News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
New AdWords format includes detailed consumer opinion data
Google AdWords features are evolving along with consumer behavior. As more Internet users rely on reviews and opinions of others to help them make purchasing decisions, so Google has now begun rolling out consumer ratings annotations, a new format of search ad, that includes within it detailed consumer opinion data.
After beta testing with advertisers revealed that consumer ratings annotations increase click-through rates by an average of 10%, Google will begin rolling out the new search ad format over the coming days.
According to Google's blog post announcement, "consumer ratings annotations highlight one or more strongly rated aspects of your business as part of your ad. For example, if you're an insurance company, this annotation may be focused on claims handling. If you're an airline, it may highlight your rewards program".
The data for the annotations will come from Google's Consumer Surveys, a platform that provides for controlled sampling of consumer opinion which will serve to "avoid some of the potential biases and risks with other types of open-to-everyone review platforms".
"Consumer ratings annotations will soon start showing with several hundred advertisers' search ads in the US, UK and Canada. We hope to expand availability to more advertisers in the future," says Shreyas Doshi, Group Product Manager, AdWords.
- Study: Nearly one-third say they 'don't do enough' to internationalize their business
- Millennials say the right content drives brand loyalty
- Consumers not impressed by engagement of branded apps
- Online shoppers excited about possibility of drone deliveries
- Colors affect sharing behavior on Pinterest
- Survey highlights importance of returns process to consumer loyalty
- 45% of marketers to invest in events during 2015
- Barclays Bank launches Twitter payments
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- How to Promote and Measure Hashtag Campaigns
A single hashtag can connect your brand messaging across each of the major social networks. Learn how hashtags can be...