News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Quarter of UK's top finance brands have no mobile website, apps
Among the biggest spenders on advertising within the UK's finance industry, a quarter does not have a mobile strategy, according to new research released by the Internet Advertising Bureau UK.
The IAB UK's latest mobile audit reveals that, among the top 50 finance companies (including banks, loan providers and insurers) spending the most on advertising in the UK, 24% do not have a mobile presence. That is to say, they do not have a mobile website nor an app.
The audit was carried out using several different key performance indicators including whether the brand had a mobile optimized website, tablet specific use, responsive web design, mobile optimized search and apps.
"It's evident that whilst some brands have really grasped the fundamentals of mobile marketing some are still lagging behind," said IAB's Mobile and Operations Director, Jon Mew. "We hope to work with these brands more throughout 2014 to help them understand the possibilities and opportunities that mobile can offer."
However, there are some star performers. Natwest, Bupa and Hiscox all scored highly against the key performance indicators. Furthermore, 22% of the 50 finance firms had responsive web design - a larger proportion than within the retail (2%) or travel (4%) industries.
The IAB's research also revealed that banks, in particular, were making the most of mobile apps. Seventy percent of banks had a mobile app of which 64% allowed consumers to transfer money between accounts.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...