News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
One-click process would encourage consumers to use mobile payments
The key to driving adoption of mobile payments is to make the process as quick and as simple as possible, confirms a study by mobile solutions firm Oxygen8.
Use of mobile payments in the UK is currently a long way off mainstream. A third of adults in Oxygen8's study (age 18-44) said they had never used their mobile device to make a payment, despite having the ability to do so.
The findings reflect those of research by Bain & Co which found that, while awareness of mobile payment options among consumers is rising (70% of Europeans), only 25% overall said they would be willing to use their device in-store to pay for items.
What's putting many of them off, according to Oxygen8's findings, is the multi-step process of making a mobile payment. More than half (55%) said they would be more likely to make a mobile payment if it was a simpler process while slightly more (56%) said multiple steps to complete a mobile purchase was off-putting and a single-click method would encourage them to use their device more often.
Maria Grant, Head of Product Development at Oxygen8 Group said the expectation for "simplicity" comes during a one-click age where "secure hassle free payments... are a given".
"These findings show that consumers expect similar simplicity when it comes to mobile payments," said Grant. "Businesses, like ours, are able to provide this to merchants. But it's clear that the industry needs to work to create more awareness with consumers that simple, secure and swift smartphone payment options already exist."
Image via Shutterstock
- SMBs: What to look for in your next device
- 3 ways analytics may be clouding your strategy
- Why brands need to know document search
- Half of cybersecurity experts say mobile payments are not secure
- Amazon the go-to place for consumers to search for products
- Which holiday season promos will motivate consumers to buy?
- Display ad revenues continue to rise despite ad blocking
- Mobile camera functionality key to capturing Millennials' loyalty
Featured White Papers
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...