News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile tops list of items travelers least want to forget when packing for a trip
Everyone has that one item that they least want to forget when packing for a trip. What that item is may depend on where you come from, according to new research from online travel agency Agoda.
When Agoda surveyed 50,000 of its customers, from all corners of the globe, about which items they deemed most important for a trip away from home, the results revealed distinct differences between people of different nationalities.
In the Asia region, mobile phones were top of the list of items that travelers could not leave home without (45%), followed by credit cards (29%). However, among Asian nations there was much disparity.
According to Agoda, "mobile phones were clearly the priority among travelers from Asia, with one exception, the Japanese. They were the only group in Asia to choose credit cards over mobile phones, 38% to 28%".
Surprisingly, perhaps, given the important role of mobile in Western lives, European and American travelers were more concerned to have credit cards with them (47%) than their mobile phone (19%).
Agoda's infographic of the 'forgetful traveler' can be viewed in its entirety here.
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships to increase viewability, deflate fraud
- Expert: The most important social metrics for brands
- Smartphones reach new milestone in U.S.
- 400% rise in alcohol advertising not turning U.S. into country of drunks
- Survey uncovers negative attitudes towards wearable tech
- Survey: A little research goes a long way for salespeople
- Mobile Roundup: Payment options, partnerships announced
- Top 5 tips for overworked SMBs
Featured White Papers