News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report highlights mobile's role in hotel customer experience
New research from Magnani Caruso Dutton further highlights the increasing role of mobile in the research and booking of hotel accommodation and what hotels can do to enhance the mobile customer experience.
In their latest report, "Seeing Returns: Building Loyalty at Hotels Through Digital Customer Experience", digital customer experience agency Magnani Caruso Dutton found that hotel guests rely heavily on their mobile device.
When asked how much of an impact the quality of a hotel's website, app or other digital tools have on their decision to stay 72% of business travelers said "moderate" or "strong" impact as did 64% of leisure travelers and 74% of family travelers.
On arrival at their destination, travelers consider mobile's role equally important during their stay and three-quarters (74%) want "substantial" digital involvement from hotels to improve their stay. In particular, 80% of travelers want to use their mobile device to discover hotel amenities and hours of operation, 78% want to engage with maps of the locality.
Furthermore, 73% want to bypass queues on arrival by having mobile check-in and the same number want to be able to use mobile to request a late check-out.
According to John Caruso, creative director and partner for Magnani Caruso Dutton, New York, "as we find we are able to do more things with our phones each day, our expectations for service will continue to rise" and, he says, the expectation is that this experience continue with hotels.
"Hotels should not overlook the power of sending their guests timely text messages, linking to useful mobile websites, or just sending helpful emails with information like the health club's hours or recommended restaurants nearby," added Caruso.
Image via Shutterstock
- Forecast: Local media revs to push $140b
- Consumers more likely to be loyal to brands with a physical presence
- Study dispels myth that 15-24 year olds are the true 'digital natives'
- Top 3 tips to better optimize branded content
- Programmatic spending skyrockets through Nexage Markeplace
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
Featured White Papers
- Evolving Toward the Next Phase of Email
According to most corporate decision makers and influencers, email is the single most important application they have deployed! The typical...
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...