News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Online video fosters consumer trust
Consumers love video and believe that companies that produce videos are more trustworthy and engaged with their customers, according to new data released by online video firm Animoto.
Whether they're searching for a restaurant, a new gadget or somewhere to go on vacation, consumers love video and they want to see more.
In a recent survey, online video tool Animoto found that almost all respondents (96%) said video helped them make a purchase, with 93% using them to comparison shop. Not only that, more than half (58%) said companies that produce videos are more trustworthy and that the video content leaves them with a positive impression of the business (71%). Two-thirds (64%) say video is helpful to learn more about a company they intend to purchase from.
"The data shows that there's a real power in business videos to help people make confident shopping decisions," says Brad Jefferson, CEO of Animoto. "Further, consumers develop a more positive impression of companies that use video and even find such companies to be more trustworthy. Businesses that don't embrace video are overlooking a valuable way to reach their customers and will struggle to keep up with the competition."
Most (83%) respondents said shorter video is preferable with the ideal length needed to inform them of a purchase decision being five minutes or less. And they want more. Forty-two percent want more product descriptions or demonstrations. And they want more variety - 57% want more video content about electronics, 39% want more restaurant videos, 34% want more travel video and 33% want to see more videos about exercise and fitness.
- Study: Half of parents frustrated by BTS shopping
- How to be sure SaaS options are right for you
- Intent HQ: Consumers want brands to be honest and transparent about data collection
- Forecast: 250 million smart wearables in use by 2018
- Ad Roundup: Making mobile, social, video simpler
- Report: Retailers' investment in mobile paying off
- Survey: Customer service/support high on brands' focus list
- How indie retailers fit into the online space
Featured White Papers
- Three Converged Media Campaigns Worth Emulating
The old adage, "you get what you pay for" may no longer be true when it comes to traditional paid...