News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile: Retail apps encourage in-store shoppers
Retailers that provide a mobile app are more likely to attract in-store shoppers, according to new research released by app research and strategy organization Apigee Institute.
The research, conducted in the U.S., found that two thirds (66%) of consumers are more likely to shop in a brick-and-mortar store that has a "useful" mobile app. Among 'power users' - that 25% of consumers who use apps more frequently - the figure rises to 84%.
"The rise of mobile isn't just changing e-commerce. Our research finds that customers not only want brick-and-mortar retailers to deliver key services via apps, they expect them to," said Bryan Kirschner, director of the Apigee Institute.
What do consumers define as "useful"? For more than 50% of respondents the most critical feature in a retail app is an easy to use interface and features that allow them to find a store. This was followed by customer service access and the option of being able to purchase items through the application.
According to the Apigee Institute's report, "The Mobile Mandate for Retail - Three Criteria for Making the Most of Mobile Apps in Retail", "More than 8 in 10 (81%) smartphone owners say their phone or tablet has changed the way they shop, with 15% describing their experience as completely changed. Taking into account expectations for the future, nearly all (90%) expect mobile to change their shopping behavior by 2015".
Image via Shutterstock
- Brands: How Chat-As-A-Service can work for you
- Survey: Computers are the connection of choice for sports fans
- Expert: The link between returns and cart abandons
- Mobile Roundup: App releases focus on connection, analysis
- Amazon's latest delivery location - the trunk of your car
- How mobile will change in 2015
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships to deepen brands' reach
- Survey IDs SEO platforms most brand friendly
Featured White Papers
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...