News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Online video fosters consumer trust
Consumers love video and believe that companies that produce videos are more trustworthy and engaged with their customers, according to new data released by online video firm Animoto.
Whether they're searching for a restaurant, a new gadget or somewhere to go on vacation, consumers love video and they want to see more.
In a recent survey, online video tool Animoto found that almost all respondents (96%) said video helped them make a purchase, with 93% using them to comparison shop. Not only that, more than half (58%) said companies that produce videos are more trustworthy and that the video content leaves them with a positive impression of the business (71%). Two-thirds (64%) say video is helpful to learn more about a company they intend to purchase from.
"The data shows that there's a real power in business videos to help people make confident shopping decisions," says Brad Jefferson, CEO of Animoto. "Further, consumers develop a more positive impression of companies that use video and even find such companies to be more trustworthy. Businesses that don't embrace video are overlooking a valuable way to reach their customers and will struggle to keep up with the competition."
Most (83%) respondents said shorter video is preferable with the ideal length needed to inform them of a purchase decision being five minutes or less. And they want more. Forty-two percent want more product descriptions or demonstrations. And they want more variety - 57% want more video content about electronics, 39% want more restaurant videos, 34% want more travel video and 33% want to see more videos about exercise and fitness.
- Top 3 tips to ensure content is global-ready
- Survey: SMBs missing out by not being online
- Report: State of mobile travel
- PayPal wants users to eat their (pass)words
- 'Visually wired' disposition behind massive rise in infographic use
- Half of British consumers believe drone deliveries will never happen
- Social Roundup: How brands are engaging in social
- Targeted ads give Internet users the creeps
Featured White Papers
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...