News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report highlights mobile's role in hotel customer experience
New research from Magnani Caruso Dutton further highlights the increasing role of mobile in the research and booking of hotel accommodation and what hotels can do to enhance the mobile customer experience.
In their latest report, "Seeing Returns: Building Loyalty at Hotels Through Digital Customer Experience", digital customer experience agency Magnani Caruso Dutton found that hotel guests rely heavily on their mobile device.
When asked how much of an impact the quality of a hotel's website, app or other digital tools have on their decision to stay 72% of business travelers said "moderate" or "strong" impact as did 64% of leisure travelers and 74% of family travelers.
On arrival at their destination, travelers consider mobile's role equally important during their stay and three-quarters (74%) want "substantial" digital involvement from hotels to improve their stay. In particular, 80% of travelers want to use their mobile device to discover hotel amenities and hours of operation, 78% want to engage with maps of the locality.
Furthermore, 73% want to bypass queues on arrival by having mobile check-in and the same number want to be able to use mobile to request a late check-out.
According to John Caruso, creative director and partner for Magnani Caruso Dutton, New York, "as we find we are able to do more things with our phones each day, our expectations for service will continue to rise" and, he says, the expectation is that this experience continue with hotels.
"Hotels should not overlook the power of sending their guests timely text messages, linking to useful mobile websites, or just sending helpful emails with information like the health club's hours or recommended restaurants nearby," added Caruso.
Image via Shutterstock
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...