News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Quarter of UK's top finance brands have no mobile website, apps
Among the biggest spenders on advertising within the UK's finance industry, a quarter does not have a mobile strategy, according to new research released by the Internet Advertising Bureau UK.
The IAB UK's latest mobile audit reveals that, among the top 50 finance companies (including banks, loan providers and insurers) spending the most on advertising in the UK, 24% do not have a mobile presence. That is to say, they do not have a mobile website nor an app.
The audit was carried out using several different key performance indicators including whether the brand had a mobile optimized website, tablet specific use, responsive web design, mobile optimized search and apps.
"It's evident that whilst some brands have really grasped the fundamentals of mobile marketing some are still lagging behind," said IAB's Mobile and Operations Director, Jon Mew. "We hope to work with these brands more throughout 2014 to help them understand the possibilities and opportunities that mobile can offer."
However, there are some star performers. Natwest, Bupa and Hiscox all scored highly against the key performance indicators. Furthermore, 22% of the 50 finance firms had responsive web design - a larger proportion than within the retail (2%) or travel (4%) industries.
The IAB's research also revealed that banks, in particular, were making the most of mobile apps. Seventy percent of banks had a mobile app of which 64% allowed consumers to transfer money between accounts.
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey suggests increasing interest in e-gifts
- Referral key way in which marketers find SEO services
- Social Roundup: Rolling out for Instagram
- Brands: How to engage Millennials in your work force
- Top 3 tips to monetize traffic
- U.S. presidential elections: Digital media use up, television still dominant
- Reports: Brands are winning back to school
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...