News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Quarter of UK's top finance brands have no mobile website, apps
Among the biggest spenders on advertising within the UK's finance industry, a quarter does not have a mobile strategy, according to new research released by the Internet Advertising Bureau UK.
The IAB UK's latest mobile audit reveals that, among the top 50 finance companies (including banks, loan providers and insurers) spending the most on advertising in the UK, 24% do not have a mobile presence. That is to say, they do not have a mobile website nor an app.
The audit was carried out using several different key performance indicators including whether the brand had a mobile optimized website, tablet specific use, responsive web design, mobile optimized search and apps.
"It's evident that whilst some brands have really grasped the fundamentals of mobile marketing some are still lagging behind," said IAB's Mobile and Operations Director, Jon Mew. "We hope to work with these brands more throughout 2014 to help them understand the possibilities and opportunities that mobile can offer."
However, there are some star performers. Natwest, Bupa and Hiscox all scored highly against the key performance indicators. Furthermore, 22% of the 50 finance firms had responsive web design - a larger proportion than within the retail (2%) or travel (4%) industries.
The IAB's research also revealed that banks, in particular, were making the most of mobile apps. Seventy percent of banks had a mobile app of which 64% allowed consumers to transfer money between accounts.
Image via Shutterstock
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...