News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile: Retail apps encourage in-store shoppers
Retailers that provide a mobile app are more likely to attract in-store shoppers, according to new research released by app research and strategy organization Apigee Institute.
The research, conducted in the U.S., found that two thirds (66%) of consumers are more likely to shop in a brick-and-mortar store that has a "useful" mobile app. Among 'power users' - that 25% of consumers who use apps more frequently - the figure rises to 84%.
"The rise of mobile isn't just changing e-commerce. Our research finds that customers not only want brick-and-mortar retailers to deliver key services via apps, they expect them to," said Bryan Kirschner, director of the Apigee Institute.
What do consumers define as "useful"? For more than 50% of respondents the most critical feature in a retail app is an easy to use interface and features that allow them to find a store. This was followed by customer service access and the option of being able to purchase items through the application.
According to the Apigee Institute's report, "The Mobile Mandate for Retail - Three Criteria for Making the Most of Mobile Apps in Retail", "More than 8 in 10 (81%) smartphone owners say their phone or tablet has changed the way they shop, with 15% describing their experience as completely changed. Taking into account expectations for the future, nearly all (90%) expect mobile to change their shopping behavior by 2015".
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...