day
• More than half of women interact with brands via social by showing support or accessing offers, less than half of men do so
• 58% of women engage with news via social, 42% of men do so
• Women are more likely than men to engage with social via a mobile devices
While smartphones are still the mobile device of choice for most social network users, women are turning to mobile for their social hits slightly more often than men. On smartphones 46% of women are engaging with social apps while 43% of men are; on tablets about one-third (32%) of women engage with social while only about 20% of men do.
The Finances Online infographic data was culled from the likes of Pew Research Center and Burst Media.
Image via Shutterstock
- 57% of consumers do not trust a business with their data
- 39% turn blind eye to branded social media posts
- Study: Tiggered emails key to reengaging cart abandoners
- Report: Mobile pushing more ecommerce
- How brands can use chat apps to engage
- Ad Roundup: Email and experience tools
- RichRelevance: Site Search key for shoppers
- How loyalty data can improve the shopper experience
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...