News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
New AdWords format includes detailed consumer opinion data
Google AdWords features are evolving along with consumer behavior. As more Internet users rely on reviews and opinions of others to help them make purchasing decisions, so Google has now begun rolling out consumer ratings annotations, a new format of search ad, that includes within it detailed consumer opinion data.
After beta testing with advertisers revealed that consumer ratings annotations increase click-through rates by an average of 10%, Google will begin rolling out the new search ad format over the coming days.
According to Google's blog post announcement, "consumer ratings annotations highlight one or more strongly rated aspects of your business as part of your ad. For example, if you're an insurance company, this annotation may be focused on claims handling. If you're an airline, it may highlight your rewards program".
The data for the annotations will come from Google's Consumer Surveys, a platform that provides for controlled sampling of consumer opinion which will serve to "avoid some of the potential biases and risks with other types of open-to-everyone review platforms".
"Consumer ratings annotations will soon start showing with several hundred advertisers' search ads in the US, UK and Canada. We hope to expand availability to more advertisers in the future," says Shreyas Doshi, Group Product Manager, AdWords.
- Omnichannel retail strategy key to SME success
- UK: Post-Brexit sees rise in overseas online orders
- Study: Time spent with top 100 apps up 10%
- Report: Best practices for loyalty programs
- Expert: How ad blocking is affecting brands now
- Google will penalize mobile websites with pesky pop-ups
- Expert: Brands can recover from endorsement scandal
- Millennials most influenced by family online
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...