News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Platforms enhance mobile experience
Two additions to the mobile space may help brands enhance consumer loyalty through mobile messaging and apps.
First, PunchTab is adding Android functionality to their mobile SDK tools for smartphone and tablet developers. The SDK kit is free and gives mobile developers the ability to create loyalty and engagement programs for their existing apps.
"Mobile is the most important channel for brands when it comes to engaging consumers with relevant, real-time messages and offers. According to a recent study, 83% of consumers expect to make more purchases via mobile in the next 12 months, a 15% increase from today's current statistics -- this is a critical proof point of how important mobile has become for brands. Awareness, engagement, and enhanced loyalty are essential components in the success of a mobile app," said PunchTab Founder and CEO Ranjith Kumaran. "With our Android SDK we can provide Android developers with the same high-quality, easy-to-use functionality that the PunchTab platform offers to over 19,000 active programs on our platform."
Meanwhile iLyngo has launched the Cyfr app, a program and rewards mobile users for instant messaging their contacts. Through the app when users message friends and family they are offered real-time, personalized rewards including coupons and other offers.
"Most IM apps do not offer any improvements or enhancements that have a real purpose, or impact a user's communication in any way that is beneficial to the user," says iLyngo co-founder Sanjay Patel. "Rather than weigh down an app with tangential features, we focused on enriching that communication in ways that thoughtfully use platform capabilities. We feel it's an app that truly improves the lives of its users."
The Cyfr platform is available for both Android and Apple mobiles.
Image via Shutterstock
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
- Studies predict strong holiday shopping season
- Unruly IDs the most shared videos of 2014
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
- Top 6 tips to set retailers up for the 2014 holidays
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....