News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Quarter of UK's top finance brands have no mobile website, apps
Among the biggest spenders on advertising within the UK's finance industry, a quarter does not have a mobile strategy, according to new research released by the Internet Advertising Bureau UK.
The IAB UK's latest mobile audit reveals that, among the top 50 finance companies (including banks, loan providers and insurers) spending the most on advertising in the UK, 24% do not have a mobile presence. That is to say, they do not have a mobile website nor an app.
The audit was carried out using several different key performance indicators including whether the brand had a mobile optimized website, tablet specific use, responsive web design, mobile optimized search and apps.
"It's evident that whilst some brands have really grasped the fundamentals of mobile marketing some are still lagging behind," said IAB's Mobile and Operations Director, Jon Mew. "We hope to work with these brands more throughout 2014 to help them understand the possibilities and opportunities that mobile can offer."
However, there are some star performers. Natwest, Bupa and Hiscox all scored highly against the key performance indicators. Furthermore, 22% of the 50 finance firms had responsive web design - a larger proportion than within the retail (2%) or travel (4%) industries.
The IAB's research also revealed that banks, in particular, were making the most of mobile apps. Seventy percent of banks had a mobile app of which 64% allowed consumers to transfer money between accounts.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 challenges facing retailers and how to solve them
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
- European Commission forces Google, Apple to make users aware of 'true cost' of an app
- Top 3 tips to improve seasonal marketing plans
- Research: Social media users less likely to post positively about their favorite products
- Twitter preps for new generation of commerce experiences
- iBeacon firm offers free hardware and installation to UK retailers
- Swrve: Report reveals one third of apps get only one minute of attention
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...