News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile: Retail apps encourage in-store shoppers
Retailers that provide a mobile app are more likely to attract in-store shoppers, according to new research released by app research and strategy organization Apigee Institute.
The research, conducted in the U.S., found that two thirds (66%) of consumers are more likely to shop in a brick-and-mortar store that has a "useful" mobile app. Among 'power users' - that 25% of consumers who use apps more frequently - the figure rises to 84%.
"The rise of mobile isn't just changing e-commerce. Our research finds that customers not only want brick-and-mortar retailers to deliver key services via apps, they expect them to," said Bryan Kirschner, director of the Apigee Institute.
What do consumers define as "useful"? For more than 50% of respondents the most critical feature in a retail app is an easy to use interface and features that allow them to find a store. This was followed by customer service access and the option of being able to purchase items through the application.
According to the Apigee Institute's report, "The Mobile Mandate for Retail - Three Criteria for Making the Most of Mobile Apps in Retail", "More than 8 in 10 (81%) smartphone owners say their phone or tablet has changed the way they shop, with 15% describing their experience as completely changed. Taking into account expectations for the future, nearly all (90%) expect mobile to change their shopping behavior by 2015".
Image via Shutterstock
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
- Top 3 tips for a more earth friendly marketing campaign
- Local Brands: Why SEO needs an upgrade
- Ad Roundup: Releases for content monetization
- In ecommerce, personalization missing the mark
- Product imagery on retailers' mobile sites lags desktop versions
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...