News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
New AdWords format includes detailed consumer opinion data
Google AdWords features are evolving along with consumer behavior. As more Internet users rely on reviews and opinions of others to help them make purchasing decisions, so Google has now begun rolling out consumer ratings annotations, a new format of search ad, that includes within it detailed consumer opinion data.
After beta testing with advertisers revealed that consumer ratings annotations increase click-through rates by an average of 10%, Google will begin rolling out the new search ad format over the coming days.
According to Google's blog post announcement, "consumer ratings annotations highlight one or more strongly rated aspects of your business as part of your ad. For example, if you're an insurance company, this annotation may be focused on claims handling. If you're an airline, it may highlight your rewards program".
The data for the annotations will come from Google's Consumer Surveys, a platform that provides for controlled sampling of consumer opinion which will serve to "avoid some of the potential biases and risks with other types of open-to-everyone review platforms".
"Consumer ratings annotations will soon start showing with several hundred advertisers' search ads in the US, UK and Canada. We hope to expand availability to more advertisers in the future," says Shreyas Doshi, Group Product Manager, AdWords.
- Business mail rooms inundated with personal online shopping deliveries
- Study: Micro-businesses need more help
- eRetail, banking and airline ticketing earmarked as hot areas for online fraud
- Poll: SMBs worried over benefits, pay
- Expert: Tips for better small business expansion
- Mobile Roundup: Breaking down app, game installs
- 'Adblockalypse' now?
- Mobile drives fastest UK digital ad growth rate in 7 years
Featured White Papers
- 6 SEO Predictions to Plan for in 2016
To succeed in 2016, marketers must pay heed to a number of critical SEO trends, including how they go about...
- How to Boost Reader Engagement 300%
Building an audience isn't just about quantity: it's also about quality. How can you increase the number of readers who...