News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report highlights mobile's role in hotel customer experience
New research from Magnani Caruso Dutton further highlights the increasing role of mobile in the research and booking of hotel accommodation and what hotels can do to enhance the mobile customer experience.
In their latest report, "Seeing Returns: Building Loyalty at Hotels Through Digital Customer Experience", digital customer experience agency Magnani Caruso Dutton found that hotel guests rely heavily on their mobile device.
When asked how much of an impact the quality of a hotel's website, app or other digital tools have on their decision to stay 72% of business travelers said "moderate" or "strong" impact as did 64% of leisure travelers and 74% of family travelers.
On arrival at their destination, travelers consider mobile's role equally important during their stay and three-quarters (74%) want "substantial" digital involvement from hotels to improve their stay. In particular, 80% of travelers want to use their mobile device to discover hotel amenities and hours of operation, 78% want to engage with maps of the locality.
Furthermore, 73% want to bypass queues on arrival by having mobile check-in and the same number want to be able to use mobile to request a late check-out.
According to John Caruso, creative director and partner for Magnani Caruso Dutton, New York, "as we find we are able to do more things with our phones each day, our expectations for service will continue to rise" and, he says, the expectation is that this experience continue with hotels.
"Hotels should not overlook the power of sending their guests timely text messages, linking to useful mobile websites, or just sending helpful emails with information like the health club's hours or recommended restaurants nearby," added Caruso.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Smartphone viewers more likely to click
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
- Five-fold YoY growth in contactless payment use in UK
- Marketing spend on social to rise from 11% to a quarter of budget
- Checking email chews up 6.3 hours per day
- Study: Content, page loads reduce brand trust
- Study: Personalization key for email engagement
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...