News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
One-click process would encourage consumers to use mobile payments
The key to driving adoption of mobile payments is to make the process as quick and as simple as possible, confirms a study by mobile solutions firm Oxygen8.
Use of mobile payments in the UK is currently a long way off mainstream. A third of adults in Oxygen8's study (age 18-44) said they had never used their mobile device to make a payment, despite having the ability to do so.
The findings reflect those of research by Bain & Co which found that, while awareness of mobile payment options among consumers is rising (70% of Europeans), only 25% overall said they would be willing to use their device in-store to pay for items.
What's putting many of them off, according to Oxygen8's findings, is the multi-step process of making a mobile payment. More than half (55%) said they would be more likely to make a mobile payment if it was a simpler process while slightly more (56%) said multiple steps to complete a mobile purchase was off-putting and a single-click method would encourage them to use their device more often.
Maria Grant, Head of Product Development at Oxygen8 Group said the expectation for "simplicity" comes during a one-click age where "secure hassle free payments... are a given".
"These findings show that consumers expect similar simplicity when it comes to mobile payments," said Grant. "Businesses, like ours, are able to provide this to merchants. But it's clear that the industry needs to work to create more awareness with consumers that simple, secure and swift smartphone payment options already exist."
Image via Shutterstock
- Consumer engagement with mobile ads on the rise
- Android dominates smartphone market
- How to tell if social is right for your brand
- Ecomm Roundup: Faster checkouts and better personalization
- Top 3 tips to use data better this holiday season
- Microbusinesses dipping into personal savings
- British consumers will give up more personal data for discounts, free delivery
- How dark social can impact brand
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...