News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile: Retail apps encourage in-store shoppers
Retailers that provide a mobile app are more likely to attract in-store shoppers, according to new research released by app research and strategy organization Apigee Institute.
The research, conducted in the U.S., found that two thirds (66%) of consumers are more likely to shop in a brick-and-mortar store that has a "useful" mobile app. Among 'power users' - that 25% of consumers who use apps more frequently - the figure rises to 84%.
"The rise of mobile isn't just changing e-commerce. Our research finds that customers not only want brick-and-mortar retailers to deliver key services via apps, they expect them to," said Bryan Kirschner, director of the Apigee Institute.
What do consumers define as "useful"? For more than 50% of respondents the most critical feature in a retail app is an easy to use interface and features that allow them to find a store. This was followed by customer service access and the option of being able to purchase items through the application.
According to the Apigee Institute's report, "The Mobile Mandate for Retail - Three Criteria for Making the Most of Mobile Apps in Retail", "More than 8 in 10 (81%) smartphone owners say their phone or tablet has changed the way they shop, with 15% describing their experience as completely changed. Taking into account expectations for the future, nearly all (90%) expect mobile to change their shopping behavior by 2015".
Image via Shutterstock
- Expert: Where retailers should focus this holiday season
- Top 3 tips to create stronger video content
- Forecast: Holidays could be a boon to retailers
- 'Password fatigue' drives social login use
- Millennial-led SMBs defining new world order for marketing
- Online payment fraud costing U.S. merchants billions
- Online ad viewability in UK remains below 50%
- Mobile banking logins outpacing desktop
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....