News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report highlights mobile's role in hotel customer experience
New research from Magnani Caruso Dutton further highlights the increasing role of mobile in the research and booking of hotel accommodation and what hotels can do to enhance the mobile customer experience.
In their latest report, "Seeing Returns: Building Loyalty at Hotels Through Digital Customer Experience", digital customer experience agency Magnani Caruso Dutton found that hotel guests rely heavily on their mobile device.
When asked how much of an impact the quality of a hotel's website, app or other digital tools have on their decision to stay 72% of business travelers said "moderate" or "strong" impact as did 64% of leisure travelers and 74% of family travelers.
On arrival at their destination, travelers consider mobile's role equally important during their stay and three-quarters (74%) want "substantial" digital involvement from hotels to improve their stay. In particular, 80% of travelers want to use their mobile device to discover hotel amenities and hours of operation, 78% want to engage with maps of the locality.
Furthermore, 73% want to bypass queues on arrival by having mobile check-in and the same number want to be able to use mobile to request a late check-out.
According to John Caruso, creative director and partner for Magnani Caruso Dutton, New York, "as we find we are able to do more things with our phones each day, our expectations for service will continue to rise" and, he says, the expectation is that this experience continue with hotels.
"Hotels should not overlook the power of sending their guests timely text messages, linking to useful mobile websites, or just sending helpful emails with information like the health club's hours or recommended restaurants nearby," added Caruso.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...