News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile tops list of items travelers least want to forget when packing for a trip
Everyone has that one item that they least want to forget when packing for a trip. What that item is may depend on where you come from, according to new research from online travel agency Agoda.
When Agoda surveyed 50,000 of its customers, from all corners of the globe, about which items they deemed most important for a trip away from home, the results revealed distinct differences between people of different nationalities.
In the Asia region, mobile phones were top of the list of items that travelers could not leave home without (45%), followed by credit cards (29%). However, among Asian nations there was much disparity.
According to Agoda, "mobile phones were clearly the priority among travelers from Asia, with one exception, the Japanese. They were the only group in Asia to choose credit cards over mobile phones, 38% to 28%".
Surprisingly, perhaps, given the important role of mobile in Western lives, European and American travelers were more concerned to have credit cards with them (47%) than their mobile phone (19%).
Agoda's infographic of the 'forgetful traveler' can be viewed in its entirety here.
Image via Shutterstock
- Snapchat beats Facebook for daily video views
- Global study reveals 'authenticity deficit' among brands
- Report: Video is video regardless of screen
- Study: US mobile app experience low
- Top 4 tips to succeed at Mother's Day email
- Ad Roundup: New solutions for personalization, collaboration
- How brands can better manage social
- How data impacts marketing automation
Featured White Papers
- 6 SEO Predictions to Plan for in 2016
To succeed in 2016, marketers must pay heed to a number of critical SEO trends, including how they go about...
- How to Boost Reader Engagement 300%
Building an audience isn't just about quantity: it's also about quality. How can you increase the number of readers who...