News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Online video fosters consumer trust
Consumers love video and believe that companies that produce videos are more trustworthy and engaged with their customers, according to new data released by online video firm Animoto.
Whether they're searching for a restaurant, a new gadget or somewhere to go on vacation, consumers love video and they want to see more.
In a recent survey, online video tool Animoto found that almost all respondents (96%) said video helped them make a purchase, with 93% using them to comparison shop. Not only that, more than half (58%) said companies that produce videos are more trustworthy and that the video content leaves them with a positive impression of the business (71%). Two-thirds (64%) say video is helpful to learn more about a company they intend to purchase from.
"The data shows that there's a real power in business videos to help people make confident shopping decisions," says Brad Jefferson, CEO of Animoto. "Further, consumers develop a more positive impression of companies that use video and even find such companies to be more trustworthy. Businesses that don't embrace video are overlooking a valuable way to reach their customers and will struggle to keep up with the competition."
Most (83%) respondents said shorter video is preferable with the ideal length needed to inform them of a purchase decision being five minutes or less. And they want more. Forty-two percent want more product descriptions or demonstrations. And they want more variety - 57% want more video content about electronics, 39% want more restaurant videos, 34% want more travel video and 33% want to see more videos about exercise and fitness.
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
- Adobe: More online TV watched on smartphones than tablets
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...