News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile tops list of items travelers least want to forget when packing for a trip
Everyone has that one item that they least want to forget when packing for a trip. What that item is may depend on where you come from, according to new research from online travel agency Agoda.
When Agoda surveyed 50,000 of its customers, from all corners of the globe, about which items they deemed most important for a trip away from home, the results revealed distinct differences between people of different nationalities.
In the Asia region, mobile phones were top of the list of items that travelers could not leave home without (45%), followed by credit cards (29%). However, among Asian nations there was much disparity.
According to Agoda, "mobile phones were clearly the priority among travelers from Asia, with one exception, the Japanese. They were the only group in Asia to choose credit cards over mobile phones, 38% to 28%".
Surprisingly, perhaps, given the important role of mobile in Western lives, European and American travelers were more concerned to have credit cards with them (47%) than their mobile phone (19%).
Agoda's infographic of the 'forgetful traveler' can be viewed in its entirety here.
Image via Shutterstock
- Few help desk systems are cloud-based
- Survey: Phablets fastest growing mobile device
- Brands: How content should change your mobile strategy
- In-store sales down for Valentines finds report
- Top 3 tips for non-profits to succeed in digital
- Ad RoundUp: Partnerships increase ad support across channels
- Report: Fraud, conversions linked to traffic numbers
- Mobile Roundup: New solutions, partnerships to help mobile brands
Featured White Papers
- Measure What Matters: Five Features to Enable Now On Google Analytics
Google Analytics is an excellent tool for gaining insights into user behavior and gathering data for site optimization. Unfortunately, in...
- A lot of what you know about email marketing could be wrong
There is a lot of email-marketing advice floating around out there. And, frankly, a lot of it is bad. Hunches...