News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Quarter of UK's top finance brands have no mobile website, apps
Among the biggest spenders on advertising within the UK's finance industry, a quarter does not have a mobile strategy, according to new research released by the Internet Advertising Bureau UK.
The IAB UK's latest mobile audit reveals that, among the top 50 finance companies (including banks, loan providers and insurers) spending the most on advertising in the UK, 24% do not have a mobile presence. That is to say, they do not have a mobile website nor an app.
The audit was carried out using several different key performance indicators including whether the brand had a mobile optimized website, tablet specific use, responsive web design, mobile optimized search and apps.
"It's evident that whilst some brands have really grasped the fundamentals of mobile marketing some are still lagging behind," said IAB's Mobile and Operations Director, Jon Mew. "We hope to work with these brands more throughout 2014 to help them understand the possibilities and opportunities that mobile can offer."
However, there are some star performers. Natwest, Bupa and Hiscox all scored highly against the key performance indicators. Furthermore, 22% of the 50 finance firms had responsive web design - a larger proportion than within the retail (2%) or travel (4%) industries.
The IAB's research also revealed that banks, in particular, were making the most of mobile apps. Seventy percent of banks had a mobile app of which 64% allowed consumers to transfer money between accounts.
Image via Shutterstock
- Demandbase: What won't happen in 2015
- Ecommerce Roundup: Shoppers findings leads on social media
- Report: Analysis high on B2Bers New Year List
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...