News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Online video fosters consumer trust
Consumers love video and believe that companies that produce videos are more trustworthy and engaged with their customers, according to new data released by online video firm Animoto.
Whether they're searching for a restaurant, a new gadget or somewhere to go on vacation, consumers love video and they want to see more.
In a recent survey, online video tool Animoto found that almost all respondents (96%) said video helped them make a purchase, with 93% using them to comparison shop. Not only that, more than half (58%) said companies that produce videos are more trustworthy and that the video content leaves them with a positive impression of the business (71%). Two-thirds (64%) say video is helpful to learn more about a company they intend to purchase from.
"The data shows that there's a real power in business videos to help people make confident shopping decisions," says Brad Jefferson, CEO of Animoto. "Further, consumers develop a more positive impression of companies that use video and even find such companies to be more trustworthy. Businesses that don't embrace video are overlooking a valuable way to reach their customers and will struggle to keep up with the competition."
Most (83%) respondents said shorter video is preferable with the ideal length needed to inform them of a purchase decision being five minutes or less. And they want more. Forty-two percent want more product descriptions or demonstrations. And they want more variety - 57% want more video content about electronics, 39% want more restaurant videos, 34% want more travel video and 33% want to see more videos about exercise and fitness.
- Study: 'Digital amnesia' the result of over-reliance on mobile
- New Zealand passes law criminalizing cyberbullying
- U.K.: Marketers concerned about keeping pace with marketing technology
- 'Commuter Commerce' worth £9.3 billion each year
- Research uncovers ways in which Millennials 'game' e-commerce
- Study finds that 'data for discounts' consumer behavior is a fallacy
- Ad Roundup: Solutions for ads, optimization, mobile work
- Top 3 don't's for telecom customer service
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...