News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile tops list of items travelers least want to forget when packing for a trip
Everyone has that one item that they least want to forget when packing for a trip. What that item is may depend on where you come from, according to new research from online travel agency Agoda.
When Agoda surveyed 50,000 of its customers, from all corners of the globe, about which items they deemed most important for a trip away from home, the results revealed distinct differences between people of different nationalities.
In the Asia region, mobile phones were top of the list of items that travelers could not leave home without (45%), followed by credit cards (29%). However, among Asian nations there was much disparity.
According to Agoda, "mobile phones were clearly the priority among travelers from Asia, with one exception, the Japanese. They were the only group in Asia to choose credit cards over mobile phones, 38% to 28%".
Surprisingly, perhaps, given the important role of mobile in Western lives, European and American travelers were more concerned to have credit cards with them (47%) than their mobile phone (19%).
Agoda's infographic of the 'forgetful traveler' can be viewed in its entirety here.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...